• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL B-League(Barbarians at the Gate)

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SFNL getting him as his #3 seems like best case scenario. Im not sure, but I think his auto picking was the lone RB, RB, RB.

Yeah, it was by ESPN's rankings. I'm with you guys on Gio, I was gun-shy on him as well, but in retrospect, I think I should've taken him. I'm actually not totally unhappy with my team, but I've got some work to do.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get where the dislike for Gio is coming from

"Giovani Bernard has played on every single first-team snap during the preseason so far.
Andy Dalton has handled 25 first-team reps through two games and Bernard has been right there with him for each one. That's meant passing downs, red-zone, short-yardage, and goal-line work (Bernard scored on a 1-yard run Saturday night). However, he's produced just 32 yards on his 10 carries, showing the same limited efficiency he did last season (4.08 YPC). We'll be interested to see if Hue Jackson mixes in BenJarvus Green-Ellis and/or Jeremy Hill (questionable, shoulder) in the revealing third preseason game. For now, projections of 300 touches and some goal-line work for Bernard seem very realistic."

Seems like he's doing just fine to me

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barbarians Draft

B_LEAGUE_DRAFT.jpg

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice work, Bandit!

I am dreading your report card.

That said, offers being sent!

Time waits for no man!

The early bird catches the worm!

Uh...help??? :rollseyes:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get where the dislike for Gio is coming from

"Giovani Bernard has played on every single first-team snap during the preseason so far.
Andy Dalton has handled 25 first-team reps through two games and Bernard has been right there with him for each one. That's meant passing downs, red-zone, short-yardage, and goal-line work (Bernard scored on a 1-yard run Saturday night). However, he's produced just 32 yards on his 10 carries, showing the same limited efficiency he did last season (4.08 YPC). We'll be interested to see if Hue Jackson mixes in BenJarvus Green-Ellis and/or Jeremy Hill (questionable, shoulder) in the revealing third preseason game. For now, projections of 300 touches and some goal-line work for Bernard seem very realistic."

Seems like he's doing just fine to me

No dislike, I was just hesitant to go with him as a second back. (I was also hesitant to take Reggie..... My lone homer pick.) where he went seemed the perfect situation to me. (He went three picks later in my Saturday draft) Stacy and Bush could have went after he did without question though.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have taken benard, but the first 3 rounds went the way I wanted... wasn't going to change strategy to get benard... Wish my strategy took into account the fact that I forgot the league format!!!

That was my biggest problem, I thought we started 3 WR and a flex... But we didn't...

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have taken benard, but the first 3 rounds went the way I wanted... wasn't going to change strategy to get benard... Wish my strategy took into account the fact that I forgot the league format!!!

That was my biggest problem, I thought we started 3 WR and a flex... But we didn't...

Funny you mention that, because I changed my strategy at the last minute...my first 3 rounds was going to be RB, WR, RB, but when I saw Jeffery still there, I switched.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny you mention that, because I changed my strategy at the last minute...my first 3 rounds was going to be RB, WR, RB, but when I saw Jeffery still there, I switched.

How can I switch though when Dez Bryant falls to me, then once I got Dez, I thought why not go all in and get an elite TE... Its the rest of my draft that I have a problem with...

But I would not have changed my first 3 rounds for anything...

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went RB-RB-RB-RB-WR-RB

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I posted the draft boards for both leagues on all 3 threads that they relate to. Some very interesting differences in the leagues.

Keeper of the Flame

QB's - 19 (0 in the first round and 5 in the first 6 rounds)
RB'S - 60 (31 in the first 5 rounds)
WR'S - 49 (21 in the first 5 rounds and only 2 total from TKO in the most interesting draft strategy I've ever seen)
TE'S - 16 (5 in the first 7 rounds)
DEF - 12 (with the Panthers being the 6th one taken, Seahawks went in round 9)
K - 12 (1st one went to Joe in the 12th)

Barbarians

QB's - 19 (2 in the first round and 7 in the first 6 rounds)
RB's - 54 (25 in the first 5 rounds)
WR'S - 56 (25 in the first 5 rounds)
TE's - 14 (5 in the first 7 rounds)
DEF - 13 (Seahawks in the 7th round)
K - 12 (1st one went to Micro in the 12th)

TKO (2) and Monkey (3) are the only ones with less than 4 wide receivers
TK is only one with two defenses
TKO 7 of the first 8 picks were running backs, no wonder it seemed like there was none left.
Eli Manning was drafted as a starting and only quarterback for a team in each league (TKO and Milk)
The Barbarians drafted 3 quarterbacks before the Keepers drafted their 1st.
17 of the first 28 picks were running backs in the Keepers draft.
Gio Bernard went 9th in the Keepers draft and was autopicked 31st in the Barbarians.
Bishop Sankey went 41st in Keepers draft and 64th in Barbarians
Ben Tate went 37th in Barbarians and 56th in Keepers which is really saying something considering how fast the running backs were flying off the board in our draft.
Sammy Watkins went 70th in Barbarians and 139th in Keepers
Cam Newton went 51st in Barbarians and 103rd as a backup quarterback in Keepers
Seahawks D went 101st in Keepers and 83rd in Barbarians

I will list the differences in the draft on a new comment because there are way more than I thought.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 21 differences in drafts

Players taken by the Keepers of the Flame not taken by the Barbarians:

QB's - Carson Palmer, Sam Bradford
RB's - Ahmad Bradshaw, Bryce Brown, Donald Brown, Dexter Mccluster, Jerick Mckinnon, Knile Davis, Legarrette Blount, Lance Dunbar, Latavius Murray, Roy Helu
WR's - Kenny Britt, Markus Wheaton
TE's - Charles Clay, Antonio Gates
DEF's - Bears, Ravens, Texans
K - Henery, Zuerlein

Players taken by the Barbarians not taken by the Keepers:

QB's - Andy Dalton, Josh McCown
RB's - C.J. Anderson, Dri Archer, Jeremy Hill, Jonathan Stewart
WR's - Brandon Lafell, Cecil Shorts, Danny Amendola, Doug Baldwin, Dwayne Bowe, Greg Jennings, Jarrett Boykin, Riley Cooper, Steve Smith
TE's - none
DEF's - Bills, Bucs, Saints, Steelers
K - Novak, Gould

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And so it begins...

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the deal for you Chef, Romo has possibly the best collection of weapons outside of Denver and GB, the former Lions cooridinator calling plays (we know how pass happy that's going to be), and a crap defense.. generally equates to great fantasy QB numbers. And the more we get into it, the less and less I like Jennings.. This Williams kid looks pretty good and is already a virtual lock to vulture most goaline situations. Great deal IMHO

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh I know... I am still waiting for an offer... But like last season, I don't think we match up well...

You never know. I actually love your Maclin pick, but I understand your situation.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I got three starting Rbs now, need some we help although I love Cruz n brown this year, Cruz gonna join100 catch club in new offense

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You never know. I actually love your Maclin pick, but I understand your situation.

For the bench, or you just like maclin...

I am high on maclin too, but he is too good to sit on my bench... So is keenan allen(who I prefer to trade)...

Oh and I also have Josh Gordon on the bench... Might want to make a deal for him before his sentence, it very well could raise his value(of course it could also make him a droppable player)...