• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Matt Maiocco Latest Roster Projection

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Shame on the 49ers then. They should have cut him.

Why? Because he's charged with a misdemeanor? There's been way too much of a knee-jerk reaction to some of this stuff. Players still deserve some process. They shouldn't be found guilty in the court of public opinion simply because charges have been filed. A misdemeanor sexual battery could mean that he like grabbed her ass or something. I'm not condoning that behavior, by any means, but it's pretty minor in the grand scheme of things. Particularly in a league in which Greg Hardy is going to play in the first half of this season.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Re: Moody, I never liked Moody. He's got good athleticism, but he has never shown the instincts necessary to play ILB. He takes false steps, misses tackles, and even in coverage is not much better than Skov, who is far less athletic.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What a terrible roster. Not a strength at any position. Some decent speed and a lot of youth should make it fun though. Cutting Dockett should be the end for Baalke though. Baalke just does not have it as a talent evaluator.

Safety is extremely strong. I would think at least 26 other teams would exchange safety situations with us without thinking twice, and the six others would consider it (particularly if Seattle is without Chancellor). We have two pro bowl caliber starters, and three young and talented backups. We're really young most everywhere else except the left side of the OL, so there are a lot of question marks. DL looks promising, though, and TE could be a strength again. We're not in great shape by any means, but those writing us off as dead will probably be surprised. Though the start of our schedule is brutal, and could lead to a season snowballing out of control.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I read that as well, but that can be looked at as hope for the future or Baalke can also use that as an excuse for failure this and upcoming years. Spending all that money on Dockett and then getting nothing out of him looks really, really bad though. It will be interesting to see who develpos this season. Either way though I think we'll have seen the last of Kaepernick after this season.

I don't knock Baalke all that much for Dockett. Dockett was signed when our season looked very different. We thought we'd have Aldon, and stacking a passing down DL with Aldon, Tank, Dockett, and Lynch would have potentially looked really good. Perhaps more importantly, we thought we'd have Davis and Kilgore starting on the OL. What should have been a strong position group suddenly became an absolute liability. If anything, I give Baalke some credit for realizing that the losses of Davis and Aldon late in the offseason (in terms of player acquisition) signaled a youth movement, and cutting ties with a pricey, older FA. Most FO guys wouldn't be so willing to publicly acknowledge a mistake like that.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Niners Nation the starting CB position opposite Brock is in competition between Acker and Reader with Donate Johnson in the mix. Wright has officially fallen down the depth chart

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? Because he's charged with a misdemeanor? There's been way too much of a knee-jerk reaction to some of this stuff. Players still deserve some process. They shouldn't be found guilty in the court of public opinion simply because charges have been filed. A misdemeanor sexual battery could mean that he like grabbed her ass or something. I'm not condoning that behavior, by any means, but it's pretty minor in the grand scheme of things. Particularly in a league in which Greg Hardy is going to play in the first half of this season.
Yes. The fact that he allowed himself to be in that situation tells me he is unreliable. And didn't he have another alcohol-related incident over some keys where he either hit someone or was hit over the head with a bottle or was hit himself by a teammate?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Safety is extremely strong. I would think at least 26 other teams would exchange safety situations with us without thinking twice, and the six others would consider it (particularly if Seattle is without Chancellor). We have two pro bowl caliber starters, and three young and talented backups. We're really young most everywhere else except the left side of the OL, so there are a lot of question marks. DL looks promising, though, and TE could be a strength again. We're not in great shape by any means, but those writing us off as dead will probably be surprised. Though the start of our schedule is brutal, and could lead to a season snowballing out of control.
A case could be made for the Safety position. I was considering the defensive backfield as a whole.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yes. The fact that he allowed himself to be in that situation tells me he is unreliable. And didn't he have another alcohol-related incident over some keys where he either hit someone or was hit over the head with a bottle or was hit himself by a teammate?

He had an incident where he hit a teammate while drunk. Possibly with like a beer bottle? I can't recall.

Look, I'm all for coming down hard on guys who are convicted, but I don't think you cut a guy for misdemeanor conduct unless it's repetitive (see Smith, Aldon). And you certainly don't cut him before his case has even seen the light of day.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had an incident where he hit a teammate while drunk. Possibly with like a beer bottle? I can't recall.

Look, I'm all for coming down hard on guys who are convicted, but I don't think you cut a guy for misdemeanor conduct unless it's repetitive (see Smith, Aldon). And you certainly don't cut him before his case has even seen the light of day.
Didn't he also quit on the 49ers in the middle of a game because he wasn't starting or getting in on enough plays? I think he refused to go back in the game or something. The guy is a shitbird and we are better off without him.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Didn't he also quit on the 49ers in the middle of a game because he wasn't starting or getting in on enough plays? I think he refused to go back in the game or something. The guy is a shitbird and we are better off without him.

Now you're combining a number of different incidents. I'm surprised Brooks wasn't cut, but if he wasn't going into the offseason, I don't see the offseason charges being grounds to fire him.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you're combining a number of different incidents. I'm surprised Brooks wasn't cut, but if he wasn't going into the offseason, I don't see the offseason charges being grounds to fire him.

I think the plan was to cut him before all the departures left the team thin at that position.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Straw that broke the camel's back?