• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL Official Thread

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also got a pm from Banned 10 X, who's been very active on the football boards, but hasn't played a whole lot of fantasy baseball. He'd like to join as well. These guys all have my vote, so we need everyone else to chime in.

Also have pms out to SoShady and Zep Tepi.

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milk, I am trying out one of your strategies for this year. Into the 5th round of a redraft H2H slow draft, and I haven't drafted a pitcher yet. Dunno how this is gonna play, but it's a fun experiment.

I plan on using a similar strategy in MBBRL this season...

I've found that in weekly lineup formats, neglecting pitching can really hurt, much better strategy for daily moves. Last year in a daily roto league I didn't take a pitcher until round 12 and won the whole thing. The year before in our first year of the MBBRL I tried the same thing and got my butt handed to me. If you can't stream, you end up screwed.

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Milk.. I only want to be in a league with the Original members.. I enjoy being in a league with these guys. Very fun and competitive so unless it ends up being a 14 man league, I wouldn't want to be apart of the 2nd league if you do get enough people

Ram, to catch you up on things, Paul and I are no longer in. Kevin (Whip out your Fip) is out as well. Not sure where DUB is in all this, but that's 4 gone from the originals

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am telling you all now!!! if I have the 12th pick I will go closer closer in the 3rd and 4th round... Kimbrel and Chapman!!!

So beware the milk!!! he may spoil your plans...

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also got a pm from Banned 10 X, who's been very active on the football boards, but hasn't played a whole lot of fantasy baseball. He'd like to join as well. These guys all have my vote, so we need everyone else to chime in.

Also have pms out to SoShady and Zep Tepi.

I am good with all those that have chimed in.
Looks like we have some momentum for a 2nd MBBRL fantasy baseball league.
Nice work fellas! :yahoo::clap::clap:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you should change Kimbrel to Jansen, milk. The shift at the top is upon us.

Chef, consider any of your votes for owners duplicated from my end.

Sweet fuck I can't wait to get FBB on the go!

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you should change Kimbrel to Jansen, milk. The shift at the top is upon us.

Chef, consider any of your votes for owners duplicated from my end.

Sweet fuck I can't wait to get FBB on the go!

was thinking that, but kimbrel doesn't deserve to lose his spot yet... Might do the same plan no matter what though, but if I am not 12th pick, I will take 2 of the 4(Kimbrel,chapman,Jansen,Holland) in the 4th and 5th...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a side note, Smitty and I were in a keeper league that folded. I'm thinking of starting a new one if anybody is interested.

I don't know what all the rules will be yet, but 8 teams with 30 man roster and 5 keepers. It would be a daily H2H points league.

Count me in for sure obx.

Rita and my old man would want back in also, if there's room.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am telling you all now!!! if I have the 12th pick I will go closer closer in the 3rd and 4th round... Kimbrel and Chapman!!!

So beware the milk!!! he may spoil your plans...

You wouldn't get either of them waiting that long. Trust me.... Wait as long as you want for starters though.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sent a pm in response to chef and checking in for a spot. Do we know what the settings are going to be for B League or will it be voted on once we fill the spots?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update:

A league- Fuzzy, Tlance, Milk, Driaz, Smitty, BigD, Ram, TKO,Treff,Chef, Micro, Sam =12

B league- Shady, Nos, Obxyankee, Bksballer, TD3Nout, Banned 10, Steelers=7

Looking for 5 more for B league but we have not heard from some MBBRLers from last season yet...

If I included anyone who does not want in just inform me...

for the new guys: this is a 5X5 categories H2H league...
Basically the only 2 rules to know are
1. absentee owners will get replaced
2. Disrespectful or integrity-less owners will be replaced...(basically don't start fights, and make it personal, and don't be making trades and other moves that hurt the league)

Ram Tough

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ram, to catch you up on things, Paul and I are no longer in. Kevin (Whip out your Fip) is out as well. Not sure where DUB is in all this, but that's 4 gone from the originals

Sad to hear you guys are out.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like it's filling up...............I may have a major issue if I can't get my puter fixed by draft day.............BTW, when is that?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TDs, Nos, Banned and Shady, thanks for responding so quickly. If you've got any more questions, fire away. Our commish Milk or one of us will be glad to answer.

Milk, if you can't get ahold of some of the other B guys let me know. And let me know if you want me to recruit anyone else, I'd be happy to.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TDs, Nos, Banned and Shady, thanks for responding so quickly. If you've got any more questions, fire away. Our commish Milk or one of us will be glad to answer.

Milk, if you can't get ahold of some of the other B guys let me know. And let me know if you want me to recruit anyone else, I'd be happy to.

How many are we short?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many are we short?

I think it stands at 5, depending on who isn't counted for on the B from last year. BrockforBroglio comes to mind, and Foot.

I don't think Foot's gonna be interested. He tanked on us last year, if I remember correctly.

Hey Sammy, interested in Verlander? Gimme Posey, you got a deal. :rollseyes:

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it stands at 5, depending on who isn't counted for on the B from last year. BrockforBroglio comes to mind, and Foot.

I don't think Foot's gonna be interested. He tanked on us last year, if I remember correctly.

Hey Sammy, interested in Verlander? Gimme Posey, you got a deal. :rollseyes:

Ummmm, are we keeping players this year........lmao! Or is this just a flashback from last year? I was so close to dumping Posey for a bag of Doritos it wasn't funny.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Got your response to my pm chef. Any chance that the B league would change to a daily league? I would give up my spot if someone who is a weekly guy wants it. That's really not my thing. Like having more control over what's going on with my teams. :suds: