• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL B-League(Barbarians at the Gate)

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barbarians at the Gates - Week 2 Recap

"Holy Crap, it's only Week 2?"

giphy.gif

Monkey 93.9 - Smitty 80.7

Smitty gets off to a great start, proving that Matt's forte is running, but Carlos enters the witness protection program and Gronk doesn't even show up; the Eli/Sterling combo was a nice gamble but just didn't cut it; Sanders is wondering what fresh hell he is now trapped in. Monkey got good production from Miller and Ware, but the rest of the offense underwhelmed...except QB. Palmer's Power Station, Seahawk's D and the K spot rule the day. Monkey left some firepower on the bench with Latavius, Fuller and Tyrell Williams. Smitty did the same with Stafford and...Davante Parker, of all people. Go figure.

Shady 135.6 - Foot 128.8
Woo Hoo! Rivers and Carr make this a slugfest; The Monster that is David Johnson was Bruce Banner this week, but still ended up with very respectable points; in the end, it didn't matter with Decker, Olsen, Bount and the Texans D doing the Foot stomping. Foot got another nice performance from DWill , the Broncos D dominated, Snead and Dez scored good points...but in the end, Shady told Foot to get to steppin'. No major points left on the bench.

Barilko 129.5 - Trudem 85.4
You'd think if Bortles outscores Luck you've got a good thing goin', right? All About the Benjamins, Baby; Travis shows he is the winning lottery ticket while Jones did his best to keep up; Melvin kept the breakout going while Delanie wallked all over Detroit; Barilko also got a very nice performance from the Vikings' D. Trudem got outstanding point from the Cards' D, but after that it came apart; Freeman, Hill, Cobb, Baldwin and Allen all had dismal showings...even Mason Crosby couldn't be depended on in this one, and that was all she wrote, folks. To add insult to injury, Crowell and Diggs were having mini-breakouts of their own on the bench. Just one of those weeks for Trudem to forget about and move on. Barilko left nothing major out of the lineup.

Obx 118.4 - Micro 102.3
Cam showed Aaron who the new gun in town is, Kelvin made his case to be Cam's deputy, and Tevin showed that he is gonna be a real headache for Freeman owners...and that's where it stopped for Micro; Gurley was better than week 1 but still nothing approaching Gurley-like; Amari disappointed and Rawls disappeared. Obx got an average start from Rodgers, but then came the initials: CJ and EE. Double digits from them along with Evans, Fitz and Mathews. Hell, even Gano kicked in with 18! All in all, a very impressive showing from the Hurricanes, even with Kelce and the Pats D not contributing. Notable bench points were Coleman for Obx and (surprise!) Boldin for Micro.

Harold 74.0 - Bk 70.5
Not a lot to say here, just disappointing performances from so many players - Brees, Lacy, Hilton, Fleener and the injury to JStew were just devastating to Bk this week and DeAndre couldn't do it himself. Jordan Mathews turned in a walk-through (and rediscovered his dropsies), while Matt Jones ended up with a decent day on the bench; sometimes you just can't win in this game. Harold had bad performances as well, with Russell Wilson, Floyd, AJ Green and Jared Cook all underwhelming and with DMart going down with an injury. However, they say Defense wins championships and Harold got the better of this match with the Panthers D. Cousins was on the bench and outscored Wilson, but luckily for Harold it didn't matter.

Sammy 98.4 - Stomp 78.4
"AP? We don't need no stinkin' AP!"
Lol, apparently Sammy didn't need no Rashad Jennings or ARob in this one, either; Tyrod, Jordy, the Ravens D and Justin Tucker carry the day here with a little help from Edelman and Julius Thomas; Stomp gets a nice day from Big Ben, but his partner in crime AB takes the day off; Brandon Marshall has a nice game (and really deserves extra points for the beating he took), but Chapter 2 in the Chronicles of Riddick ends with a "meh" and the Jets D is still walking around wondering what the hell happened. And then there's The Other Sammy. Dunno how it's gonna turn out with him, but it certainly is worrisome. The Bills are talking about airing it out, but can he handle it? Stomp left no points of consequence on the bench, Sammy left some juicy ones from Gio, Demaryius and...Gore? Doh! Another couple of kickers scoring nice points...seems to be a lot of that lately.

