• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Matt Maiocco Latest Roster Projection

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Ahmad Brooks will be playing in season opener.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad that Hayne made the team. Its a good story. That is one tough white boy.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hard to argue with this. Slim chance they keep Hunter, but with M. Davis really don't need him. Any chance Purcell could end up higher on the depth chart other than by injury?
Was Dockett cut?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What a terrible roster. Not a strength at any position. Some decent speed and a lot of youth should make it fun though. Cutting Dockett should be the end for Baalke though. Baalke just does not have it as a talent evaluator.

everyone knows it begins and ends with Kaep. Since i'm not expecting a big jump or even two steps up from him, it then falls to the O-line. Unfortunately, from Pre-season we can already see our O-line isn't going to be "solid" by any means. I think we have no choice but lean run, and fans will grumble, call it conservative.

Run more and use short passes.

As the season wears on, maybe the O-line gets much better?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everyone knows it begins and ends with Kaep. Since i'm not expecting a big jump or even two steps up from him, it then falls to the O-line. Unfortunately, from Pre-season we can already see our O-line isn't going to be "solid" by any means. I think we have no choice but lean run, and fans will grumble, call it conservative.

Run more and use short passes.

As the season wears on, maybe the O-line gets much better?
As you said, unfortunately, the O Line is probably the wekest link on the team. When you have a skittish QB behind a suspect line it makes it even worse for him. Its going to be a long season but since there are no expectations perhaps we can just enjoy findung a few diamonds in the rough.

The line should be able to help the 49ers run a little but with no passing game, that's going to take a toll on Hyde. I'm going to enjoy watching Bowman run around like a mad man out there trying to make up for the deficiencies all around him.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a terrible roster. Not a strength at any position. Some decent speed and a lot of youth should make it fun though. Cutting Dockett should be the end for Baalke though. Baalke just does not have it as a talent evaluator.

Pretty tough to judge Baalke just yet. This team has been relying on veterans for the most part. Yes, the 2012 draft was a disaster although no one gets it right all the time. The team is starting a lot of young players this year. I read somewhere this is team is now the eighth youngest team in the league. In the next couple of years, we will really know how Baalke's draft picks turned out now that many of them will be playing.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty tough to judge Baalke just yet. This team has been relying on veterans for the most part. Yes, the 2012 draft was a disaster although no one gets it right all the time. The team is starting a lot of young players this year. I read somewhere this is team is now the eighth youngest team in the league. In the next couple of years, we will really know how Baalke's draft picks turned out now that many of them will be playing.
I read that as well, but that can be looked at as hope for the future or Baalke can also use that as an excuse for failure this and upcoming years. Spending all that money on Dockett and then getting nothing out of him looks really, really bad though. It will be interesting to see who develpos this season. Either way though I think we'll have seen the last of Kaepernick after this season.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that as well, but that can be looked at as hope for the future or Baalke can also use that as an excuse for failure this and upcoming years. Spending all that money on Dockett and then getting nothing out of him looks really, really bad though. It will be interesting to see who develpos this season. Either way though I think we'll have seen the last of Kaepernick after this season.

Pears, Wright, and Dockett all look like bad signings right now. We'll see about Kaepernick after the season starts.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pears, Wright, and Dockett all look like bad signings right now. We'll see about Kaepernick after the season starts.
Unfortunately I've seen nothing but regression from Kaepernick ever since that stellar game in Atalnta in the NFC Championship game. We'll know pretty quickly though whether he has gotten over his fear of throwing inside the hash marks; especially in the red zone. At least Gabbert is a functional substitute if Kaepernick completley shits the bed or continues to refuse to run the pass plays called.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately I've seen nothing but regression from Kaepernick ever since that stellar game in Atalnta in the NFC Championship game. We'll know pretty quickly though whether he has gotten over his fear of throwing inside the hash marks; especially in the red zone. At least Gabbert is a functional substitute if Kaepernick completley shits the bed or continues to refuse to run the pass plays called.

have you read what the coaches said abourt Kaepernick and Gabbert?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't open the link but I assume its more excuse making for Kaepernick's ineptitude?

The 49er coaches called the game differently between the two.

One reason the 49ers’ offense under quarterback Colin Kaepernick might not be quite as bad as the preseason suggests: the 49ers offense under Blaine Gabbert.

While Kaepernick has found pass rushers in his face on more than half of his dropbacks and has an ugly 47 passer rating through three games, Gabbert has looked far more comfortable, and his passer rating is an impressive 108.8.

