• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mayhew may franchise Suh

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You happen to think that nothing would leak about conversations being had? Out of all the media and inside sources available there would be nothing reported? I find that impossible to believe.

It's in Suh's best interest to have all the other teams in the league knowing that the Lions are aggressively pursuing getting a deal right now. Those other teams aren't going to think that we are low balling him so its his way of letting them know in advance its going to take a big number. Free agency is like a sealed bid auction where you better bring your very best offer or lose out to someone else. That's how he gets the most $, and that is surely what he is after.

Maybe he wouldn't sign anyway, I don't know that. But what I can tell you is this team needs to prep for FA because its going to look wildly different depending on what happens with Suh. If we aren't even talking with him then that is one seriously shitty way to plan.

Pfffft... yooouuu don't know what the fuck yer talking about, Willis.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If resigning Suh is priority #1 then we sure aren't acting like it? :L

More days pass and still not a word. Find it simply impossible to believe talks with the #1 free agent on the market can somehow escape everyone in the media.

IMO time is running out here. Deal by Feb 7 or I think it's over. Just can not see the tag in play. That would be a SuperBowl or bust year because it will almost certainly (95% IMO) be his last in Detroit.

A near $44m cap hit for a second tag sure as fuck isn't going to happen so if we can't get it done this offseason the team just has to walk away. Letting him even test FA is just horrible management. And they have already done a horrible job managing with the forever kick the can down the road with these damn restructures.

Many on here have said for years there are consequences for doing that and here they are with Suh. To have a player with $19.5m in dead $ entering the final year of his contract is reprehensible. If a new deal isn't done by the 7th both Millenhew and LewanDUI should be fired immediately. :L

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's LewAAnd.

Last edited by a moderator:

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prolly should just start thinking of what FA you like most. Pretty sure this what the money gets spent on.

They will double down on DT dumbness and tag Fairley for cheaper amount than Suh. Yet more than last years 5th yr. option. (which I liked) and less than brilliant.