• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL Guillotine

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wednesday watching the waivers here is a high point of the day, tick, tick......

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe went big on Dobbins. Monkey grabs Williams who plays the Panthers so he should have a big game. Was surprised to see $70 dollars spent on Hopkins as I would be scared to put him in the lineup. Tlance grabs a QB no surprise there. Down to Milk and Tlance as the remaining FAAB hoarders, lets knock them out.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tlance beat me on Chubb. We both bid $51-he must have won on waiver order.

I had a 55 bid in for chubb but I think I got my priority order mixed up and ended up with Franklin for 17. My fault for doing them last minute.

Really looking forward to having a couple money guillotine leagues next year

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a 55 bid in for chubb but I think I got my priority order mixed up and ended up with Franklin for 17. My fault for doing them last minute.

Really looking forward to having a couple money guillotine leagues next year

Yeah, I did that last week with Kelce.

Seems as though priority really does matter.

There was speculation that it didn’t a couple weeks ago. Seems like we were all similarly valuing Chubb.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milk had a winning bid grabbing Hopkins for $70 to replace Evans who is injured.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the looks of it, i may have overbid for Dobbins?
Tyrone was available? Rats.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe went big on Dobbins. Monkey grabs Williams who plays the Panthers so he should have a big game. Was surprised to see $70 dollars spent on Hopkins as I would be scared to put him in the lineup. Tlance grabs a QB no surprise there. Down to Milk and Tlance as the remaining FAAB hoarders, lets knock them out.

I’ll admit 70 was way too high. Could have probably gotten him for less than 40. If not significantly less.

But I had the money to spend. And if I am correct about him he will help me.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too much $$ ??

I figure Hubbard's days are numbered. Didnt have much beyond him RB-wise on my roster.

this is always an interesting debate, its same thing with Chubb... i have a hard time thinking that a team who wont win 5 games this season will use their best piece for the future like a workhorse... i mean, what do they gain??

and for the panthers, Hubbard has been playing like a RB1... so i doubt his days are numbered... they will more likely just become more creative in the run game...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is always an interesting debate, its same thing with Chubb... i have a hard time thinking that a team who wont win 5 games this season will use their best piece for the future like a workhorse... i mean, what do they gain??

and for the panthers, Hubbard has been playing like a RB1... so i doubt his days are numbered... they will more likely just become more creative in the run game...

Well…

I think the current staff is probably more concerned about keeping their jobs then they are about Chubb long term.

And Chubb might be enough of an upgrade to help them keep it.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well…

I think the current staff is probably more concerned about keeping their jobs then they are about Chubb long term.

And Chubb might be enough of an upgrade to help them keep it.

They are 1-6 on their way to get the first pick in the draft and they need a qb. What do they have to gain??

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are 1-6 on their way to get the first pick in the draft and they need a qb. What do they have to gain??

Coaches and GMs aren’t incentivized to tank.

The organization is best served by tanking.

The coach and GM both get fired if the team underachieves.

So they probably don’t care so much about the #1 pick as they do about their jobs and coaching future.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaches and GMs aren’t incentivized to tank.

The organization is best served by tanking.

The coach and GM both get fired if the team underachieves.

So they probably don’t care so much about the #1 pick as they do about their jobs and coaching future.

i agree... but my point was about Chubb and Brooks coming back from major injury... if it is best for the player, and the franchise, then there will be more pressure put on the coaches and GM to follow suit...

now the difference between Chubb and Brooks is that Chubb is the RB1 because of his past successes and you dont lose a job because of injuries, especially when there is nobody else that deserves the spot...

Hubbard has been good enough to hold off Brooks, and brooks hasnt yet done anything to be considered the RB 1...

so i would definitely agree that Chubb will get more touches than Brooks when he comes back for carolina...

but even though there may not be any incentive to tank, i think these coaches know that Chubb and brooks are not going to be their saviors as they are too behind in the standings already... so keeping them healthy might be just as important for them to keep their jobs for the future...

I mean, if Chubb or Brooks goes down who do you think will be blamed for that?? and being the brightest parts of the future, you dont want them to go down... not for any reason...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too much $$ ??

I figure Hubbard's days are numbered. Didnt have much beyond him RB-wise on my roster.
Adding to the RB corp is a no brainer for nearly every team. Did you over pay? Well we are not allowed that information, something to do with strategy supposedly or maybe it avoids embarrassment, I'm don't actually get the reluctance for information.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
~~~ Booowaaahhhh... I've been talking to Art Modell and he said you also have to get butts in the seats... Oooohwohhh ... Adieu, adieu, adieu. Remember me... ~~~