• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL Official Thread

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Big D in, we have a better chance to get to the 2 leagues... Hopefully we can keep it, if we cant, and it seems like we will have over 12, i am not sure how we will reject players... I guess first it will be voluntary... But i really hope this works out... Or should we just look to fill one league and its all FCFS???

I would vote no to FCFS. I would say those that have been in this league for awhile should get priority over us that started last year.

thedude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do you have room for 1 more? I've been playing about 25 years...both Roto and H2H.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do you have room for 1 more? I've been playing about 25 years...both Roto and H2H.

We will keep you in mind, but there are others that we have to give priority...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crap, we gotta find a third trade partner...hey TKO! :nod:

I do plan on trading a lot this season... The only problem is I am going into the MBBRL season with a specific strategy... and I have no clue how that will translate into trade making...

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milk,
sent email to YellowFuzzy along with Big D. Told him to chime in here and will tell you when I hear from D.
Ram Tough is the only one I don't have an email for, but you can send him a PM here.

Treff, TKO, Chef and SamSport have already spoken up along with Tlance so that's 5 of 8 confirmed for the A league.

Sorry for the lack of activity- it's this tax season thing. I am in for the baseball league. I will make an effort to check in here more often for updates.
Now off to work!

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would really like to be in as the reigning B league champ, but if you need volunteers to leave it probably wouldn't be the worst thing for me to do. I was leaning towards dropping the roto league I was in and that would only leave me with my Huskers board league if I didn't do this league...man what will I do if I only have one fantasy baseball team??? :gaah:

Hopefully you guys find a home (preferably yahoo since fantrax is out) and it works out that I can do this league as well....I can manage only two fantasy baseball teams in my sleep.....:yahoo:

The other question popping up about max teams.....I would have no problem playing in a larger league than standard 12....

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would really like to be in as the reigning B league champ, but if you need volunteers to leave it probably wouldn't be the worst thing for me to do. I was leaning towards dropping the roto league I was in and that would only leave me with my Huskers board league if I didn't do this league...man what will I do if I only have one fantasy baseball team??? :gaah:

Hopefully you guys find a home (preferably yahoo since fantrax is out) and it works out that I can do this league as well....I can manage only two fantasy baseball teams in my sleep.....:yahoo:

The other question popping up about max teams.....I would have no problem playing in a larger league than standard 12....

you are in... Now we have 12...

Problem is, we still have owners that should be in(ram and smitty) who have not yet come onto this thread...

we have 4 options-
1. we go to 14 teams,
2. we try to get 2 leagues going(even if it has to be 10 team leagues)
3. we are set with the 12 teams and tough luck for the others who missed out
4. 2 players have to drop out...

the last thing i want at this point is for owners to drop out...

Even though 2 leagues is the ideal, the problem is that if we fail to get 2 leagues then we have to reject owners that said they were in, and if we have 2 leagues of 10 each then we have weakened the league...

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milk - I've been roped into doing a seventh league this year, so it looks like I probably won't have time to help with the write-ups. In way over my head at this point, I think...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milk - I've been roped into doing a seventh league this year, so it looks like I probably won't have time to help with the write-ups. In way over my head at this point, I think...

How do you guys get into so many leagues??

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Emails from friends or people with whom I've played with in the past...this year it's also been some friends on Facebook who, as it turns out, are into fantasy baseball. Recently got an invite from BigD, but I'm gonna have to decline this year.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Personal friends have generated 2-3 leagues possibilities each year. But the most options have come from message boards like these. My current leagues and where they were generated:

-15+year auction rotisserie with old hockey pals here in Denver- we started out accumulating stats from the Sunday paper.
-I am in 3 leagues generated from connections made on the old CBS boards with an old MLB guru with the handle "Fast Dogs"- very competitive slow draft, rotisserie, keeper leagues.
-I was in a league last year commished by Big D Dude-contact through SportsHoopla and these boards, but with adding the third league above I am bowing out of that league.
-and finally my old Fantasy football pals at MBBRL have a league that I am in- this one you obviously know.

That is it and that is plenty. I seem to have gotten lucky in that all the leagues that I am in are fun, competitive and active.

Ram Tough

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry guys.. I am here

Ram Tough

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been busy with work and just got settled into a new house. I will be happy to be apart of and participate in the League again. But if my spot has been given up because I am to late then I understand.?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milk, I am trying out one of your strategies for this year. Into the 5th round of a redraft H2H slow draft, and I haven't drafted a pitcher yet. Dunno how this is gonna play, but it's a fun experiment.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milk, I am trying out one of your strategies for this year. Into the 5th round of a redraft H2H slow draft, and I haven't drafted a pitcher yet. Dunno how this is gonna play, but it's a fun experiment.

I plan on using a similar strategy in MBBRL this season...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been busy with work and just got settled into a new house. I will be happy to be apart of and participate in the League again. But if my spot has been given up because I am to late then I understand.?

sorry Ram, we lost so many owners that it looks unlikely that we will be able to have 2 leagues... so since we can only have one league, it had to be FCFS for the MBBRL members... Especially since the baton was passed to a B league member... You have first alternate... If that helps... We are still looking to have 2 leagues, and it is still a possibility we can become a 14 team league, and in both scenarios you will of course be in... But we need to assume that we continue being a 12 team league, and we need to assume that there is only one league...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the In- Me, Obxyankee, Micro,bksballer, Driaz, Fuzzy, Tlance, Treff, Big D, Chef, sam, TKO

In if 14 team league or 2 leagues- Ram

Still waiting to hear from the rest...