• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Matthews

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of all the backs in round 5-6 with no.1 upside that is a sure starter unless injured, it is him. The only concern is who is his backup if he goes down? Thats the biggest risk you take with him. The other option is Wilson but Brown would have to be drafted a few rounds later and hope the role will be clear for the giants when season starts.

I'm considering going this route because Matthews can be about as much as Gore or Murray(3rd round)

And idk but if its just me or not round 4 is really thin.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danny wood head is his back up, I believe . Good as a third down back.. Well decent anyway.. Not much more even if Matthews goes down.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of all the backs in round 5-6 with no.1 upside that is a sure starter unless injured, it is him. The only concern is who is his backup if he goes down? Thats the biggest risk you take with him. The other option is Wilson but Brown would have to be drafted a few rounds later and hope the role will be clear for the giants when season starts.

I'm considering going this route because Matthews can be about as much as Gore or Murray(3rd round)

And idk but if its just me or not round 4 is really thin.

I'm pretty sure David Wilson would be the wiser choice; maybe you can grab Mathews a round or two later, but I wouldn't think twice about grabbing Wilson. If you get Brown for a handcuff, fine, but IMO Wilson ain't gonna be sharing too much time. I hope I understood your post right...if not, forget what I just said. :nod:

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When there is no clear backup, it basically doesn't matter as you'll surely see a 2, 3, mayve even a 4 man commitee. I wouldn't sweat a Ryan Mathews handcuff..just grab a half of someone else's commitee and call it a win on that roster spot.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually Wilson is moving back up. Matthews is right there at the end of round 5 and early round 6. He was later but I think the injuries to Bell, Miller's role not locked may be moving him up.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like Mathews. I also like Woodhead. That passing game is going no where. I think they will be a heavy run first team. the big question is injury but I think well worth a 5th round pick. Could be a huge steal.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DoNotWantCat.jpg

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got him late 6th. He's in my flex, because I missed out on Brees and Rodgers I ended up getting Cobb 2nd and MJD 3rd. I also have a late late sleeper in Powell.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't consider Matthews till after the 6th round and only as a flex at best or back up at worst. He's just not trustworthy health wise, we know his ceiling, and truthfully, I don't think he's that solid of a RB anyway. Wilson is a far better pick imo and I'd take Murray as well. While Murray has injury concerns too, he's actually looked close to a #1 back those times he has been healthy.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Mathews is my flex. My starters are Lynch and MJD. Chances are a good back will emerge in FA with all the uncertainty. Also, when Mathews came back from his injury he played in every game last year I thought. And that was a collarbone injury, not a knee or foot that usually has recurrences.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be surprised if Mathews finishes in the top12. He looks like "A Man on A Mission" this year. I have never seen him look so tough. He always used to run in a way that allowed him to absorb most of the hit. This year I can clearly see he is delivering the blows and forcing the energy on the defenders rather that the other way around like in years past. If you can get him even in the fourth that is a steal.

Keep in mind last year a lot of television experts where calling him a top 5 fantasy RB!

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm nervous because I have Matthews for my RB3. I picked up Bell later on for my RB4 so; the outlook of my backups is kind of cloudy. Both of my starters have a bye the same week too. Hopefully things get better before they get worse.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chances are a good back will emerge in FA with all the uncertainty.

Ive been finding the opposite to be true in my real drafts. Almost every single decent backup RB is getting drafted by someone, even the 3rd RBs on some teams. It just really seems to me that a bunch of teams are stocking up by getting 3-4 RBs to fill RB2/Flex spots, especially those owners that miss out on the high upside RB2s.