• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL dynasty main page

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean...i get that but a K is a total wipeout to a walk or a single. If a guy goes one for 3 with a K hes at negative points.

Whatever not a money league but thats a huge factor i dont know everyone knew. High strikeout guys are going to kill you if they dont hit homers. And even then they gotta hit quite a few to make up for it
its pitching that takes a big hit batters wont matter as much going to be a low scoring league

hayes 8 points reg 7.5 mbbl
rizzo 3 in both
fried 11 in regular 6.5 mbbl
woodruff 6 reg 0 mbbl

it makes streaming very risky

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its pitching that takes a big hit batters wont matter as much going to be a low scoring league

hayes 8 points reg 7.5 mbbl
rizzo 3 in both
fried 11 in regular 6.5 mbbl
woodruff 6 reg 0 mbbl

it makes streaming very risky

I do like discouraging streaming.

If everyone cool it is what it is its just a bit to adjust to

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do like discouraging streaming.

If everyone cool it is what it is its just a bit to adjust to
That’s what this first season was going to be all about...everyone give their thoughts/ideas. I dont know enough about if but -1 per SO kinda seems like a bit extreme. It’s still just an out

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s what this first season was going to be all about...everyone give their thoughts/ideas. I dont know enough about if but -1 per SO kinda seems like a bit extreme. It’s still just an out

Maybe it is too harsh... but the idea is that there are different types of hitters... and fantasy points leagues tend to focus too much on power hitters... its annoying to only need to draft who hits the most HRs...

When you value other types of hitters, whether they are contact hitters, increases the pool of players that will have value...

Also, i know for me, i like crediting players for a single talent they have, whether it is being a contact hitter, being a base stealer, or being an OBP machine, other than just being a HR hitter...

and it is not -1 for SO... its -.75, but its -.25 for all AT BATS(not plate appearances)

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it is too harsh... but the idea is that there are different types of hitters... and fantasy points leagues tend to focus too much on power hitters... its annoying to only need to draft who hits the most HRs...

When you value other types of hitters, whether they are contact hitters, increases the pool of players that will have value...

Also, i know for me, i like crediting players for a single talent they have, whether it is being a contact hitter, being a base stealer, or being an OBP machine, other than just being a HR hitter...

and it is not -1 for SO... its -.75, but its -.25 for all AT BATS(not plate appearances)
batting i think is fine its pitching that is wacked 10 points for a win is way too much

in regular scoring hernandez got 8.75

it rewards RPs who luck into a win

something to think about

1617387538919.png

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just started year 21 in my home league. Points. K’s have always been -1.

I have never seen the minus for ab, but am interested how it plays out.

And Strikeouts are not just an out. Otherwise, Hunter Renfroe and the like would be 5th round picks.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
batting i think is fine its pitching that is wacked 10 points for a win is way too much

something to think about

View attachment 268159

I wonder if that is part of the free leagues or not...

Is there an option for SP win/RP win, or is it just P win?

Would be easy fix if they separate them. (Too bad baseball just didn’t eliminate the win potential after the starters are relieved).

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just started year 21 in my home league. Points. K’s have always been -1.

I have never seen the minus for ab, but am interested how it plays out.

And Strikeouts are not just an out. Otherwise, Hunter Renfroe and the like would be 5th round picks.

That was my point though. I didn't see the rule lol

Did everyone know this lol

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

something to think about

View attachment 268159

it’s also why I don’t like the “p” roster spot.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was my point though. I didn't see the rule lol

Did everyone know this lol

rule #1 for drafts: check rules to know your scoring

But I think it was discussed (not so many chimed in)

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if that is part of the free leagues or not...

Is there an option for SP win/RP win, or is it just P win?

Would be easy fix if they separate them. (Too bad baseball just didn’t eliminate the win potential after the starters are relieved).

there is the option... But I got thrown off by it because not every Relief win is a Blown save/hold... I wanted to keep the win for the long relievers or primary starter of the game...

That's why I kept blown save in the scoring... We will see if this is a good scoring... we will change anything that is not working next season... hopefully we will actually know whats not working...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

something to think about

View attachment 268159
those scorings don't look correct... Can someone double check for me, if I need to write to Fantrax or not...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is the option... But I got thrown off by it because not every Relief win is a Blown save/hold... I wanted to keep the win for the long relievers or primary starter of the game...

That's why I kept blown save in the scoring... We will see if this is a good scoring... we will change anything that is not working next season... hopefully we will actually know whats not working...

well, to reiterate earlier conversations of min/max innings limits ... I would add this.

If you are not throwing the first pitch of the game to the top of the order, you should not be rostered in fantasy, unless you’re an actual Relief Pitcher. “Primary” starter is like putting Josh Allen at RB because he led the team in rushing yards. Not exactly, but you get my point. It’s the wildcat, adopted by few. Pitching the 2nd-6th inning is babysitting and shouldn’t be fantasy targets. (Ironically I do have Chris Archer this year)

Take out the “P”. Add one more RP. If the “primary” starter is wanted, he can be slotted in an RP roster spot.

:2cents:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like i said man... free league

It's whatever

Unless you sneak attack me with a daily league like others have.... sigh

it’s free, but hopefully serious.

Yeah...daily sucks. They need heavy waiver regulations.