• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL Guillotine

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So wait. I'm confused.
I thought worst team for the WEEK was axed?
Bonus points seem to indicate that worst team based on CUMULATIVE points is axed.
Which is it?

Bonus points were the only thing total season points were used for. The team getting axed was the worst score that period.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if you win the week, you would get 20? Instead of 17?

Last gets 1 and is executed for crimes against fantasy football?

No if there are 10 teams left at that point the bonuses would be:
1st 27
2nd 24
3rd 21
4th 18
5th 15
6th 12
7th 9
8th 6
9th 3
10th 0

The bonuses only counted towards that period and did not count towards your total points.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No if there are 10 teams left at that point the bonuses would be:
1st 27
2nd 24
3rd 21
4th 18
5th 15
6th 12
7th 9
8th 6
9th 3
10th 0

The bonuses only counted towards that period and did not count towards your total points.

Just tossing my 2 cents in here, this heavily penalizes a team for not starting the season hot, which isn't that abnormal in fantasy if your studs have tough match ups before their schedule opens up after the first few weeks. With the increased participation in the league now, my vote would be to get rid of bonus pts

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still need people?

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have set a start draft date as Sunday August 11th ay 6 AM EDT. 24 hours per pick.

Also most of y'all stated no bonus points this year, so less work for me. Right now we have 17 teams with @Jkaylor up in the air and @wilwhite I need to get an email so I can send out an invite. If I missed anyone that wanted in I apologize for my mistakes.

@Jkaylor if you are in great, if not send me a PM with your email and I will send out an invite.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn’t make any sense.

One bad day in the NFL playoffs and you are gone. Doesn’t matter the seeding. Why should you get protection for the entire year just bc you win games?

I am all for a weekly bonus but stacking up bonus points over the year seems pointless if the point of the league is having one bad week and you are gone.

cmon man.

One bad day in the playoffs?

The players at least have a say in that. It is their bad performance.

We are betting on the performance of others with zero control.

Removing randomness is a good thing.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Spotting a team over 20pts before the games have kicked off....how does that remove randomness?

Seems like a very random way to give the team with better past performance an edge that isn't deserved in a game of weekly H2H matchups. Part of the game is projecting future performance, not scoring extra pts based on previous weeks.

This is still the pro sports league of "any given Sunday" where a Zach Wilson led Jets team can beat the Bills and the Eagles unexpectedly. The better team on paper shouldn't be given any extra advantages.

Those teams at the bottom are in hell, gentlemen, believe me. And they can stay there, get the shit kicked out of them by bonus points, or they can fight their way back into the light. They can climb out of hell, one inch at a time, or we can give bonus points to the team with the better record.

Those teams at the bottom, they fight for that inch. On those teams, they tear themselves and everyone else around them to pieces for that inch. They claw with their fingernails for that inch because they know when they add up all those inches, that’s going to make the fucking difference between winning and losing, between living and dying.

Let's not kill those teams by giving a free ride to the teams that happened to win an extra game or two early in the season.

al pacino GIF

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cmon man.

Those extra points add up and it makes very unlikely to beat someone with a huge bonus. Why should you get rewarded every week for wins 4, 5 weeks ago, etc. The weekly bonuses make sense but when you add both bonuses it gets a little cheesy

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don’t know him. I was curious

cmon man.

Removing randomness is not a good thing if you are changing the integrity of the league.
The purpose of guillotine league is who does not have the worst week.

Any time someone with the worst week survives because bonuses, then we failed.

I understand in the past we had arbitrarily longer periods. That was random enough to allow for some bonuses. But if it is a full league. No way should there be bonuses

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also. The guillotine league is an interesting league where standings don’t matter. Who has the best team does not matter. All that matters is that you are consistently not the worst team.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spotting a team over 20pts before the games have kicked off....how does that remove randomness?

Seems like a very random way to give the team with better past performance an edge that isn't deserved in a game of weekly H2H matchups. Part of the game is projecting future performance, not scoring extra pts based on previous weeks.

This is still the pro sports league of "any given Sunday" where a Zach Wilson led Jets team can beat the Bills and the Eagles unexpectedly. The better team on paper shouldn't be given any extra advantages.

Those teams at the bottom are in hell, gentlemen, believe me. And they can stay there, get the shit kicked out of them by bonus points, or they can fight their way back into the light. They can climb out of hell, one inch at a time, or we can give bonus points to the team with the better record.

Those teams at the bottom, they fight for that inch. On those teams, they tear themselves and everyone else around them to pieces for that inch. They claw with their fingernails for that inch because they know when they add up all those inches, that’s going to make the fucking difference between winning and losing, between living and dying.

Let's not kill those teams by giving a free ride to the teams that happened to win an extra game or two early in the season.

al pacino GIF

After week 1 it is random. And the odds of actually getting eliminated in a 17 team league are low.

After week 4 or 5?

The best teams tend to have the most points.

So yeah, the bonus insulates the top teams from 1 bad week.

That absolutely removes randomness and it is good thing.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After week 1 it is random. And the odds of actually getting eliminated in a 17 team league are low.

After week 4 or 5?

The best teams tend to have the most points.

So yeah, the bonus insulates the top teams from 1 bad week.

That absolutely removes randomness and it is good thing.
Being late to the discussion, I’m curious what it was.