• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL B-League(Barbarians at the Gate)

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he throws it to LaFell, I hope he wins it for you in the first quarter. ;)
I need LaFell to stay out of the end zone. I have a 22 point lead and only need to dodge him

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@The Foot
Just want to say that there is a void since you have not been posting your outrageous thoughts.
Any shlub can rank players a peg or two above or below everyone else's rankings. But it takes a certain amount of moxie to catapult players up the rankings the way you do. (Or down.) And I'm not saying this to be sarcastic.
Your views certainly liven up what would be an otherwise boring discussion of hair-splitting.
It was those views that ultimately lead to me being a member of the best league of them all

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nvm... Saw that OBX has been keepin the Review thread goin. :suds:

The POWER rankings I do are based off the Breakdowns. I do not have access to the A League so I can't do a combined Power rankings like Bandit does or tell you what the points situation is between the two leagues.

My POWER rankings are 1 point for anybody you out scored that week and 1/2 a point for anybody you tied, then each weeks total is added on to give you the overall total.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The POWER rankings I do are based off the Breakdowns. I do not have access to the A League so I can't do a combined Power rankings like Bandit does or tell you what the points situation is between the two leagues.

My POWER rankings are 1 point for anybody you out scored that week and 1/2 a point for anybody you tied, then each weeks total is added on to give you the overall total.
Good to know. That's what I was assuming the power rankings were. Thanks for keeping those updated for us! :suds:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow... Considering my player's matchups I thought I had this week as an easy win! Hopkins only got 3 pts against the Saints??? And Palmer 16 against the 9ers???

:gaah:

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team turned into a giant dumpster fire the last 3 weeks. Scoring 64, 63 and 54 points the last 3 weeks after leading the league in scoring the first 9 weeks. Dez and DT have been total busts for various reasons. Hyde has missed the last 5 weeks. Freeman has been nonexistent the last 3 weeks. When your 2 RB's 2 WR's and Flex score 12 points you are screwed. Tom can't even save us! :facepalm3:

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry guys, I've just been posting to the main MBBRL thread. There are recaps there for each week, but here is this weeks. I will start posting them to both pages again.

WEEK 12 RECAP
So we got a little bit of clarity in each league regarding the playoffs, but there are still a lot of teams alive, so let's get right to it.

Bandit takes down Chef 118-110. It what turned out to be the two highest scores in the Keepers league last week, Bandit finally pulled out a win in one of these high scoring games. Chef is still right in the thick of it at 7-5 although he can't win the division now. Bandit goes to 5-7 and Chef falls to 7-5.

Tlance kicks Sam while he's down 102-79. Tlance scored over 100 points for the 8th time this year cruising to the win over Sam. Tlance has now clinched the division title and the overall #1 seed. Sam needs some help to avoid relegation. He's 4 breakdown games behind Ram and 32 points behind Ram, but Ram has two more wins, so Sam would need to win the last two games and score decent points to avoid relegation. Tlance moves to 10-2 and Sam falls to 4-8.

Milk's defense holds Lefty down to win 88-73. Milk on the other hand got his 4th straight win while scoring under 90 points although he's hell for consistency as he's put up 88, 87, 88, and 88 the last 4 weeks. Milk would need to lose his final two games and either Lefty or Ram would have to win their final two games in order for Milk to lose the division title. Lefty needs to win out and have Milk lose out to make the playoffs. Milk is 8-4 and Lefty 6-6.

Fuzzy edges Barilko 91-89. Fuzzy got just enough from Brady and the Broncos D to pull out the win. With that win Fuzzy actually moves to the top of the standings even though ESPN doesn't reflect it that way, but since there is no head-to-head tiebreaker, Fuzzy and Joe have the same division record, but Fuzzy has a better breakdown record so he is in first. It probably won't matter since they play each other the last week of the season anyway though. Fuzzy moves to 7-5 and Barilko falls to 3-9 and needs the same help that Sam does to avoid relegation.

Joe over Treff 99-96. Joe makes the call of the week starting Travis Benjamin and his 16 points in the flex to pull out a hard fought win over Treff. Joe ties Fuzzy at the top of the division at 7-5 and Treff falls one game back at 6-6 but he's still alive for the division or wild card.