That’s partly because the 49ers have been rolling Gabbert away from pressure. The designed rollouts, sometimes with a read-option element, allow him more time to throw, simplify his reads and take advantage of his athleticism.

The 49ers’ strategy this offseason has been to boost Gabbert’s confidence after a poor 2014 preseason during which he threw two interceptions, completed 46.8 percent of his passes and was booed by the home fans. And in that regard, the team has succeeded.

The plan with Kaepernick was the opposite: Take him out of his comfort zone.

There’s a lot of good things that are happening and you guys don’t know for a reason. So we keep everything in house. We’re working to make sure we’re ready for that first game.

49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, about his preseason

He’s capable of the same rollouts Gabbert has performed and the read-option likely will be a significant part of the offense just as it has been in previous seasons. But coach Jim Tomsula said he and his staff wanted to see Kaepernick and the offensive line in front of him in more drop-back situations.

“I want to know exactly what we have and I want to look at it,” Tomsula said on KNBR this week. “It might not look pretty on TV, and the things that we’re working out might not be what everybody wants to see, but we’re seeing what we need to see.”

Kaepernick also said he isn’t panicking about a preseason in which he has completed 5 of 13 passes.

“There’s a lot of good things that are happening, and you guys don’t know for a reason,” Kaepernick told reporters. “So we keep everything in-house. We’re working to make sure we’re ready for that first game.”

When the 49ers play the Minnesota Vikings in the Sept. 14 opener, Kaepernick will be able to audible out of plays he doesn’t like when he is surveying the defense. He didn’t have that option when the 49ers had the ball close to their own end zone Saturday against the Denver Broncos.

The right side of San Francisco’s offensive line allowed pressure, and Kaepernick was sacked for a safety. Tomsula said the 49ers didn’t game plan for that contest and Kaepernick couldn’t get out of that particular play call because it was the only one he had. The 49ers didn’t want to tip off upcoming opponents about their play of choice in a back-to-the-goal-line scenario.

Read more here: 49ers confident in offense despite paltry preseason numbers

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49er coaches called the game differently between the two.

One reason the 49ers’ offense under quarterback Colin Kaepernick might not be quite as bad as the preseason suggests: the 49ers offense under Blaine Gabbert.

While Kaepernick has found pass rushers in his face on more than half of his dropbacks and has an ugly 47 passer rating through three games, Gabbert has looked far more comfortable, and his passer rating is an impressive 108.8.

That’s partly because the 49ers have been rolling Gabbert away from pressure. The designed rollouts, sometimes with a read-option element, allow him more time to throw, simplify his reads and take advantage of his athleticism.

The 49ers’ strategy this offseason has been to boost Gabbert’s confidence after a poor 2014 preseason during which he threw two interceptions, completed 46.8 percent of his passes and was booed by the home fans. And in that regard, the team has succeeded.

The plan with Kaepernick was the opposite: Take him out of his comfort zone.

There’s a lot of good things that are happening and you guys don’t know for a reason. So we keep everything in house. We’re working to make sure we’re ready for that first game.

49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, about his preseason

He’s capable of the same rollouts Gabbert has performed and the read-option likely will be a significant part of the offense just as it has been in previous seasons. But coach Jim Tomsula said he and his staff wanted to see Kaepernick and the offensive line in front of him in more drop-back situations.

“I want to know exactly what we have and I want to look at it,” Tomsula said on KNBR this week. “It might not look pretty on TV, and the things that we’re working out might not be what everybody wants to see, but we’re seeing what we need to see.”

Kaepernick also said he isn’t panicking about a preseason in which he has completed 5 of 13 passes.

“There’s a lot of good things that are happening, and you guys don’t know for a reason,” Kaepernick told reporters. “So we keep everything in-house. We’re working to make sure we’re ready for that first game.”

When the 49ers play the Minnesota Vikings in the Sept. 14 opener, Kaepernick will be able to audible out of plays he doesn’t like when he is surveying the defense. He didn’t have that option when the 49ers had the ball close to their own end zone Saturday against the Denver Broncos.

The right side of San Francisco’s offensive line allowed pressure, and Kaepernick was sacked for a safety. Tomsula said the 49ers didn’t game plan for that contest and Kaepernick couldn’t get out of that particular play call because it was the only one he had. The 49ers didn’t want to tip off upcoming opponents about their play of choice in a back-to-the-goal-line scenario.

Read more here: 49ers confident in offense despite paltry preseason numbers
Thanks Patterson.