Endnote:

"Hell with it, I'll run the damn ball!"

petestealbeams.gif

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still open for trades if anyone has anything cooking

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your team looks really balanced, you got lots of players that folks would covet, but what could they offer that you don't already have?

with the injuries flying around, thought there'd be some interest in landing 2 healthy startable players for 1, especially if a team if off to a slow start out of the gate

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My pick ems for this week.

Shady over Smitty. Shady line up looks ready for a big showing.

The Foot over Monkey. This should be very close and be decided Monday night.

Obx over Trudem. Obx balanced roster over whelms Trudem.

BK over Sportsboy. Another close one.

Harold over Stomp. Wilson plays better this week to provide the difference.

Bar over Micro. Gordan/McCoy out does Gurley/Coleman.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fantasy week is off to a great start lol. Fucking Osweiler is trash which had a huge impact on Hopkins

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fantasy week is off to a great start lol. Fucking Osweiler is trash which had a huge impact on Hopkins
I played Hopkins but didnt have high hopes. I knew BB would game plan to take him out. Ryan was all over him but its not interference if they dont call it. O'Brien flat out got out coached.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O'Brien flat out got out coached.

That's a bingo. Play calling was horrible and so was Osweiler. I can just imagine the thoughts: "Hmm, we're getting our asses kicked, the game is slipping away and we really need this 1st down...let's trick 'em and run a draw up the middle with Grimes! That'll show 'em!"

Embarrassing.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a bingo. Play calling was horrible and so was Osweiler. I can just imagine the thoughts: "Hmm, we're getting our asses kicked, the game is slipping away and we really need this 1st down...let's trick 'em and run a draw up the middle with Grimes! That'll show 'em!"

Embarrassing.
They ran that same tired ass draw four times last night on third and short and I dont think they got any of them.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They ran that same tired ass draw four times last night on third and short and I dont think they got any of them.

They didn't.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question fellas. Is Osweiller that much better than Siemian? No wonder Denver didn't mind losing him

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not defending Os at all here, but let's not act like he is the first young QB to go into Foxborough and be way over his head.

Like anyone who watched the game could see, O'Brien got outcoached. The slam on Brock is that he didn't just play poorly, but potentially exposed himself as a college QB that can't make adjustments at the next level, unless daddy coach tells him what to do. His decision making on the field was questionable, to put it as nicely as I possibly can.

Not throwing it in completely on the young fella, especially with the talent around him, but he probably is what everyone in the NFL world thought he was, besides the Texans - a good game manager that will never win it for you, but as long as you have a good plan laid out, he won't lose it for you either.

the 2 KR fumbles were probably the worst case for the game script, and O'Brien didn't know what to do after that.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not defending Os at all here, but let's not act like he is the first young QB to go into Foxborough and be way over his head.

Like anyone who watched the game could see, O'Brien got outcoached. The slam on Brock is that he didn't just play poorly, but potentially exposed himself as a college QB that can't make adjustments at the next level, unless daddy coach tells him what to do. His decision making on the field was questionable, to put it as nicely as I possibly can.

Not throwing it in completely on the young fella, especially with the talent around him, but he probably is what everyone in the NFL world thought he was, besides the Texans - a good game manager that will never win it for you, but as long as you have a good plan laid out, he won't lose it for you either.

the 2 KR fumbles were probably the worst case for the game script, and O'Brien didn't know what to do after that.
nice summation Monkey and has this broken down texan fan breathing again :suds:

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Booker/Tate or maybe Tate/Howard maybe even Tate/Henry to all B leaguers make your best offer for any of my listed combos for 1 decent player and your drop or i play without a TE today

hurry hurry step right up