TKO over Ram 108-85. TKO's team looks very good of late, this time getting a Thanksgiving present of 44 points from Stafford on his way to the win. With his performance lately TKO has pretty much ended any talk of relegation as he has climbed all the way up to 4th in points. TKO moves to 3-9 and Ram falls to 6-6 but is still alive for the division and wild card.

If the season ended right now, these would be your playoff teams in the Keepers:

#1 Tlance (10-2) already clinched the division and the #1 overall seed
#2 Milk (8-4) 1st place in the Aramis division and can clinch with a win this week
#3 Fuzzy (7-5) 1st place in the Athos division
#4 Chef (7-5) holds a 1 game lead over Joe in breakdown for the wild card

#5 Joe (7-5) Still can win the division or the wild card.
#6 Treff (6-6) Needs some help to win the division and is 5 games behind Chef in breakdown for the wild card.
#7 Lefty (6-6) Needs a lot of help to win the division and is 7 games behind Chef in breakdown.
#8 Ram (6-6) No chance at wild card because of breakdown record, but can still win the division if he wins out and Milk loses out based on better division record.
#9 Bandit (5-7) Still holding on to a very slim possibility of getting there is I win out and get a lot of help.

Eliminated - Sam, TKO, Barilko

Race for relegation:

Barilko 5.5 power ranking
Sam 5.5 power ranking
Ram 12.5 power ranking

Just a few notes. Everybody keeps being amazed at how good Milk's defense has been this year, but Tlance has actually allowed the least amount of points in the Keepers with 1021 to Milk's 1031.

Bandit took over the MBBRL wide breakdown lead at 187-87-2 which is 8 games better than Fuzzy.

Point lead has grown to 563 points for the Keepers over the Barbarians.

Keepers have 6 teams with over 1150 points and the Barbarians have 1.

Fuzzy, Tlance, and Bandit are all within 1 game of each other for the breakdown lead in the Keepers.

Barbarians recap

Steelers locks up the division with a 92-79 win over OBX. Steelers can now just sit back and relax the last two weeks as he has already clinched the Huns division and is in the playoffs. He is now at 7-4-1 and OBX falls to 3-8-1.

Micro explodes and beats Foot 133-98. Apparently the battle to avoid purgatory lit a fire under Micro as he scored the most points in the entire MBBRL with 133 points behind Stafford's 44. Micro moves to 4-8 and Foot falls to 3-9.

BK beats Shady 91-54. Shady continues to just collapse and he is now eliminated from playoff contention. He put 54 on the board and that was with 29 from Brady which means the other 8 players combined for 25 points. Ouch! BK moves to 6-6 and needs to win out and gain a shitload of breakdown games to have a shot at the wild card.

Cheesehead over Stomp 107-87. Cheesehead keeps his winning ways going with the win here keeping his lead in the wild card and still has a shot at the division as he improves to 8-4 and Stomp falls to 6-6 and much like BK would need to gain a lot of breakdown games to have a shot at the wild card.

Smitty over Face 102-95. In a game that Smitty had to have, he pulled out the victory keeping his division and wild card hopes alive. He also gained a few games on Face for the breakdown lead. Face is still comfortably out in front of everyone and holds a one game lead in the Visigoths division.

Monkey over Harold 91-74. Monkey's defense comes through again. Just looked back and he has given up 100 points once this entire year. Monkey keeps his lead in the Porthos division and improves to 9-3 and Harold falls to 5-7.

Right now your playoff teams in the Barbarians would be:

#1 Monkey (9-3) Best overall record and leading the Ostrogoths division
#2 Face (8-4) 2nd best record and leading the Visigoths division
#3 Steelers (7-4-1) clinched the Huns division
#4 Cheesehead (8-4) best wild card record

#5 Smitty (7-5) with his win keeps hopes alive at the division title and still has good shot at wild card
#6 BK (6-6) alive for the wild card, but only if he wins out, Cheesehead loses out, and he makes up 12 breakdown games to end up ahead of Cheesehead and Smitty
#7 Stomp (6-6) see BK except he would have to make up 15 breakdown games

Officially eliminated - Shady, Harold, Micro, OBX, Foot

Essentially the three remaining playoff spots (Steelers already clinched) are going to come down to Face, Smitty, Monkey, and Cheesehead.

