• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL Guillotine

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, so it will, say, process my $1 third-priority claim before my $2 fourth-priority claim.

My question then is this - suppose somebody bid $1 for my fourth-priority claim, as their first priority? I'm assuming that transaction is cached, because neither of us should win it yet, pending the result of my third-priority claim.

(My hypothetical is circular, though. Joe's second claim applies if his first claim fails, but his first claim only fails because of my second claim, which only applies if my first claim fails, which only fails if his second claim applies. Loop. Curious how it handles a loop.)

Yeah, not sure about that.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Fantrax smart enough to account for the priorities, or might it look at Player X first and give him to Joe because he outbid me?
The higher bid wins.
The priority only matters if you bid the same amount.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assume yes.

because it is a computer... i bet that it starts off processing with the highest bid player... so that player gets processed first, and so on...

if i am right, then your hypothetical would never be taken into account... as the priority is not on the bidder but the player that is bid on...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because it is a computer... i bet that it starts off processing with the highest bid player... so that player gets processed first, and so on...

if i am right, then your hypothetical would never be taken into account... as the priority is not on the bidder but the player that is bid on...

I actually think it is the opposite.

Not a loop at all.

Because each person would get their top priority in this case based on the scenario wil posted.

And in that instance, the second priority, which in this case is the higher bid, would be invalidated.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think it is the opposite.

Not a loop at all.

Because each person would get their top priority in this case based on the scenario wil posted.

And in that instance, the second priority, which in this case is the higher bid, would be invalidated.

truth is, WIl's hypothetical is so outrageous i dont see it ever being a factor... but i do wonder how the computer would do it...

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot where to find it but Fantrax does list all the bids for a player after waivers process. HIGHEST BID WINS.

The waiver priority each owner sets individually is inconsequential unless you are trying to acquire a player without a drop and do NOT have the bench space.

(i've been using faab for years.)

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot where to find it but Fantrax does list all the bids for a player after waivers process. HIGHEST BID WINS.

The waiver priority each owner sets individually is inconsequential unless you are trying to acquire a player without a drop and do NOT have the bench space.

(i've been using faab for years.)

The only one I have ever seen is the winner being listed. I will have to look to see if all are listed.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Transaction History will let you see the winning bids.
My post was incomplete.... thought Harold posted a list of bids for one player that everyone was after ....

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In post 2789 it says I just have to turn it on for all to see. Maybe a rule change for next year.

No, I hate that honestly

Add to the intrigue.

And if I bid $100 for a player I could have had for $5 I don’t want to know that.