• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL B-League(Barbarians at the Gate)

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This trade made me happy, because i face chef this week.... and now this week his team kind of sucks!!!

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Percy Harvin

Okay so at this point I am pretty sure Percy Harvin has set the record for amount of times traded before ever playing a snap in a season.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How am I being a homer here? Vereen helped make this go but it's not because he's a patriot.

JDM, we'll just have to see how this plays out. A QB with one high and one low ankle sprain isn't exactly a sure thing. Risks on both sides, with upside on both sides. And I think Vereen is gonna be very valuable down the stretch.

Here's the problem with trading a guy like Manning (or AD) in a redraft league: trying to figure out what the market will bear. Unless you get incredibly lucky, no one is going to ruin their team for one guy, especially in a sport where that guy could be injured in the blink of an eye. You figure out your strategy and take your chances. That's the way I see it, anyway.

Btw, D. Thomas and Marshall as your starting WRs with Harvin in the wings? Could be worse. :rollseyes:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Week 9!

Good luck, all you Barbarians! :suds:

Even you, Milk! :laugh3:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JDM, we'll just have to see how this plays out. A QB with one high and one low ankle sprain isn't exactly a sure thing. Risks on both sides, with upside on both sides. And I think Vereen is gonna be very valuable down the stretch.

Here's the problem with trading a guy like Manning (or AD) in a redraft league: trying to figure out what the market will bear. Unless you get incredibly lucky, no one is going to ruin their team for one guy, especially in a sport where that guy could be injured in the blink of an eye. You figure out your strategy and take your chances. That's the way I see it, anyway.

Btw, D. Thomas and Marshall as your starting WRs with Harvin in the wings? Could be worse. :rollseyes:

No, I absolutely agree. I just don't get how the trade makes me a homer.

Rolling with Brady? Peyton was the only piece that could get me any real depth.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't get how the trade makes me a homer.
Let me preface this by saying that I don't think it's always a bad thing to be a homer. But sometimes it can be.

There's a couple reasons this trade could be construed as homerish. First off, you just traded for Tom Brady. Now Brady COULD return to his old form, or he could stay the same average QB we've been seeing this year. Locker has just about as many fant pts as Brady, and Jake has missed two games. But I know you made the trade(imo) b/c of Brady's upside in what he MAY be able to do down the stretch.

The other reason is b/c you asked for Vareen instead of guys like TRich or Lacy. I personally would've askd for Lacy between the 3. What exactly has Vareen shown that he could be a vital piece of a fant team? Honestly. He had one decent game week 1. BB has used multiple backs this year and each has had some success. You also said there was no one else you had interest in. Really? Your choice of Vareen over a guy like Lacy seems to make it homerish.

And again, that's all well and good. I think having players from your favorite team makes fantasy sports a bit more enjoyable. And maybe Vareen does become THE guy in NE. I just think the fact that you had no interest in Lacy seems odd. I mean you're giving up the best player in Fant FB this year. I would personally want a better back than Vareen in return.

My :2cents:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richardson has always been overrated. He's never shown much of anything IMO.

I like Lacy but he's overvalued some by most IMO. I didn't think I could get lacy, Marshall, and someone else with the potential to start down the stretch back for manning. Maybe I should have tried, but his best two players for one (admittedly top of the line) stud? I didn't see a deal there.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me preface this by saying that I don't think it's always a bad thing to be a homer. But sometimes it can be.

There's a couple reasons this trade could be construed as homerish. First off, you just traded for Tom Brady. Now Brady COULD return to his old form, or he could stay the same average QB we've been seeing this year. Locker has just about as many fant pts as Brady, and Jake has missed two games. But I know you made the trade(imo) b/c of Brady's upside in what he MAY be able to do down the stretch.

The other reason is b/c you asked for Vareen instead of guys like TRich or Lacy. I personally would've askd for Lacy between the 3. What exactly has Vareen shown that he could be a vital piece of a fant team? Honestly. He had one decent game week 1. BB has used multiple backs this year and each has had some success. You also said there was no one else you had interest in. Really? Your choice of Vareen over a guy like Lacy seems to make it homerish.

And again, that's all well and good. I think having players from your favorite team makes fantasy sports a bit more enjoyable. And maybe Vareen does become THE guy in NE. I just think the fact that you had no interest in Lacy seems odd. I mean you're giving up the best player in Fant FB this year. I would personally want a better back than Vareen in return.

My :2cents:

as much as i am forced to agree with all of this
i will add im big on Vereen also he had one big game and he was hurt during that one big game
it is the only game he played..

im expecting big returns from him as he steps back into the line up..
i do not see any more Bolden Blount garbage just Ridley Vereen....

i to would have expected more for Manning
i wish i made an offer....

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blount keeps touches. Bolden doesn't.

I said the price wouldn't be exhorbitant and that before this Sunday would lower it a little. I looked at the rest of the league and didn't see many deals that would benefit both sides but still give me the upside to have a shot to be competitive.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I absolutely agree. I just don't get how the trade makes me a homer.

Rolling with Brady? Peyton was the only piece that could get me any real depth.

Nah, I wasn't commenting on the homer part, I was actually defending your making the trade...it just didn't come out sounding that way. I still think Vereen could be the most important part of the trade for you.

And as ya know, TRich I would have had no problem dealing...Lacy would have been a whole 'nother matter. I really like him, even if he is a Packer. :rollseyes:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know what you were saying, don't worry.

The rest of the post really was more at others, despite quoting you.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year it is if you're a Vikings fan. Then again, you don't have that burden to shoulder. :laugh3:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chef, lets just hope i dont beat you too much...lol... after trash talking probably means i will lose!!!

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...not lookin' good for the Boyz this week. :bawling:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, Zac Stacy...the other horrible trade I made! You're lookin' real good this week, Barilko! :clap:

Barilko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, Zac Stacy...the other horrible trade I made! You're lookin' real good this week, Barilko! :clap:

ya i was really looking to pick him up on waivers when i did,,i felt he was about to emerge
i was suprised that he was on roster

so i reacted as soon as i saw where he was

Thanks Chef....

its too bad i didnt do what i thought of doing this week
i was going too offer Foot S Jackson for Cj1k who knows hey may have said yes

Last edited by a moderator:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya i was really looking to pick him up on waivers when i did,,i felt he was about to emerge
i was suprised that he was on roster

so i reacted as soon as i saw where he was

Thanks Chef....

its too bad i didnt do what i thought of doing this week
i was going too offer Foot S Jackson for Cj1k who knows hey may have said yes

Dude, it just occurred to me...YOU are the Trade Master in this league. Dez, Graham, Stacy.

Of course, two of those trades were with me and part of one helped you get Graham. :laugh3:

Barilko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, it just occurred to me...YOU are the Trade Master in this league. Dez, Graham, Stacy.

Of course, two of those trades were with me and part of one helped you get Graham. :laugh3:

Thanks Chef..yet i learned today to always ask because the worst that can happen is they say no...