• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL B-League(Barbarians at the Gate)

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can Blake Bortles go off like he did and ARob only catch one ball?
Hurns!?!

I missed most of the action yesterday. I'm just assuming. But I know I got 5 stinking points from the 3 WRs I started. :L. (Brees needed to hit Cooks more imo. And I don't know how Osweiler throws 51 times and Sanders gets -1.)

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hurns!?!

I missed most of the action yesterday. I'm just assuming. But I know I got 5 stinking points from the 3 WRs I started. :L. (Brees needed to hit Cooks more imo. And I don't know how Osweiler throws 51 times and Sanders gets -1.)
9 different Jags had a catch yesterday but only 3 of them had more than one. Julius Thomas with 5, Allen Hurns with 3 and Clay Harbor with 2. Robinson was only targeted 4 times so I guess Vontae Davis played well.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9 different Jags had a catch yesterday but only 3 of them had more than one. Julius Thomas with 5, Allen Hurns with 3 and Clay Harbor with 2. Robinson was only targeted 4 times so I guess Vontae Davis played well.
Wow.

That's kind of impressive out of Bortles.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of impressive that I just waived Bortles a few weeks ago, figuring I have Rodgers what do I need another QB on my bench for.:tsk:

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No worse than blowing it on C West then cutting him when he blows up. :thumb:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finished my breakdown record with some authority!!!

:whoo:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i said from pre-season hurns would be good, someone backed me, 1 person i forget who

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i said from pre-season hurns would be good, someone backed me, 1 person i forget who

he was on my watch list, with ARob coming off the broken foot, but I didn't think there'd be a chance in hell that he'd be the #13 WR in standard, and #19 in PPR.

I traded Jeremy Hill for Hurns, straight up in PPR work league, early in the season. Thought I sold low on Hill, but it turned out great for me. I'm in semis, guy with Hill didnt make playoffs. (3WR + Flex full PPR - WRs are way more valuable than RB3/4 types)

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 14 Recap

Playoffs, you're talking about playoffs? Alright our regular season is now officially done and in the Keepers, the more things change, the more they stay the same. With Fuzzy's win over Joe last week, he locked up the division title in the Athos division, but Joe was able to pull out enough breakdown games to stay ahead of Chef and hold on to the wild card spot. Tlance ended up winning the Porthos division by three games even though he lost to Chef. And in the Aramis division, Ram came through with a hard fought 89-69 victory over Milk to claim the division title. So that means the exact same four playoff teams from last year repeated this year with Tlance, Ram, Fuzzy, and Joe all making the playoffs for the 2nd straight year, which really is an impressive accomplishment with this group. The only difference being that last year Joe won the division and Fuzzy was the wild card and they swapped places this year. Tlance will play against Joe and Fuzzy will play against Ram. Overall, Fuzzy destroyed the points total and the breakdown records from last year, and the Keepers scored 16,009 points this year compared to 16,024 last year. Now that is some consistency. On the flip side of things, the Barbarians scored 507 less points this year (15,396 - 15,889) and for the season the Keepers ended up severely beating down the Barbarians by 613 points (16,009 - 15,396). Now that is an ass whooping.

On the Barbarians side of things last week Face won his game and the Visogoths division, locked up the #1 seed, the breakdown title, and the most points which means if he wins the Super Bowl, only one team will move up from the Barbarians. It was looking like nobody else that needed to win was going to until Monkey pulled out some Lamar Miller magic on Monday night to win by a point and win the Ostrogoths division since Cheesehead lost his game. Cheesehead did hold on to the wild card though because Smitty's team fell apart last week. And in the Huns division Steelers lost his game but won the division awhile ago. That means Face will match up against Cheesehead and Monkey will play Steelers this week. Face ended up a big step above everybody else in the Barbarians outscoring the next closest team (Cheesehead) by 159 points and winning the breakdown title by 15 games.

So with that being said, let me introduce you to your hard luck losers. Finishing 2nd in points and 2nd in breakdown and 3rd in the power rankings (which is really hard to do with a losing record) being rewarded with a 6-8 record is Bandit. Finishing 6th in points and 6th in breakdown and finishing with a 5-9 record is TKO. Finishing with the highest scoring week and doing everything he could but coming up just short of the playoffs is Chef. He can actually blame Bandit, because if the tiebreakers were left the way they were last year it would have gone to points instead of breakdown and Chef outscored Joe by 2, but I had to open my big mouth to get it changed to breakdown record this year. Sorry Chef I promise I didn't foresee this happening to you.

