• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mayhew may franchise Suh

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how else I can make my opinion, and it is just an opinion, any clearer. I think McCoy is soft. I think he disappears for huge chunks of games. Lots of guys rack up stats but aren't necessarily as good as the stats suggest, you know, stats do lie. I think he spends far too much time on the training table. Not just me but a shit ton of people in this area question his leadership. They hate the idea of him always helping opponents up. After McCoy started playing well finally a couple of years ago the talking heads here started saying he was the best DT in football and after Suh stepped on that little bitch Rodgers' ankle, probably half of the talking heads around here were calling Suh the best DT in football. I was shocked frankly but they are finally seeing what I've seen. Anyway, McCoy is a very nice guy. I think too nice as a DT. Suh believes he's a leader and he may be one as far as his play but not much as far as vocal from what I've seen. McCoy fancies himself a leader and he is vocal, always laughing and smiling, keeping the troops upbeat. But that's a problem to me. He's talking but he's never yelling, never in anyone's face, never demanding the best out of anyone. And as the face of the team this is what the team will emmulate. SOFT!!!

I was just curious. I know you had sad earlier, he would completely disappear now that he signed a big contract. He was having a great year before getting injured in the Lions game.

That is the only reason I asked why you said he didn't deserve the money, as he seemed to be earning it on the field.

As far as a leader -- I have no opinion on McCoy, as I don't follow the Bucs in the least bit. I just see the stats on PFF and where they rank everyone (F'ing Aaron Donald was rated the #1 DT this year -- imagine what our defense could have been with him paired with Suh). I do know that being a leader is something Suh talked about wanting to become, but I'd say it is far from his strong suit. I think he is more of a lead by example type of guy, instead of the yelling and screaming type. I don't think either player is going to confused for Ray Lewis in hyping teammates up and getting them ready to play.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Objective.

You crowning yourself as full of common sense and me void of it is your biased opinion. I see no evidence to support it, but it's your right to have that opinion.

Mayhew says the tag is in play. You think he's lying. I disagree. Life goes on.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're trying to paint this as far more black and white than it really is because you're afraid of Suh leaving and refuse to acknowledge that he simply may not want to play in Detroit. None of us are saying that he definitely doesn't want to stay, we're just discussing the possibility. Your refusal to accept this possibility suggests that you're approaching this thing with a strong bias, and therefore not looking at it objectively.

That's my opinion.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're trying to paint this as far more black and white than it really is because you're afraid of Suh leaving and refuse to acknowledge that he simply may not want to play in Detroit. None of us are saying that he definitely doesn't want to stay, we're just discussing the possibility. Your refusal to accept this possibility suggests that you're approaching this thing with a strong bias, and therefore not looking at it objectively.

That's my opinion.

Nah. I used to think that but recent events have changed my mind. I think he wants to play here now. You're right that I think discussing the possibility is wasteful (for me) because I do not see a realistic option where Suh doesn't want to play here but gets tagged anyways.

It's cool. We've both been wrong before.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What evidence can you produce that Suh does indeed want to play here?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What evidence can you produce that Suh does indeed want to play here?

Lions are trying to lock him up.

Tag is in play.

Mayhew said so.

If he was gone I don't think any of those 3 things would be being discussed right now.

The emotions after the Dallas loss also showed me how much Suh loves his teammates.

I wouldn't call it hardcore evidence but IMO it all points to Suh returning.

Definitely not scared of him trying to screw us over.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team sucked last year so bad we fired our HC, why would Suh have signed?.

Kind of a natural thing to do, wait and see how things play out. Looked like they played out well for him.

Now he could be waiting to see what becomes of Austin. And I wouldn't blame him.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of a natural thing to do, wait and see how things play out. Looked like they played out well for him.

Now he could be waiting to see what becomes of Austin. And I wouldn't blame him.

Austin has another good year and he is gone. So we have another year of Suh watch? I think at this point we are over thinking this. I get he hated Schwartz and didn't want to stay until he worked for Caldwell but it's still a business and after the season Suh could make any number of statements but he chooses to say stupid shit about how he chose to play for Detroit, How he will go to where his agents says to, and all the while putting off the Lions.

The funny thing is numbers usually leak out like he wants 6 years and 120 million or he wants 60 million guaranteed in a 5 year deal. But we really have not heard any numbers or even contract length so it makes me wonder how legit has Suh been in negotiations.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or Austin takes a HC job sometime this month and we starting tallinbough who we can scrambled together to make this team not finish behind the Bears.

I think working/playing for competent bosses is a valid thing for a guy to concern himself with.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
broncosmitty said:
1. Or Austin takes a HC job sometime this month and we starting tallinbough who we can scrambled together to make this team not finish behind the Bears.

2. I think working/playing for competent bosses is a valid thing for a guy to concern himself with.

1. I don't see that occurring but stranger hires have happened in the past, IMO. I truly think he needs at minimum 1 more year, realistically 2 more years, before he's a legit threat as a HC. :noidea:

2. :10: :agree: nuff said.....

(disclaimer, $$$$ TALK for most players that are dominant like Suh, then you can add in branding, marketing, commercials etc. and the where-location is best fit)

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't say that they were affected at all. I said this defense isn't all about Suh. If you used that money on the right free agents and draft properly then the D doesn't miss a beat.

The d misses a huge beat if you take suh out of the equation. You want to be relegated to a same ol lions defense? Let suh walk.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The d misses a huge beat if you take suh out of the equation. You want to be relegated to a same ol lions defense? Let suh walk.

I think most are in agreement with that. What's fun to talk about is the "what if" scenarios if they can't get him resigned. I assure you they aren't going to just let him walk.

The "what if" scenarios might be somebody like Revis. What would his impact be if added to our D if we used the funds available there if Suh was lost. What about someone on the o-line without having to use an early draft pick and instead used it on another DT. Resigning Fairley and Mosley to go with that pick, etc. Would that relegate us to the same ol Lions defense??

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. I don't see that occurring but stranger hires have happened in the past, IMO. I truly think he needs at minimum 1 more year, realistically 2 more years, before he's a legit threat as a HC. :noidea:

2. :10: :agree: nuff said.....

(disclaimer, $$$$ TALK for most players that are dominant like Suh, then you can add in branding, marketing, commercials etc. and the where-location is best fit)

Any word on how things went in his The Chicago Interview? (Maybe Teryl's doin' covert operations?)

The Bears option is the scariest to me for both Suh and Austin. Id really have a tough time with those two games every year if that happened.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
broncosmitty said:
Any word on how things went in his The Chicago Interview? (Maybe Teryl's doin' covert operations?)

The Bears option is the scariest to me for both Suh and Austin. Id really have a tough time with those two games every year if that happened.

you do realize that I'm dumbest board member here, right ? :yahoo:

nothing covert going on there. the man wanna gets the "real monies".

I might be more worried that Suh ends up a Jet, should they hire Dan Quinn. perfect fit all the way around. NYC means lots for $$ for Suh, endorsements, new product lines all while teaming up with Jay-Z's marketing people..... :think:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me crazy..... But I disagree.

Not aboot the Jets part though. That makes sense. Playin' right next to my boy Big Mo..... Whefffff skurry. That is, if they give up on the 3-4. If they stick with it, they're still scary.

Last edited by a moderator:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets hired Bowles.

I don't know why Im concerned. We're taggin' him anyway :rollseyes:

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash