• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL "B" Team opening, inquire within

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a question about "being thrown into oblivion". While that sounds great and all, why do we throw anyone into oblivion? I understand that two(or 4) move down from A and vice versa for B, but why do we need to replace anyone from B if they finish last and 2nd to last?

It seems A has a really tight locked core and B seems to be generating one as well. This seems like it could be a league full of guys for years on end. Why ruin that? What if a really good owner simply caught the injury bug one year? Or his team simply failed to meet expectations? Should that owner be kicked out even though he remains a solid owner?

I'm just trying to get a better understanding of why this "oblivion tossing" would have to take place. Help?

:agree:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what... I agree with micro too. If the goal is to "expand" and have spots available every year for newcomers, I think the chance at hitting more SFNL's increases.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Micro raises good questions. I was a little surprised when I first saw the oblivion thing...seemed like it kinda came out of the blue.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we could start a C league. I know for a bit it looked like it would be hard to fill the B league league, but at the end we had to reject some good choices and with the kffl addition to SportsHoopla the door for expansion is wide open.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the idea of a C league also.

For one thing I think the more the merrier. Im a newb to MBBRL's this year, but I gotta say Ive loved being a part of them. For another thing, we B leaguers are operating without a net, so to speak. For yet another and final, for now, thing, we have a couple months before the Suicide drafts, so rounding up interested parties still could be done.

What happened to SFNL? Is he alright? Anybody hear from him since he disappeared for The Hoop?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point was so that there was always a chance for new blood to join, and that there would always be a reason to keep in fighting for every point even if you were hopelessly out of contention. I personally agree with the policy, but don't feel as though it's a "must have".

As it pertains to SFNL.. The "oblivion" aspect wasn't like they would be shunned from the group forever, just that those two teams would have their spots opened up. They just as eligible as anyone else to get back into those 2 spots, it's just that they aren't guaranteed them, nor are they given "preferred" status when determining those two spots. So it's entirely possible those two teams could be right back in.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we could start a C league. I know for a bit it looked like it would be hard to fill the B league league, but at the end we had to reject some good choices and with the kffl addition to SportsHoopla the door for expansion is wide open.

but make it a 6- 8 team league so only the most active can win!!

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point was so that there was always a chance for new blood to join, and that there would always be a reason to keep in fighting for every point even if you were hopelessly out of contention. I personally agree with the policy, but don't feel as though it's a "must have".

As it pertains to SFNL.. The "oblivion" aspect wasn't like they would be shunned from the group forever, just that those two teams would have their spots opened up. They just as eligible as anyone else to get back into those 2 spots, it's just that they aren't guaranteed them, nor are they given "preferred" status when determining those two spots. So it's entirely possible those two teams could be right back in.

post-37094-Tom-Cruise-WHAT-gif-Oblivion-I-wDog.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'd be great if we could focus on just this one topic for the next day or so though, and revisit this topic tomorrow or whatever. As it stands, by my count we've got a dead heat between SoShady and Nos... luckily for us I don't think threes a wrong answer there. But would love to have it decided by the end of the day. . Anyone who doesn't feel comfortable sharing any opinion publicly is welcome to PM me.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Appreciate the info treff.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but make it a 6- 8 team league so only the most active can win!!

So...the top two of the C-League make it to the B, and the bottom two of the B get relegated to the C?

I kinda like that.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well that is good to know. I was starting to worry that if my team took a turn for the worst Id be left out in the cold, looking thru the window FOREVER. Getting tossed back in with masses is still scary, but it's good to know one and done doesn't necissarily mean done. It's just some added pressure, like you said, to keep scratching at the end for every point. Which is good.

I broke the baseball season into two seperate payouts for the same reason. No rest for the first half winner, and everyone got a clean slate in mid-July.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given the likely turnover, something tells me we probably don't have a lot to worry about with anyone currently involved

Now. .Nos or Shady?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As far as fighting for every point, I feel every member in both the A and B league do fight for every point and not because of "oblivion" rule. They do it because their into competing. As for judging new potential members, one never knows until they are given a chance. Frankly I think this forum is growing in popularity and a C league would be a great way to find out how good a member they are and the better ones could work their way up to the B league and maybe to the A league, while the tail end of the A and B leagues get demoted, there fore promoting fighting for every point while giving new blood a chance to get involved.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given the likely turnover, something tells me we probably don't have a lot to worry about with anyone currently involved

Now. .Nos or Shady?

What's the count at, and did you get my vote?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now. .Nos or Shady?

You should start a poll.