Monkey has allowed 953 points this year, which is 68 points less than the next closest guy which is Tlance's 1021.

Smitty narrowly closed the gap on Face, who still has a 9 game lead for the golden ticket to the A league and it has essentially turned into a 3 person race. Right now the two teams moving up would be Face (best breakdown record) and the Super Bowl Champion. If the Super Bowl Champion is Face, then Monkey would move up because he would be the #1 overall seed.

Race for the golden ticket to the A league and best breakdown record:

Face 87-41-4
Smitty 78-53-1
Cheesehead 77-51-4

This week's all important matchups
Ram (6-6) v. Lefty (6-6) Loser is eliminated and winner stays alive only if Milk loses. If Ram wins and Milk loses, it will set up a winner take all game next week between Milk and Ram for the division.

TKO (3-9) v. Milk (8-4) Let's see if Milk's D can slow down the red hot TKO who is now up to 4th in points. Milk clinches the division with a win or tie.

Treff (6-6) v. Fuzzy (7-5) Treff must win to keep his playoff hopes alive. If Fuzzy wins and Joe loses this week, Fuzzy will essentially clinch the division because even if Joe beats him next week, they will have the same division record and the next tiebreaker is breakdown and Joe would have to gain 14 breakdown games on Fuzzy in two weeks which is possible but not likely.

Joe (7-5) v. Barilko (3-9) Barilko is fighting to keep away relegation and Joe is hoping to hold his team together for a few more weeks. Joe needs to win to keep his division title hopes alive.

Tlance (10-2) v. Bandit (5-7) Bandit must win to keep his very slim playoff hopes alive. Tlance is resting his starters (Gronk) to get ready for his playoff run.

Sam (4-8) v. Chef (7-5) Sam must win to keep Bandits playoff hopes alive, so come on Sammy. Chef can eliminate a lot of people's chances with a win.

Steelers (7-4-1) v. Foot (3-9) Steelers is just playing for seeding and Foot is just playing.

OBX (3-8-1) v. Micro (4-8) Hey pride matters you know

Cheesehead (8-4) v. Monkey (9-3) In the game of the week in both leagues, Monkey can lock up the division with a win. If Cheesehead wins, he would take over the division lead based on division record.

Shady (5-7) v. Smitty (7-5) Smitty needs to win to keep his wild card and division hopes alive. Shady is just trying to play spoiler.

BK (6-6) v. Face (8-4) If Face wins and Smitty loses, Face would clinch the division. BK is keeping very slim playoff hopes alive.

Stomp (6-6) v. Harold (5-7) Stomp is trying to keep a small hope of the playoffs alive. Harold is playing out the string.

Here are the standings and good luck to everyone this week, especially you Sam, you can do it.

mbbrl_week_12-jpg.59803.jpg

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry guys, I've just been posting to the main MBBRL thread. There are recaps there for each week, but here is this weeks. I will start posting them to both pages again.

WEEK 12 RECAP
So we got a little bit of clarity in each league regarding the playoffs, but there are still a lot of teams alive, so let's get right to it.

Bandit takes down Chef 118-110. It what turned out to be the two highest scores in the Keepers league last week, Bandit finally pulled out a win in one of these high scoring games. Chef is still right in the thick of it at 7-5 although he can't win the division now. Bandit goes to 5-7 and Chef falls to 7-5.

Tlance kicks Sam while he's down 102-79. Tlance scored over 100 points for the 8th time this year cruising to the win over Sam. Tlance has now clinched the division title and the overall #1 seed. Sam needs some help to avoid relegation. He's 4 breakdown games behind Ram and 32 points behind Ram, but Ram has two more wins, so Sam would need to win the last two games and score decent points to avoid relegation. Tlance moves to 10-2 and Sam falls to 4-8.

Milk's defense holds Lefty down to win 88-73. Milk on the other hand got his 4th straight win while scoring under 90 points although he's hell for consistency as he's put up 88, 87, 88, and 88 the last 4 weeks. Milk would need to lose his final two games and either Lefty or Ram would have to win their final two games in order for Milk to lose the division title. Lefty needs to win out and have Milk lose out to make the playoffs. Milk is 8-4 and Lefty 6-6.

