• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL Official Thread

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking over our draft, I see this:

TKO picks Chris Davis, 14th round
Philabuster picks Shelby Miller, 25th round
Dub picks Clay Bucholz, 25th round

IMO, the early winner? TKO, by a...well, by a TKO! :)

Don't I get an honorable mention for drafting Hisashi Iwakuma in round 19? :noidea:
Granted I traded him but he is ranked between those 2 pitchers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't I get an honorable mention for drafting Hisashi Iwakuma in round 19? :noidea:
Granted I traded him but he is ranked between those 2 pitchers.

Yeah, you do. I suppose I should get one for Starling Marte in the 24th as well...:ohwell:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How Sweep It Is !!!!

Break up the Mets!!!

:whoo::whoo::whoo:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mitchell Boggs just ran himself out of St. Louis. :wave:

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you do. I suppose I should get one for Starling Marte in the 24th as well...:ohwell:

I think I'd give that honor to you on that one..Davis in the 14th is awesome, no doubts..but how many of us even have our 24th pick still on the team, let alone cementing an every week position in the starting lineup?

But hey, what about me? I had the.. uh..well there was that one pick...no, no, my draft f'n sucked, all the way around..still shocked I'm not dead last

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'd give that honor to you on that one..Davis in the 14th is awesome, no doubts..but how many of us even have our 24th pick still on the team, let alone cementing an every week position in the starting lineup?

But hey, what about me? I had the.. uh..well there was that one pick...no, no, my draft f'n sucked, all the way around..still shocked I'm not dead last

Yeah well, you've done a pretty nice job bringing that team around. Chris Johnson's value has just gone up, he could turn out to be a helluva waiver pick. Now you just need to hope the hiatus does Kemp some good.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Consensus Starter Help

Okay, I'm staring at this too long. I need an outside opinion. In my money league, points league - .5 IP, 1 K, -1 ER, 4 QS, 9 W, -3 L, +1 CG, +2 SO.

I'm looking at a bad week for matchups here and need a 5th starter decision made by Saturday morning.

In no particular order...

Nolasco @ Phi (Pettibone)
Garza vs Pit (Liriano) -- also Friday, so any bump or ppd could wipe him out altogether
Gausman vs Det (Porcello) -- Sunday day game, could have some regulars out?
Porcello @ Bal (Gausman) -- ditto

Both the Orioles and Tigers have an off day, but I don't see anyone getting skipped to give either of them a Friday start for me...but do I want to start both to up the odds of getting a win? Would have to sit Wacha vs Ari, probably not a bad idea... or Bumgarner @ StL which would be risky, but with the off days the Giants have, he could be bumped back into Friday giving him two starts.... dilemma.

Gimme your thoughts.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Consensus Starter Help

Okay, I'm staring at this too long. I need an outside opinion. In my money league, points league - .5 IP, 1 K, -1 ER, 4 QS, 9 W, -3 L, +1 CG, +2 SO.

I'm looking at a bad week for matchups here and need a 5th starter decision made by Saturday morning.

Garza vs Pit (Liriano) -- also Friday, so any bump or ppd could wipe him out altogether

Both the Orioles and Tigers have an off day, but I don't see anyone getting skipped to give either of them a Friday start for me...but do I want to start both to up the odds of getting a win? Would have to sit Wacha vs Ari, probably not a bad idea... or Bumgarner @ StL which would be risky, but with the off days the Giants have, he could be bumped back into Friday giving him two starts.... dilemma.

Gimme your thoughts.

Go with Nolasco. He has been pitching well, and the Phils are banged up. While you can't count on a W, I think a quality start is probable.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's where I'm leaning right now Dude...

oh boy, someone just offered me Cueto and Crawford for my Kerhsaw... Crawford would replace Dirks?? -- I usually wouldn't consider any Kershaw offer, but that's interesting, if Cueto can repeat last year and Crawford stay healthy...?

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's where I'm leaning right now Dude...

oh boy, someone just offered me Cueto and Crawford for my Kerhsaw... Crawford would replace Dirks?? -- I usually wouldn't consider any Kershaw offer, but that's interesting, if Cueto can repeat last year and Crawford stay healthy...?

I'm with D and I'm starting Nolasco in 2 leagues next week.

As for your trade proposal, I like Dirks but I worry how much plalying time he'll get once Jackson comes off the DL and where he'll drop to in the lineup. If your other outfield options are solid then I lean towards no, but if you have holes other than Dirks then It's something to consider or negotiate with.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Consensus Starter Help

Gimme your thoughts.

I will take Garza here. I have been burned too many times by Nolasco to ever trust him again. Just when you think he is going well, he puts up a line like this:

2 and 1/3 IP, 12 H, 1 BB, 8 ER

Don't do it. Porcello has been going well, but at Baltimore is tough sledding. I wouldn't chance either he or Gausman in that match up.

Garza it is by default. Don't be scared of Liriano. He is as likely to post bagels as he is to give you an auto win with a Nolasco like line.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the trade, see if you can get a more reliable (not necessarily better) hitter than Crawford. I think the value here is fine, but you are exposing yourself to a good deal of risk here.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope your guys week went better than this.

mannygonzaleznutshot.gif

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Countered with CC for Crawford and he accepted.

Garza has definitely stepped into the conversation after today's fine outing.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will take Garza here. I have been burned too many times by Nolasco to ever trust him again. Just when you think he is going well, he puts up a line like this:

2 and 1/3 IP, 12 H, 1 BB, 8 ER

Don't do it. Porcello has been going well, but at Baltimore is tough sledding. I wouldn't chance either he or Gausman in that match up.

Garza it is by default. Don't be scared of Liriano. He is as likely to post bagels as he is to give you an auto win with a Nolasco like line.

Yeah, I agree. Doesn't hurt that the Cubbies offense has suddenly come to life.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bum for Crawford, sorry. (Had them both up separately)

Garza is now in by default, with the Bum trade.

I'm a little weak at SP right now, as opposed to a few weeks ago where I (thought) was 5-strong, but that didn't work out to well, so I ridded myself of Price, Cain and Bum (Freeman, Garza, Morse and Crawford)... I'll find someone down the road, and still have Clay and CC.

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A look back at the first trade of our season:

Tigers send: J.Reddick and J.Segura to Big League Chew for W.Myers and D.Brown

One could argue that Ed and I are both geniuses....
unless of course they knew that I dropped Brown and he dropped Segura

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A look back at the first trade of our season:

Tigers send: J.Reddick and J.Segura to Big League Chew for W.Myers and D.Brown

One could argue that Ed and I are both geniuses....
unless of course they knew that I dropped Brown and he dropped Segura

Actually, i'm curious about your faith in Hosmer. If he pans out, I will bow to your wisdom. :)

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, i'm curious about your faith in Hosmer. If he pans out, I will bow to your wisdom. :)

I think he will pan out....in 2016.
Maybe George Brett can curse enough to get him to hit ball off the ground??
I frigging LOVE George Brett. Of course I remember drafting him in leagues haha.