• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL Official Thread

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I'm sitting here trying to think of some positives so far this year and actually I can come up with a few.

1. Team isn't perfect by any means, but I have a much better team than last year IMO.
2. Doing a better job (well, until all my hitters got hurt and had to be dropped) of trying to play matchups against my opponents weaknesses (I actually picked up a RP to play against DUB this week but pussed out as it was a shitty RP I picked up)
3. Finally, at least Chef, Paul and TKO must think my drafting skills improved over the course of one year as they all 3 have more of my original players than I do (well, Chef probably traded them by now, but he'll trade for them back later on).
Thanks guys!

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya know that feeling when you try and trade for a guy, get declined..a couple weeks go by, that team drops said player..you lose out on the claim, and two days later, the team that claimed said player, drops him again? Maybe the third time is the charm in trying to get "said player"?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Torii Fucking Hunter.

That's it, I'm done. Time to work on football. Dub and Fip, I join your ranks.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I'm sitting here trying to think of some positives so far this year and actually I can come up with a few.

1. Team isn't perfect by any means, but I have a much better team than last year IMO.
2. Doing a better job (well, until all my hitters got hurt and had to be dropped) of trying to play matchups against my opponents weaknesses (I actually picked up a RP to play against DUB this week but pussed out as it was a shitty RP I picked up)
3. Finally, at least Chef, Paul and TKO must think my drafting skills improved over the course of one year as they all 3 have more of my original players than I do (well, Chef probably traded them by now, but he'll trade for them back later on).
Thanks guys!

You have definitely improved. Fantasy baseball can be very cruel sometimes though. The results are not always indicative of the effort.

DUB

Once A Champ, Always A Champ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very funny SamBoy, very funny! :suds:

Chef, new catcher is in. He's a Indian...

Any pointers for today's golf outing with the stat chat .com team? Today is our monthly team bonding or should I say team ball in the woods finding time! Well, we aren't that bad I'm a 90's play that gets that oh great shot moment and of course that could be followed up by a oh shit moment shot!

Welcome to Friday Fellas!!!!

-DUB-

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep checking the score, and I've yet to pass 1. Thought you losing EE might hurt you on power a little. Guess not. And here I am relying on Wong for power!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep checking the score, and I've yet to pass 1. Thought you losing EE might hurt you on power a little. Guess not. And here I am relying on Wong for power!

At least we are still tied in saves. :suds:

Seriously though, I don't know what has gotten into my pitchers with all the Ks. Crazy.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys,

Check the new commissioner message for an update on scoring for next week. Let me know if you have any questions.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we have to set our lineups on Monday? Is there a way to override that? I have a hard time believing Teheran and Minor won't be pitching in the first series out of the break. Also don't trust Rubby to be one of the Sox first three out of the break.

Otherwise, the scoring for the week sounds good to me.

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys,
Check the new commissioner message for an update on scoring for next week. Let me know if you have any questions.

You know my pitching staff. My top 4 should be going, my 2 P slots are usually filled with a 3rd closer & Betances. I have 2 other pitchers I picked up just to have but they have never touched my active lineup.
My question is, if one or both of them are slated to go, and if one of my top 4 are not scheduled to go that weekend, am I going to be penalized for putting Wade Davis in one of those SP slots ahead of one of those 2 bench pitchers? I've run with only 3 starting pitchers & 5 relief pitchers a few times without a problem, but doing this would go against your rule.:noidea:

Also, If a guy pitches on Friday, shouldn't teams get extra credit since if this was a normal week, that guy would be going twice?

Last edited by a moderator:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we have to set our lineups on Monday? Is there a way to override that? I have a hard time believing Teheran and Minor won't be pitching in the first series out of the break. Also don't trust Rubby to be one of the Sox first three out of the break.

Otherwise, the scoring for the week sounds good to me.

Lineups don't lock until 5 minutes before the first game of the period starts, so you will not have to make any decisions on Monday.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know my pitching staff. My top 4 should be going, my 2 P slots are usually filled with a 3rd closer & Betances. I have 2 other pitchers I picked up just to have but they have never touched my active lineup.
My question is, if one or both of them are slated to go, and if one of my top 4 are not scheduled to go that weekend, am I going to be penalized for putting Wade Davis in one of those SP slots ahead of one of those 2 bench pitchers? I've run with only 3 starting pitchers & 5 relief pitchers a few times without a problem, but doing this would go against your rule.:noidea:

Also, If a guy pitches on Friday, shouldn't teams get extra credit since if this was a normal week, that guy would be going twice?

LOL. No extra credit, but you will not be penalized for using Wade Davis. Since Kershaw and Waino are CG machines, you probably only need 3 starts to get to the limit anyway.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Jim, I pulled an offer, as I realized I should wait on the first offer I put out. (RAM)

And just as a reminder, Wright or Donaldson are on the block for an OF.

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Jim, I pulled an offer, as I realized I should wait on the first offer I put out. (RAM)

And just as a reminder, Wright or Donaldson are on the block for an OF.

I was just checking on Wrights shoulder status and was about to hit accept, but it wasn't there:doh:.
And I'm heading out for a while so if you resubmit it, I won't see it until later.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On second thought, getting the other guy might benefit me more in the long run... it's back up. :)