• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL B-League(Barbarians at the Gate)

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers, I turned down your trade for 2 reasons.

1) I do not have enough confidence in Jackson or any of my other WR outside of Sanders to be consistent if I gave you Percy. If I had a better/more consistent #2 option I probably would have considered it much more.

2) With Matthews returning in a week or 2, I think I can be solid at RB with Bell & Taliaferro with Sproles as my main backup

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers, I turned down your trade for 2 reasons.

1) I do not have enough confidence in Jackson or any of my other WR outside of Sanders to be consistent if I gave you Percy. If I had a better/more consistent #2 option I probably would have considered it much more.

2) With Matthews returning in a week or 2, I think I can be solid at RB with Bell & Taliaferro with Sproles as my main backup

Nicely thought-out reasons, bk! I like that, people are thinking around here. Even I am trying to. ;)

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we should really settle this SFNL thing asap. Are all options up for vote, or can Treff just say screw it and decide what to do?

If we are voting, let's get it over with and move on. As I see it, the options are (please correct me if I'm wrong, Treff):

1: Ask the venerable Wilwhite to take over temporarily until we find someone.

2: Get a new owner for this weekend. Zep, Dblake, Kramer and Breasy are the current options.

3: The Drone (that BITCH!)

4: Give SFNL another week. As for tonight's game, he has Greg Jennings on the bench, with Mike Wallace (on bye) in the lineup. Crosby is his kicker.

5: Write the team off and either go with what happens or give every team an automatic win.

If I have not missed anything, here is my take:

Wil was the "semi-retired gentleman" I was referring to in my post a few pages back. Honestly, I would prefer to see him take the team over for the rest of the season rather than coming in for a quick fix. I realize this is most likely an unreasonable request, but it sure would make for a good storyline.

I'm done with SFNL. In my mind, maybe next year. As for option 5, as guilty as I feel for my win, I don't think automatic wins are the way to go. You never know what can happen.

That leaves The Drone or another owner. I'm all for voting in another owner (seems like it's between Kramer and Breasy) and getting this done. However, if Wil has a change of heart and wants to take the team for the season, that is my vote.

Sorry to be so long-winded (Treff, hope I didn't overstep my bounds), but I wanted to flesh things out and see if we can't settle this thing.

And I have another day off today. ;)

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather have Kramer than a drone but I'm personally not a fan of either choice. I can appreciate people having different opinions but we have been getting along well and my experience with Kramer is he only offers his condescending thoughts.

Just my $0.02

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I vote we have the drone or Wil take over til we find a suitable replacement. I'd rather not have to start replacing owners left and right bc people don't stick around or continue to manage their team. I'm sure over the next year we could find someone.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im ignorant, what's The Drone, how does it work?

Will ESPN just select the lineup they see as best? Or is it a cool term for the equivalent of a ghostwriter owner?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I vote we have the drone or Wil take over til we find a suitable replacement. I'd rather not have to start replacing owners left and right bc people don't stick around or continue to manage their team. I'm sure over the next year we could find someone.

Why are we assuming anyone who takes over for SFNL wont be a good owner?? I just don't see the problem if the worst case scenario is to be back where we are now!!!

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im ignorant, what's The Drone, how does it work?

Will ESPN just select the lineup they see as best? Or is it a cool term for the equivalent of a ghostwriter owner?

The Drone pretty much picks the players with the highest projections, both in the lineup and waivers.

Anyway, after reading the A-Leaguers thread, it looks like they are going to be the ones to approve what's going to happen. Makes perfect sense, I kinda forgot about that.

Still, it felt good to get that out of my system. Now, who wants to trade? :pound::pound::pound:

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are we assuming anyone who takes over for SFNL wont be a good owner?? I just don't see the problem if the worst case scenario is to be back where we are now!!!

Bc we've seen it now in both football and baseball this year. The b-league in baseball added a new owner and he was non existent after awhile. Now we have another new owner in football that hasn't set his lineup in quite awhile. Pardon me if I'm a bit skeptical. That's my take and I stand by it.

Also, I'd rather not have to be back where we are now. I'd prefer we take our time adding a new owner, not just the first person that says "I will". Like chef said, it sounds like it doesn't matter anyway as the A-league is deciding what to do.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wLR5Ki300Wg[/ame]

If it comes down to it, I'll call Jeremy Renner in Week 13.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bc we've seen it now in both football and baseball this year. The b-league in baseball added a new owner and he was non existent after awhile. Now we have another new owner in football that hasn't set his lineup in quite awhile. Pardon me if I'm a bit skeptical. That's my take and I stand by it.

Also, I'd rather not have to be back where we are now. I'd prefer we take our time adding a new owner, not just the first person that says "I will". Like chef said, it sounds like it doesn't matter anyway as the A-league is deciding what to do.

We may have what you would consider final say, but that doesn't mean everyone's input and suggestions aren't greatly appreciated. You guys are the ones playing with and against these guys and it's important that you enjoy the league first and foremost. And I agree. . We shouldn't just grab the first dude who says yes. We have alternative plans for an interim owner, and we'll find a good permanent one, hopefully with as much help from you all as well.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say we keep beating around the bush until 2PM on Sunday.:nod:

Whatever y'all decide I am good with.

Well, your opponent has an interim owner as of today. I'm slightly surprised that no one has taken a chance on Alex Smith, including myself.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, your opponent has an interim owner as of today. I'm slightly surprised that no one has taken a chance on Alex Smith, including myself.

Milk picked up Flacco today. Both to me are those hit and miss QBs, you might look like a genius or a fool for starting them.

Kinda like a certain owner this past weekend who picked up and started the Raiders D figuring that the Dolphins sucked and had no chance at scoring 38.:L

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will makes his presence known immediately with shrewd pickups of ogbayani and Alex Smith... I am high on ogbayani and wanted him, just did not see the player to drop for him...

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Counter sent, Chef!

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Counter sent, Chef!

Sigh...I couldn't resist. Now I'll be second guessing myself for the rest of the week.

Pleasure doing business with ya, Wil! :suds:

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Likewise, Chef.

For those curious: Gio and Fitzhasbeen went to Chef and "9 Players in Search of an Owner" got Antonio Brown and Romo.