• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL Official Thread

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Smith, eh, Sammy? Very interesting...what led you to that decision??? :scratch:

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Smith, eh, Sammy? Very interesting...what led you to that decision??? :scratch:
Goddam Chef, I did that like 5 minutes ago..................but if you must know, I figured I might be better off looking at a way to bring down my ERA and WHIP so I can have a chance in those cats against you.........now if I could just figure who to drop for another. Not like these guys are striking a lot of guys out.............or I might just be trying to get into your head so you go with less starts next week:suds: Either way, with 2 starts from Kluber, Lynn, Paxton (yeah, I feel like an idiot) and Smyly I SHOULD take W's and K's so why not try to take WHIP and ERA too? Oh yeah, and not like Correia was gonna help me any.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goddam Chef, I did that like 5 minutes ago..................but if you must know, I figured I might be better off looking at a way to bring down my ERA and WHIP so I can have a chance in those cats against you.........now if I could just figure who to drop for another. Not like these guys are striking a lot of guys out.............or I might just be trying to get into your head so you go with less starts next week:suds: Either way, with 2 starts from Kluber, Lynn, Paxton (yeah, I feel like an idiot) and Smyly I SHOULD take W's and K's so why not try to take WHIP and ERA too? Oh yeah, and not like Correia was gonna help me any.

Ah, but who's getting into whose head? :pound::pound::pound:

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, but who's getting into whose head? :pound::pound::pound:

:suds:

I guess it really doesn't matter since my team is your team and your team is my team..............lol. How many of your original team do you have left? Just off the top of my head I still have Posey, Trout, Jackson, Pagan (I think I drafted him), Hunter(who I traded to you then picked up after you dropped him, Sheilds, Lohse and Garza...............that's 8 of 25..................

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:suds:

I guess it really doesn't matter since my team is your team and your team is my team..............lol. How many of your original team do you have left? Just off the top of my head I still have Posey, Trout, Jackson, Pagan (I think I drafted him), Hunter(who I traded to you then picked up after you dropped him, Sheilds, Lohse and Garza...............that's 8 of 25..................

Well of course it matters, you're fighting for your playoff life! Good luck next week, the odds are pretty much stacked against me. Just remember, it's not the end of the world if the unthinkable happens and you lose. ;)

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes, if TKO ends up 9-1, it probably ain't gonna matter after all.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes, if TKO ends up 9-1, it probably ain't gonna matter after all.

Well, it's pretty much over for me..................I hate Matt Holliday! Maybe I should have tried to trade Jim for him too! Chisleballs then Holliday! Oh yeah, and some pretty shitty pitching too. Good game Jim.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it's pretty much over for me..................I hate Matt Holliday! Maybe I should have tried to trade Jim for him too! Chisleballs then Holliday! Oh yeah, and some pretty shitty pitching too. Good game Jim.

Never give up, Sammy! I actually was curious to see if you had some knowledge about something going on with Street being hurt, being an Angels fan and all, but you reacted so strongly, I could't resist messin' with ya.

Gonna be a good, trash talkin' week comin' up. :nod:

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks Sam. Perkins was nice enough to take the week off and give you 1/2 point for saves. Hell of a guy that Perkins.
Yea, that Matt Holliday guys sucks :lame:

Oh and Chef, how's your ass feel after getting spanked in the other league.:clap:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Sam. Perkins was nice enough to take the week off and give you 1/2 point for saves. Hell of a guy that Perkins.
Yea, that Matt Holliday guys sucks :lame:

Oh and Chef, how's your ass feel after getting spanked in the other league.:clap:

Yeah, nice job on that. My last minute pickup of Hardy didn't do much to stop the gushing of blood. Still, I came close to a playoff spot in my first keeper, I'll have to take consolation in that. Are you in? If so, good luck! :thumb:

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never give up, Sammy! I actually was curious to see if you had some knowledge about something going on with Street being hurt, being an Angels fan and all, but you reacted so strongly, I could't resist messin' with ya.

Gonna be a good, trash talkin' week comin' up. :nod:

I am usually laughing while typing damn near every post on the Hoop!:suds:

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B] Yeah, nice job on that. My last minute pickup of Hardy didn't do much to stop the gushing of blood. Still, I came close to a playoff spot in my first keeper, I'll have to take consolation in that. Are you in? If so, good luck! :thumb:

I'm in if I don't meltdown next week, but I shouldn't be in considering how many players I've had on the DL and how many I traded away to build for next year. If I make it past the first round it will be a miracle. :pray:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah well, it would've been a lot more interesting if TKO hadn't dominated.

