• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL Guillotine

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll end up with Cousins, he had a whole thread about targeting him in a guillotine league, I just didn't realize it was this one
Cousins will be a good pick. I was between him and Herbert. I waited on round too long for Richardson. Now I am hoping Herbert overcomes his mediocre receivers.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was surprised to see Stafford and Mayfield go (they would have been my coin toss if Cousins was taken). More surprsied to see Caleb Williams available. He was the 11th QB taken in the other Guillotine. (But it was with meatball Bears fans so there's that.)

There was too good of value falling at QB in this draft for me to take on the unknown variable with Caleb. Think that unknown part played a role in vets like Stafford and Baker getting drafted for week 1 as well

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems a few were targeting "the unknown variable" with Daniels. He went 9th.

I did want Daniels, but I also thought I could get him a bit later than when he was taken.

I am good with Richardson

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems a few were targeting "the unknown variable" with Daniels. He went 9th.
His ability to bust huge running plays should translate well in the pro's and make him a FF asset worth having. Think of how Lamar Jackson and Fields did for FF owners. If he can actually hit on passing plays then watch out. IMO there is a unknown factor with Cousins seeing he's coming off a major injury at a advanced age (for football), new team which just hired a new HC, OC. A team that most feel under produced offensively and for FF were disappointing all the way around. So a lot of unknown variables with Cousins.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His ability to bust huge running plays should translate well in the pro's and make him a FF asset worth having. Think of how Lamar Jackson and Fields did for FF owners. If he can actually hit on passing plays then watch out. IMO there is a unknown factor with Cousins seeing he's coming off a major injury at a advanced age (for football), new team which just hired a new HC, OC. A team that most feel under produced offensively and for FF were disappointing all the way around. So a lot of unknown variables with Cousins.

I think Cousins continually gets overlooked.

Yes, he is coming off a major injury. But he is a ball out pocket passer anyway. Should only impact him if he can’t move enough to evade the rush.

So many weapons in Atlanta, I think solid chance Cousins has a top 12 season. Atlanta underproduced because they had a moron for a coach who basically ignored his best offensive players.

Is there risk?

Of course. But I think his upside is a lot more.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not knocking the Daniels pick. Despite my feelings on rookies, I have him in D2 and hope he does well. But he and Caleb were top QB prospects, so i find it interesting that 1 was drafted here and not the other.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO there is a unknown factor with Cousins seeing he's coming off a major injury at a advanced age
From FantasyPros 8/18:
The veteran has been productive for fantasy players despite averaging only 6.4 rushing yards per game in his career. Cousins has consistently been a low-end QB1 since becoming a full-time starter in 2015. While he is coming off a torn Achilles, Cousins avoided the Physically Unable to Perform list and will be 100% healthy for Week 1. The veteran has an outstanding receiving core in Drake London, Kyle Pitts, Darnell Mooney and Bijan Robinson. Furthermore, he plays most of his games indoors and against suspect defenses this year.

He will be 36.
From eaglesnut who found an article on QB still playing from ages 35 and up:

"from the 1970 merger on... there is a mountain of circumstantial evidence that paints a pretty straightforward picture of what the 37- and 35-year old QBs will be doing. Look for both to have big seasons."

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not knocking the Daniels pick. Despite my feelings on rookies, I have him in D2 and hope he does well. But he and Caleb were top QB prospects, so i find it interesting that 1 was drafted here and not the other.

I thought for sure Caleb would be drafted.

Still might I guess? You have the power Joe!

Personally, I would take Daniels over Caleb in dynasty. That one could go either way.

But I think it is a mistake to draft Caleb over Daniels in a year long league. Daniels just has the higher floor and probably ceiling too.

For this season.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have the power Joe!
Caleb vs Titans opening day is a good one. Where as Cousins vs Dolphins not so much.
Cant trust rookies tho. At least, i cant.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caleb vs Titans opening day is a good one. Where as Cousins vs Dolphins not so much.
Cant trust rookies tho. At least, i cant.

Titans bought an entirely new secondary this off season, not sure they'll still be a run stuffing/pass funnel defense this year

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do people stop paying attention toward the end of these drafts.

Annoying.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else not able to log on to Fantrax right now?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else not able to log on to Fantrax right now?

Good to know it wasn’t just me. I’m on my phone so I thought it was just me. And I am not considerate enough to come on and say I ain’t picking.