• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL dynasty main page

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
daily just needs a limit per week on transactions otherwise some just get new pitchers everyday

my home league is the best of both worlds, I think.
Weekly lineups. Saturday-Friday. Waivers lock after first pitch on Saturday. First waiver run is Mon/Tues, giving time for the busy bodies. Waivers repeats each night, until Saturday morning free for all before first pitch.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my home league is the best of both worlds, I think.
Weekly lineups. Saturday-Friday. Waivers lock after first pitch on Saturday. First waiver run is Mon/Tues, giving time for the busy bodies. Waivers repeats each night, until Saturday morning free for all before first pitch.

The big money league i jumped in (the NFC) is basically mon to thur and fri to sun

So you get two "games" in a week. That i can do. Its basically series to series

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big money league i jumped in (the NFC) is basically mon to thur and fri to sun

in H2H points I don't think the number of matchups per week matter... But in H2H categories, I don't like facing more than one team ever... I mean, you can set up your roster strategically to beat your opponent... that loses all power if you have multiple opponents... JMO

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the reason I like Sat-Fri is because of the mlb schedule.
Saturday always has day games and every team is usually playing.
Friday also usually has every team playing with multiple teams going late at night.

I find going out in the Sunday night game limits suspense to the two teams and a handful of players. And Mondays can be nasty for a lot of people to set lineups.

I’ve always wondered why Mondays were default start on every site, I don’t get it.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in H2H points I don't think the number of matchups per week matter... But in H2H categories, I don't like facing more than one team ever... I mean, you can set up your roster strategically to beat your opponent... that loses all power if you have multiple opponents... JMO

but you also like to promote balance... you really do keep yourself on your toes

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the reason I like Sat-Fri is because of the mlb schedule.
Saturday always has day games and every team is usually playing.
Friday also usually has every team playing with multiple teams going late at night.

I find going out in the Sunday night game limits suspense to the two teams and a handful of players. And Mondays can be nasty for a lot of people to set lineups.

I’ve always wondered why Mondays were default start on every site, I don’t get it.

I agree that Saturday to Friday is better... really anything is better than starting the week Monday... But questioning why it is the default is kind of silly... I think we all know why...

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but you also like to promote balance... you really do keep yourself on your toes

I promote balance in scoring... I can care less about schedule balance... HELL, im the commish of the suicide B league, I have never changed the schedule, despite ESPN sucking at making schedules...

I have always been of the mind that if you are a good team you will more likely than not have a good record... "Luck" generally balances out in time...

Also, the more UNBALANCED the schedule is the better IMO... because it kind of does a good job choosing the best team in each cluster...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I promote balance in scoring... I can care less about schedule balance... HELL, im the commish of the suicide B league, I have never changed the schedule, despite ESPN sucking at making schedules...

I have always been of the mind that if you are a good team you will more likely than not have a good record... "Luck" generally balances out in time...

Also, the more UNBALANCED the schedule is the better IMO... because it kind of does a good job choosing the best team in each cluster...

I meant roster balance.

but I agree. For the most part, good players are good players.

I’m sure the hit rate for “2-start pitcher” waivers is less than 50% over the years.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the matchup and my Catcher and SB slots are shown as empty, but the points seem to be there. Just wondering what's up with that. @TKOSpikes , looks like we're having a pretty good match so far.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the matchup and my Catcher and SB slots are shown as empty, but the points seem to be there. Just wondering what's up with that. @TKOSpikes , looks like we're having a pretty good match so far.

the matchup only shows today’s stats. So that’s players only playing today. Pretty sure you can change that Haven’t played around yet.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just started year 21 in my home league. Points. K’s have always been -1.

I have never seen the minus for ab, but am interested how it plays out.

And Strikeouts are not just an out. Otherwise, Hunter Renfroe and the like would be 5th round picks.
Ohh it’s definitely not just an out, it’s the worst way to go down. I wish there was a stat for “strikeout by looking”. I would give -1.5 for those.
Thinking about it more...I get it. And it isn’t a big deal in the grand scheme of things

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s what this first season was going to be all about...everyone give their thoughts/ideas. I dont know enough about if but -1 per SO kinda seems like a bit extreme. It’s still just an out
Stupid comment. Not sure what I was doing here lol. I played baseball for 15 years...anything is better. A dribbler, a deep flyout....I will stay out of the rules discussion :pound:

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed. Which is why we can do a mid week change

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s what this first season was going to be all about...everyone give their thoughts/ideas. I dont know enough about if but -1 per SO kinda seems like a bit extreme. It’s still just an out
Hey, when the Indians win, you can passively complain, how’s that sound?

Deal?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stupid comment. Not sure what I was doing here lol. I played baseball for 15 years...anything is better. A dribbler, a deep flyout....I will stay out of the rules discussion :pound:
It was dumb.

You make 8/9ths of a team play more often, you’re bound to do better.

But you still can wait.

Hope my #3 starter gets shelled.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Which is why we can do a mid week change
Me, @obxyankeefan, my dad, my common law wife (my two backup owners...) we played in a league that turned itself into daily.

It’s actual work. She’s works harder than I do. Last season before I got the boot, she won.

Let’s not get to that point with this.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big fan of negs in baseball. You give up runs, hit into double plays and strikeout, that’s on you. Slow poke.

Not a fan of milk taking fucking forever on trades.

Those of you who think I don’t chime in negatively, hold your horses. Cuz I will.

You havent gone down this milkian road, and we haven’t gone down it together.

Let it be fun. Don’t be a whine-ass. Set your lineup, tank by selling, setting and losing. It’s okay to fine with losing, so long as you kinda try. Baseball is slow in the first place.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me, @obxyankeefan, my dad, my common law wife (my two backup owners...) we played in a league that turned itself into daily.

It’s actual work. She’s works harder than I do. Last season before I got the boot, she won.

Let’s not get to that point with this.

I dont like daily at all. Was talking about my money league being a mid week switch. Weekly is ideal imo