Nice job, TKO! :clap:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
League Comparison-

This will be the last one of these, because it is not even close and there is no chance of anything changing over the final week. Here it is:

Runs- A: 8,990 B: 8,674
HRs- A: 2,072 B: 2,015
RBI- A: 8,564 B: 8,303
SB- A: 1,341 B: 1,306
OBP- A: .33208 B: .33133
W- A: 866 B: 808
K- A: 12,626 B: 11,928
S- A: 683 B: 717
ERA- A: 3.4683 B: 3.53375
WHIP- A: 1.2162 B: 1.22967

A league leads in 9 categories, and the Prospects can only come back in OBP. This is over.

Weekly review coming soon!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A League Weekly Review-

What a week! 2 of the races tightened up significantly and the one that seemed to be heading for final week drama seemed to clear up significantly with some key results.

Battle for First

What a battle indeed! Tlance won 6.5 - 3.5 over Big D this week, but Jim crushed Sam's hopes and dreams with an 8.5 - 1.5 victory. The end result is that Jim is now just 1 game back, with 1 to play. Tlance plays Paul this week while Jim faces TKO, who barring another huge win from the Reverend now appears playoff bound.

Meanwhile, Fuzzy is lingering still within reach should both teams completely fall apart. While first place is still very much in doubt, it would be a major upset for Fuzzy to wrest away the first round bye from either team.

Playoff Race

What a crazy week for the 4 teams in the race! Treff lost 6-4 to last place Dub and fell to 6th place. Still though, he managed to improve his playoff outlook as both Chef and Sam took brutal beatings. Chef clawed his way back from an even larger deficit to manage a 6.5-3.5 loss at Kevin's hands. Sam was run over by the train that is Reverend Jim. He lost 8.5-1.5.

While his competition all took 2 steps back, TKO scored a massive 9-1 victory over Paul. TKO now sits in 5th place, 1 game ahead of Treff, 6 games ahead of Sam and 8 ahead of Chef. Barring an absolutely massive defeat at the hands if Jim, TKO appears playoff bound.

Treff will look to maintain his 5 game edge against a fading Ramtough squad. Fittingly, Sam and Chef do battle against one another with both needed massive victories if they are to have any chance to move on.

Relegation

This one looked academic a couple weeks ago, but Kevin has been on a tear lately, while Ram and Paul can't seem to get going. Dub is still destined for the B league as he sits 8 games behind Paul, but Kevin is now just 4 games behind Paul and 5.5 back from Ram. All 3 teams in question face tough tests this week. Ram plays 6th place Treff who is need of a victory to clinch a playoff berth. Kevin plays Fuzzy who sits in 3rd with an outside chance at a first round playoff bye, and Paul plays Tlance who needs a big win to hold on to first place.

Anything can happen in the last week! Good luck to all, and happy Labor Day!

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice job T! Good luck Gordon, I mean Chef! Been a fun year and I want to thank you guys again for being patient for me to learn this shit. Said it 100 times before and I'll say it again. Baseball is hard as hell! Now it's time for the 3 game sweep of Chef!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prospect League Weekly Review

The races here are not quite as intense as the A league, but seeding is still very much up in the air and the battle for first is heating up!

Battle for First and the Automatic bid to the A League-

Micro is still in charge after a 6-4 victory over Redseat, but he is now only 2.5 games ahead of Driaz who managed to pull closer still. Driaz beat Milk 7-3. Smitty is still kind of in the race at 7 games back, but he is unlikely to hurdle both teams, even with a huge win.

Micro faces Milk in the season's final week, while Driaz plays last place Foot. Since Micro clearly has the more difficult matchup here, Driaz has a good opportunity to make up the difference. Driaz also owns the tie-breaker on the strength of a 7-3 victory over Micro way back in April.

Playoff Race

Micro, Driaz, Smitty, and OBX have all officially clinched spots. Milk is 9 games ahead of Molsan and JD is 8 games up. No other team is close enough to have a chance. Molsan will need a 10-0 victory over Brock and hope that either JD or Milk suffer huge losses. Neither scenario is likely.

Good luck to all in the season's final week!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice job T! Good luck Gordon, I mean Chef! Been a fun year and I want to thank you guys again for being patient for me to learn this shit. Said it 100 times before and I'll say it again. Baseball is hard as hell! Now it's time for the 3 game sweep of Chef!

Well, you are holding your own against a pretty formidable group, so I would say you are doing quite well for yourself.

Now, one of you guys needs to figure out how to get a 10-0 win and make the race for the final playoff spot more interesting.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great as always, Tlance! Good luck this week, Sammy! I seriously hope either one of us pulls a 10-0. And I've got a feeling your learning curve is over for next year...;)