Fuzzy edges Barilko 91-89. Fuzzy got just enough from Brady and the Broncos D to pull out the win. With that win Fuzzy actually moves to the top of the standings even though ESPN doesn't reflect it that way, but since there is no head-to-head tiebreaker, Fuzzy and Joe have the same division record, but Fuzzy has a better breakdown record so he is in first. It probably won't matter since they play each other the last week of the season anyway though. Fuzzy moves to 7-5 and Barilko falls to 3-9 and needs the same help that Sam does to avoid relegation.

Joe over Treff 99-96. Joe makes the call of the week starting Travis Benjamin and his 16 points in the flex to pull out a hard fought win over Treff. Joe ties Fuzzy at the top of the division at 7-5 and Treff falls one game back at 6-6 but he's still alive for the division or wild card.

TKO over Ram 108-85. TKO's team looks very good of late, this time getting a Thanksgiving present of 44 points from Stafford on his way to the win. With his performance lately TKO has pretty much ended any talk of relegation as he has climbed all the way up to 4th in points. TKO moves to 3-9 and Ram falls to 6-6 but is still alive for the division and wild card.

If the season ended right now, these would be your playoff teams in the Keepers:

#1 Tlance (10-2) already clinched the division and the #1 overall seed
#2 Milk (8-4) 1st place in the Aramis division and can clinch with a win this week
#3 Fuzzy (7-5) 1st place in the Athos division
#4 Chef (7-5) holds a 1 game lead over Joe in breakdown for the wild card

#5 Joe (7-5) Still can win the division or the wild card.
#6 Treff (6-6) Needs some help to win the division and is 5 games behind Chef in breakdown for the wild card.
#7 Lefty (6-6) Needs a lot of help to win the division and is 7 games behind Chef in breakdown.
#8 Ram (6-6) No chance at wild card because of breakdown record, but can still win the division if he wins out and Milk loses out based on better division record.
#9 Bandit (5-7) Still holding on to a very slim possibility of getting there is I win out and get a lot of help.

Eliminated - Sam, TKO, Barilko

Race for relegation:

Barilko 5.5 power ranking
Sam 5.5 power ranking
Ram 12.5 power ranking

Just a few notes. Everybody keeps being amazed at how good Milk's defense has been this year, but Tlance has actually allowed the least amount of points in the Keepers with 1021 to Milk's 1031.

Bandit took over the MBBRL wide breakdown lead at 187-87-2 which is 8 games better than Fuzzy.

Point lead has grown to 563 points for the Keepers over the Barbarians.

Keepers have 6 teams with over 1150 points and the Barbarians have 1.

Fuzzy, Tlance, and Bandit are all within 1 game of each other for the breakdown lead in the Keepers.

Barbarians recap

Steelers locks up the division with a 92-79 win over OBX. Steelers can now just sit back and relax the last two weeks as he has already clinched the Huns division and is in the playoffs. He is now at 7-4-1 and OBX falls to 3-8-1.

Micro explodes and beats Foot 133-98. Apparently the battle to avoid purgatory lit a fire under Micro as he scored the most points in the entire MBBRL with 133 points behind Stafford's 44. Micro moves to 4-8 and Foot falls to 3-9.

BK beats Shady 91-54. Shady continues to just collapse and he is now eliminated from playoff contention. He put 54 on the board and that was with 29 from Brady which means the other 8 players combined for 25 points. Ouch! BK moves to 6-6 and needs to win out and gain a shitload of breakdown games to have a shot at the wild card.

Cheesehead over Stomp 107-87. Cheesehead keeps his winning ways going with the win here keeping his lead in the wild card and still has a shot at the division as he improves to 8-4 and Stomp falls to 6-6 and much like BK would need to gain a lot of breakdown games to have a shot at the wild card.

Smitty over Face 102-95. In a game that Smitty had to have, he pulled out the victory keeping his division and wild card hopes alive. He also gained a few games on Face for the breakdown lead. Face is still comfortably out in front of everyone and holds a one game lead in the Visigoths division.

