• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Matthew Stafford

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting pounded game in and game out may have resulted into a pussy slide. One can only take so much.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping he just lost where he was on the field. He seemed pissed when he saw the spot.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big time!

Staff's no wuss. But he pussed out on that play.

(Gettin picked on first down also annoyed the shit outta me. But that's about all the gripes I have with him from yesterday. Not many guys in his side of the ball that only had two plays that pissed me off.)

I agree with all of this

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping he just lost where he was on the field. He seemed pissed when he saw the spot.

I pointed this out in the other thread too, but if you watch the replay, the guy hholding the stick/down marker lifts it up and steps a full yard up field when it looks like the WR and DB might come crashing into him. No conspiracy or anything, those are unofficial markers and they are supposed to get out of the way. Although they are supposed to drop them, not move with them. Anyways Stafford slides dead even with that stick and the guy in the orange vest holding it.

I think he really thought he had the first down. But I'm not going to argue with anyone here either. Just not worth it to me.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can agree with that.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF? Can't believe I just read that......You try to win every flipping game you play, if your worried about him getting hurt in a game that you say is " very clearly over" Then why the hell is the coach playing him?

That's not you TP, that's you defending the undefendable.....I like Stafford, but that was a PUSS play!

I'm far more worried about the next 5 games than getting a first down in a game that wasn't win-able at that point.

Yes, you try to win every game you play. Now if you think that first down that late in a game where we were down three scores would have made any difference in the outcome, then there's no sense trying to reason with you...

Last edited by a moderator:

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take on it was not that Stafford "pussed out". I think he was trying to slide to the first down marker, and forgot that they place the ball where you start the slide. I'm chalking it up to a brain fart rather than lack of toughness.