• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL Official Thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sammy, I'm a little confused - didn't realize we were in a competition for highest ERA and WHIP. :gaah:

That's nothing. I got you both crushed.

7.71 ERA so far. Beat that!

By the way, Chef, I saw your offer and my first thought was that it was not really an offer that helped me. Then, I thought about it a little and couldn't really see a reason not to do it, so I impulsively accepted.

I hope the change of scenery helps Hill get it going!

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's nothing. I got you both crushed.

7.71 ERA so far. Beat that!

By the way, Chef, I saw your offer and my first thought was that it was not really an offer that helped me. Then, I thought about it a little and couldn't really see a reason not to do it, so I impulsively accepted.

I hope the change of scenery helps Hill get it going!

Pleasure doing business with you, although it's a little dangerous dealing with The Boss.

I'm curious, have you received a lot of trade offers this year?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pleasure doing business with you, although it's a little dangerous dealing with The Boss.

I'm curious, have you received a lot of trade offers this year?

Not really, and I have not really pursued many deals either. I would say that the number of offers I have received is less than the number of deals you and Paul have consummated. I can't even fathom how many offers go back and forth between you two each day. :scratch:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, just in time to play me. Hooo Fuckin Ray :doh:

I am not sure if Hill will be active, or just watching from the bench. It may depend on the outlook for my super utility guy, Josh Harrison. I love him by the way.

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I send about 5 trade offers every single day between my 5 leagues. Sundays I send none, but otherwise I couldn't tell you the last day I haven't offered somebody something. Ha.
I usually try to really consider the other side, so it's a fair bit of effort involved too. As for the Grand Salamis, it's tough to deal with any top team in redraft leagues... certainly here, when my players are mostly gut calls and I likely value them more as speculative calls, whereas a top team would want them in a bench role.

Chef is a trade freak like me. A lot of fun, and I don't think we've really hit any snags all year... a few took a little extra back and forth but I think we've sealed the deal every time. I think we share the same desperation haha (mine is a little greater)

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really, and I have not really pursued many deals either. I would say that the number of offers I have received is less than the number of deals you and Paul have consummated. I can't even fathom how many offers go back and forth between you two each day. :scratch:

I think Paul and I may be at an impasse. We've got no one left to trade to each other. :lol:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also checked out Yahoo...some of the pitchers dropped for Heaney: Beckett, Niese, Estrada. One commenter was asking whether he should drop Kennedy or Keuchel for him.

Heaney Mania is here!

Once again, please forgive me for quoting myself, but I'm curious as to what you guys think. Would you drop any of these pitchers for him before he's ever thrown his first big league pitch? The only one I think I would consider is Estrada, because he's been so godawful. Some people are saying Beckett is due for regression, but he's still pitching pretty damn well. Poor Niese can't get a win to save his life, but for the most part, he's been lights-out.

Paul, I'd especially like to hear what you have to say. I am slightly stunned that you dropped Stroman. Was it a case of just wanting him for the two starts, or is it one too many rookie pitchers in the lineup? :scratch:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, please forgive me for quoting myself, but I'm curious as to what you guys think. Would you drop any of these pitchers for him before he's ever thrown his first big league pitch? The only one I think I would consider is Estrada, because he's been so godawful. Some people are saying Beckett is due for regression, but he's still pitching pretty damn well. Poor Niese can't get a win to save his life, but for the most part, he's been lights-out.

Paul, I'd especially like to hear what you have to say. I am slightly stunned that you dropped Stroman. Was it a case of just wanting him for the two starts, or is it one too many rookie pitchers in the lineup? :scratch:

Yeah. Estrada is the only one of that group I would drop for Heaney. Mentioning Keuchel as a possibility is just dumb.

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Estrada is the only one of that group I would drop for Heaney. Mentioning Keuchel as a possibility is just dumb.

I agree with this.
However, it wouldn't surprise me a whole lot if Heaney out-produced some/most of those other arms. Dropping them for that risk is another thing altogether though.

As far as Stroman... I'm definitely still a fan. I think Heaney is a better prospect and in a better situation to put up numbers this year. I just simply have too many arms now and really need to get lucky with a big bat. When you're near the bottom, you have to take chances :) Taveras/Bryant are useless for now, but I can hold them for the week just in case someone gets hurt. ....ahhh, desperate times.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had Taijuan Walker all ready to pick up and cancelled it last night. I put the odds at 50-50 that he's either a stud or his arm falls off. ;)

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sammy, I'm a little confused - didn't realize we were in a competition for highest ERA and WHIP. :gaah:

Lol.............so far my best arms this week are Zimm, Smyly and Grilli! The rest have all been playing for you!

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol.............so far my best arms this week are Zimm, Smyly and Grilli! The rest have all been playing for you!

Grillii is playing for you? Ha! I knew that sonuvabitch was a traitor!

Can't buy a hit, can't buy a win, can't buy a save....

Mommy! :bawling::bawling::bawling:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gavin Floyd done...who will the Braves call up?

Who?

Who??

Who???

Yeah, we know who...:rollseyes:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, are the Yankees just going through the motions? Meyer's last year, seems to be Ichiro's as well, or do they really like the potential of nothing but singles?

As you may have guessed I just traded Rasmussen for Soprano in hopes they soon just leave Fonzy in the lineup and let him get "hot".

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That should be Jeter's last year, not Meyer... fucking phones

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol ...and Rasmus for Soriano

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grillii is playing for you? Ha! I knew that sonuvabitch was a traitor!

Can't buy a hit, can't buy a win, can't buy a save....

Mommy! :bawling::bawling::bawling:

ANyway, good luck this weekend Chef..........................should be a close finish in almost all cats.