On the Barbarians side of things Smitty was the only real hard luck loser, but he was in it until the last week finishing 3rd in breakdown and tying for 5th in points, but the four playoff teams were the top 4 in the power rankings, which is how it should be.

In the MBBRL wide breakdown here is your top five:

Fuzzy 222-97-3 (division winner and #1 seed)
Face 216-100-6 (division winner and #1 seed)
Bandit 207-110-5 (Big fat loser with a 6-8 record)
Tlance 193-124-5 (division winner and #2 seed)
Joe 191-130-1 (wild card winner and #4 seed)

The Keepers had 83 more breakdown wins than the Barbarians. (And the ass kicking continues)

In points, there were 6 Keepers with over 1380 points and there was only one Barbarian with over 1350. In points against TKO won the title of worst fantasy defense giving up 1414 points with Bandit right behind him giving up 1410. On the flip side of things Monkey only gave up 1161 freaking points this year (82.92 points a week) followed by Milk with 1213 points.

Okay now for the fun part. In the race for relegation, things pretty much stayed exactly the same, even though Wil laid out some scenarios that could have changed things. Barilko and Sam just didn't do enough even if Milk did leave the door open for them. Barilko stayed at the bottom of the rankings and will go back to the Barbarians side of things. Sam will go down also unless Face wins the Super Bowl. Face has a fan in Sammy.

Barilko 5 power ranking
Sam 6.5 power ranking
Milk 12.5 power ranking

As stated in a previous post, Face locked up the golden ticket to the A league with a resounding 11-0 breakdown record last week to finish 15 games ahead of Cheesehead. Face will be joining us in the A league next year and since he clinched the breakdown championship, the #1 seed, and the most points, if he wins the Super Bowl also, then only he will be moving up. If either Cheesehead, Steelers, or Monkey win the Super Bowl, then they will be moving up with him.

Face 106-43-5
Cheesehead 91-59-4

In the race for oblivion, Micro somehow climbed out of the doldrums and pulled out a miracle to get out of the bottom two and send OBX there to join Foot who has had a "Foot"hold on the bottom for many weeks.

Foot 3 power ranking
OBX 8 power ranking
Micro 8.5 power ranking

Good luck to all the playoff teams and I plan on doing a matchup breakdown for each of your games if I have time.

mbbrl_week_14-jpg.65512.jpg

And in case you guys would like to compare this year to last year:

mbbrl_week_14-jpg.65513.jpg

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay now let's do a little breakdown on the playoff matchups:

Joe v. Tlance

Joe has the advantage at quarterback with Bortles playing Atlanta over Big Ben who has the toughest matchup in the league against Denver

Joe has a slight advantage I think in running backs, just because Lamar Miller gets the worst run defense in football and Davonte Freeman should have a good game against Jacksonville. I think Peterson has a good bounce back game and how the hell did you guys let Tlance get Denard Robinson and Bryce Brown on waivers. He is a wizard I tell you. Tough call who to start for Tlance with all those options, but can you really sit Decker?

Tlance has a huge advantage at wide receiver with Demaryius Thomas and Deandre Hopkins. Joe is going to trust Jordan Matthews and Martavis Bryant. It gets a little closer if Edelman plays though.

At tight end, Tlance has Rob Gronkowski, he wins. Joe is screwed if Olsen doesn't play.

At the flex no matter which player ends up there on either team I like Tlance's options a lot better, whether it's Decker, Matt Jones, James White, or Bryce Brown, I like them all over all of Joe's options.

Overall I think Tlance's advantage at wide receiver and the flex will be too much to overcome and I still can't believe he got Bryce Brown and Denard Robinson.

Tlance 124 Joe 111

Ram v. Fuzzy

The two best quarterbacks in the league and I actually have to give the advantage to Ram and Cam Newton playing the terrible Giants secondary, although if Brady gets Edelman back it's virtually a push.