Monkey over Harold 91-74. Monkey's defense comes through again. Just looked back and he has given up 100 points once this entire year. Monkey keeps his lead in the Porthos division and improves to 9-3 and Harold falls to 5-7.

Right now your playoff teams in the Barbarians would be:

#1 Monkey (9-3) Best overall record and leading the Ostrogoths division
#2 Face (8-4) 2nd best record and leading the Visigoths division
#3 Steelers (7-4-1) clinched the Huns division
#4 Cheesehead (8-4) best wild card record

#5 Smitty (7-5) with his win keeps hopes alive at the division title and still has good shot at wild card
#6 BK (6-6) alive for the wild card, but only if he wins out, Cheesehead loses out, and he makes up 12 breakdown games to end up ahead of Cheesehead and Smitty
#7 Stomp (6-6) see BK except he would have to make up 15 breakdown games

Officially eliminated - Shady, Harold, Micro, OBX, Foot

Essentially the three remaining playoff spots (Steelers already clinched) are going to come down to Face, Smitty, Monkey, and Cheesehead.

Monkey has allowed 953 points this year, which is 68 points less than the next closest guy which is Tlance's 1021.

Smitty narrowly closed the gap on Face, who still has a 9 game lead for the golden ticket to the A league and it has essentially turned into a 3 person race. Right now the two teams moving up would be Face (best breakdown record) and the Super Bowl Champion. If the Super Bowl Champion is Face, then Monkey would move up because he would be the #1 overall seed.

Race for the golden ticket to the A league and best breakdown record:

Face 87-41-4
Smitty 78-53-1
Cheesehead 77-51-4

This week's all important matchups
Ram (6-6) v. Lefty (6-6) Loser is eliminated and winner stays alive only if Milk loses. If Ram wins and Milk loses, it will set up a winner take all game next week between Milk and Ram for the division.

TKO (3-9) v. Milk (8-4) Let's see if Milk's D can slow down the red hot TKO who is now up to 4th in points. Milk clinches the division with a win or tie.

Treff (6-6) v. Fuzzy (7-5) Treff must win to keep his playoff hopes alive. If Fuzzy wins and Joe loses this week, Fuzzy will essentially clinch the division because even if Joe beats him next week, they will have the same division record and the next tiebreaker is breakdown and Joe would have to gain 14 breakdown games on Fuzzy in two weeks which is possible but not likely.

Joe (7-5) v. Barilko (3-9) Barilko is fighting to keep away relegation and Joe is hoping to hold his team together for a few more weeks. Joe needs to win to keep his division title hopes alive.

Tlance (10-2) v. Bandit (5-7) Bandit must win to keep his very slim playoff hopes alive. Tlance is resting his starters (Gronk) to get ready for his playoff run.

Sam (4-8) v. Chef (7-5) Sam must win to keep Bandits playoff hopes alive, so come on Sammy. Chef can eliminate a lot of people's chances with a win.

Steelers (7-4-1) v. Foot (3-9) Steelers is just playing for seeding and Foot is just playing.

OBX (3-8-1) v. Micro (4-8) Hey pride matters you know

Cheesehead (8-4) v. Monkey (9-3) In the game of the week in both leagues, Monkey can lock up the division with a win. If Cheesehead wins, he would take over the division lead based on division record.

Shady (5-7) v. Smitty (7-5) Smitty needs to win to keep his wild card and division hopes alive. Shady is just trying to play spoiler.

BK (6-6) v. Face (8-4) If Face wins and Smitty loses, Face would clinch the division. BK is keeping very slim playoff hopes alive.

Stomp (6-6) v. Harold (5-7) Stomp is trying to keep a small hope of the playoffs alive. Harold is playing out the string.

Here are the standings and good luck to everyone this week, especially you Sam, you can do it.

View attachment 59897
Great work! Monkey you should rest your players for the playoffs.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can u rest players? Or that bad form? I'm in a two week bye

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to beat Shady and all, but really could have done without that Richard Rodgers TD at the end.

Wasn't looking for a Gronkesque showing.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smitty still be nippin at my heels!

Glad to have another dub in the win column...

Shwag
200w.gif

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good work Trudem!

That moves 3 of us to 9-4