• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Matt Campbell signs extension through 2024

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Banking on Day not making it?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!

I never would have guessed he would have set himself back like this.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
176554_Matt-Campbell-by-David-Purdy-Getty-Images_ilikuj.jpg

Fireworks_JackTriceStadium.jpg

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Day doesn’t make it, he isn’t lasting 5 years.
True, but you never wait for your contact to run out... You either make a jump or get fired with a few years left

8085sooner

Homeboard Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what his new buyout is?

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This.

He probably just cut down the amount of suitors not so much whether he will be bought out.
He's an interesting guy. He sought ISU out, as much as ISU sought him out. When he was @ Toledo, he brought the Rockets to Ames for a game, and he was impressed with the passion of the fans and stuff like that. He told his wife that he wanted to coach at a place like that. Then, the opening came, and the interest was mutual. I must say, during the search, he was my preference. As Lee Corso would say: "First Guess!"

When asked about such things, he has clearly stated that he wants to win Championships, and he wants to do it at Iowa State. When asked about moving on, he states that it is an insult to Iowa State and to him that he cannot win @ Iowa State! Some people do not have wandering eyes, and he may be one of those guys much like Hayden Fry was @ Iowa. If so, ISU is in for an unprecedented stretch of success. So far, I like what I see!

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dang it, someone take this guy. Rhule has Baylor trending up, and this guy has Iowa state in the top 25 already. If les miles somehow gets Kansas decent the big 12 is going to be tough.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is interesting. I'm going to guess OSU going with Day was a big motivator here, as I'm sure Campbell would've been as good as gone if OSU came calling. He still faces an uphill battle. While he has some nice win in the last two years, he also has a couple of ugly losses and his last game was a 3 point win over a mediocre FCS team. That said, if he is able to start getting some midwest kids to buy in, I see no reason he can't be a perennial 10-win coach with the ebb and flow of the Big 12. If he's smart, he starts using his Ohio ties to go grab the kids that have been going to schools like Kentucky or MSU lately.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's an interesting guy. He sought ISU out, as much as ISU sought him out. When he was @ Toledo, he brought the Rockets to Ames for a game, and he was impressed with the passion of the fans and stuff like that. He told his wife that he wanted to coach at a place like that. Then, the opening came, and the interest was mutual. I must say, during the search, he was my preference. As Lee Corso would say: "First Guess!"

When asked about such things, he has clearly stated that he wants to win Championships, and he wants to do it at Iowa State. When asked about moving on, he states that it is an insult to Iowa State and to him that he cannot win @ Iowa State! Some people do not have wandering eyes, and he may be one of those guys much like Hayden Fry was @ Iowa. If so, ISU is in for an unprecedented stretch of success. So far, I like what I see!

Being a UT grad I knew he wasnt long for the school. If he tries to make it big at Iowa State that would be pretty cool

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for ISU and good on Matt Campbell. It's nice to see some loyalty.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is interesting. I'm going to guess OSU going with Day was a big motivator here, as I'm sure Campbell would've been as good as gone if OSU came calling. He still faces an uphill battle. While he has some nice win in the last two years, he also has a couple of ugly losses and his last game was a 3 point win over a mediocre FCS team. That said, if he is able to start getting some midwest kids to buy in, I see no reason he can't be a perennial 10-win coach with the ebb and flow of the Big 12. If he's smart, he starts using his Ohio ties to go grab the kids that have been going to schools like Kentucky or MSU lately.
He is already recruiting Cincinnati well. Right On about the nice wins, as ISU has beaten every team but Texas in the Big Xii in his 3 years. Not sure about the bad losses though, as the 4 losses this year were @ Iowa by 10 (QB knocked out of game in 4th quarter), Oklahoma by 10 (with a new QB), @ TCU by 3 (QB and RB knocked out of game in 4th quarter) and @ Texas by 14. Only the @ Texas game was not competitive. All four are Bowl teams, and the Cyclones still finished tied for 3rd in the Big Xii standings (and won the tie-breaker). fyi: Once Purdy (started the year as 3rd string QB) became the man, ISU was 7-1 down the stretch after a tough 1-3 start. Don't read much into the Drake game, as it was a last minute replacement game played after the Conference season on a muddy field in crappy weather when the players and fans were already thinking about a warm weather Bowl destination! Should not have been that close, but props to Drake.

Bawlz Deep

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't hurt that Matt doesn't come off like an asshat...looking at you Herman. He seems genuine, and it's obvious he can coach. Hopefully, he's gone after next season :-)

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to hate that guy.
Somebody go get him.
I know he is going to make it so when Big 12 teams slip up and lose to Iowas State it isn't going to as embarrassing. Can't have that or we will have stuff happening like Kansas being ranked.