At running back, Ram really could have used a waiver wire pickup since he has Danny Woodhead and C.J. Anderson in right now and Fuzzy has Forte and Gurley. Huge advantage to the Fuzzmeister. Forte doesn't have the best matchup against Minnesota, but he catches enough passes for it not to matter too much and Gurley should be fine against Tampa Bay even though they have actually been pretty good against the run, but what are the Rams going to do, throw the ball? I don't think so.

At wide receiver Antonio Brown has the tough matchup with Denver and Alshon has a tough matchup with Minnesota. Ram has Beckham, but he's going to get Josh Norman and Carolina this week. I think Fuzzy has a more points out of the wideouts, but I think neither team tops 20 from that position.

At tight end, Ram has the better talent with Kelce and Benjamin Watson for Fuzzy has his moments, but the advantage has to go to Ram.

In the flex Sammy Watkins has been playing great football and Golden Tate had a great game last week and gets the terrible Saints secondary this week, but I have a feeling that Detroit will be feeding Megatron after two straight not so great weeks. Advantage Fuzzy.

For the first time all year, I'll actually take a defense over the Broncos defense only because of the matchup, but I like the Rams defense against Tampa more than the Broncos against the Steelers.

Overall I think Fuzzy's talent is just going to be too much for Ram to overcome and Ram's running back problems are too big. Ram really could have used one of the running backs that Tlance picked up.

Fuzzy 118 Ram 93

Face v. Cheesehead
I have to give the advantage at quarterback to Face and Carson Palmer as he's just been too good especially in night games. Bortles should have a good game also, but Palmer will dominate.

At running back, Cheesehead has Ivory, Hill, and Murray in right now, but I see he picked up Denard Robinson who I would play over Ivory. Ivory's role has just been so all over the place the last several weeks as the Jets have transitioned into more of a passing team, Bilal Powell seems to be on the field a lot more. With Robinson in there instead of Ivory, I give the advantage to Cheesehead because Hill should have a big game against San Francisco with no Andy Dalton and how bad San Fran is against the run. I'm also not really big on Gore this week.

At wide receiver I have to give the advantage to Cheesehead just because of Beckham's matchup against Josh Norman and Carolina. Julio Jones should have a great game against Jacksonville and Allen Robinson has just been too good this year to have another bad game.

At tight end I actually think if either one of them scores 6 points it will be good because Delanie Walker has been Tennessee's best receiver and we all know how Belichek will take away your #1 option.

At flex i think it's a push between Decker and Latavius Murray. Decker has just been outstanding this year.

I like the Panthers defense more than the Broncos defense this week so advantage to Face.

Overall I just think the matchup issues Face has are going to kill him in the end. He's going to need monster games from Palmer, Hopkins, and Decker to pull this one out.

Cheesehead 132 Face 126 (Sorry Sam)

Monkey v. Steelers
How many of us thought there would be a playoff game with Tyrod Taylor and Alex Smith as the starting quarterbacks at the beginning of the year? Nobody, that's who. I actually give the advantage to Monkey here with Alex Smith against a dreadful Baltimore secondary.

Steelers obviously didn't put in for anybody on waivers since Legarrette Blount is still in his lineup and that's going to hurt him since he doesn't have any great other options. Monkey used the waiver wire to his advantage plugging two pickups right in his lineup in Brandon Bolden and Bryce Brown. Well done Monkey. Love the Lamar Miller matchup this week and Bolden should have a good game also. Big advantage Monkey.

At wide receiver, Steelers has Calvin Johnson going . . . against New Orleans. That's enough right there to give him the advantage, but Mike Evans against St. Louis is not a good matchup. Both Jeffery and Bryant have tough matchups. Advantage Steelers by a hair because Calvin Johnson might outscore the other three combined.

At tight end I give a slight advantage to Jordan Reed and Steelers just because he's been such a target monster and Julius Thomas is a lot more touchdown reliant for a good game.

At the flex, I'll take Bryce Brown playing Cleveland over Javorius Allen against Kansas City even if Bryce Brown was walking the streets three days ago.

Both defenses have good matchups, with a slight advantage going to Monkey and the Chiefs D.

Overall I think Steelers' running back problems are going to be too much to overcome and that's even if Jonathan Stewart plays. If he doesn't, then he is seriously screwed.

Monkey 110 Steelers 91

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great writeups as usual Bandit! :suds:

So far my trusty Flex (Decker) isn't performing very well tonight... 3 pts in 1 half. Not good!