• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Matt Barrows Draft Crush 2014

michaelwarner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would they have to trade up for him?

I'd think no but the general mock draft 'community', see it differently from NFL teams.

He seems to be one of the fastest risers in the draft. He could be there at 30. 50/50, I'd guess.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He seems to be one of the fastest risers in the draft. He could be there at 30. 50/50, I'd guess.

yeah, seems like it?

if they rank him highly and he's our guy, go get'm. we shouldn't wait till 30th because the general consensus show he's a "2nd rounder".

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
There's talk of him going in the first, but it's a little hard for me to believe. Who does he bump? How many WRs go in the first?

michaelwarner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, seems like it?

if they rank him highly and he's our guy, go get'm. we shouldn't wait till 30th because the general consensus show he's a "2nd rounder".

He's one of 31 players invited to the draft. He's not going in the 2nd. Possible, but doubtful.

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is it? Stuck at work and can't view the page if anyone would like to share :)

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
He's one of 31 players invited to the draft. He's not going in the 2nd. Possible, but doubtful.

He may well go in the 1st round, but I wouldn't base it on him receiving an invite. The league had a number of guys attend the draft last year who were taken on the second day.

michaelwarner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may well go in the 1st round, but I wouldn't base it on him receiving an invite. The league had a number of guys attend the draft last year who were taken on the second day.

True. But he has been one of the most talked about players in the process since he blew up his pro day and the league issued an invite based on his draft stock rising. Most legit mocks I've seen in the last week are starting to include him. He's definitely in the mix for the bottom half of the 1st round.

michaelwarner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's talk of him going in the first, but it's a little hard for me to believe. Who does he bump? How many WRs go in the first?

Crimson, I totally have no idea. It's crazy what's happening right now. McCarron has even been told he'll go somewhere between 16-35. Kony Ealy is being talked about as a fringe 1st rounder when he seem destined to go in anywhere from 10-20. This draft process is so crazy.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I guarantee several of those 31 players will be drafted in the second. And possibly later. The draft invitations are a joke these days.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Crimson, I totally have no idea. It's crazy what's happening right now. McCarron has even been told he'll go somewhere between 16-35. Kony Ealy is being talked about as a fringe 1st rounder when he seem destined to go in anywhere from 10-20. This draft process is so crazy.

Yeah, who knows? I think at the WR position in particular, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. After the first two guys, I have very little idea what the order will be for guys like 3-10.

michaelwarner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, who knows? I think at the WR position in particular, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. After the first two guys, I have very little idea what the order will be for guys like 3-10.

Absolutely. It does appear that Beckham is gaining steam as the top of the next tier. Cooks, Lee, Latimer appear to be near locks for the 1st. Matthews, Benjamin, Adams, and Robinson all in play as well. Crazy.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I hope someone not named Trent Baalke makes the mistake of drafting ODB high when they can get a better version of him (Jordan Matthews) lower.

michaelwarner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope someone not named Trent Baalke makes the mistake of drafting ODB high when they can get a better version of him (Jordan Matthews) lower.

IMO, Beckham has much higher value because he improves our return game. He's much more explosive than Matthews.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
just want Baalke to get the guy he REALLY wants, whether CB, WR, or other position. Baalke can't be influenced by how the general mocks place the players. if he trades up for Latimer, fine with me.

if no deal happens, then don't force a trade up. cause not worrying about the 30th pick, we'll still get a good player.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
MY 'draft crush' would be a quality pass rusher, closely followed by CB. but there doesn't appear to be a pass rusher we'd trade up for? so that leaves CB and not being a "draft-nik" by any means, don't know who fits us best?

so i'll just go with Gilbert and his long arms.

why CB? we have enough offense between the 20's, so wouldn't worry if we get that 'burner' or not. but we face good passing teams and good passers, who don't rely on quality WR's. as such, my opinion is lean towards pass defense vice pass offense. our pass offense comes down to Kaep really, not a 3rd WR who can stretch the field.

Last edited by a moderator:

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MY 'draft crush' would be a quality pass rusher, closely followed by CB. but there doesn't appear to be a pass rusher we'd trade up for? so that leaves CB and not being a "draft-nik" by any means, don't know who fits us best?

why CB? we have enough offense between the 20's, so wouldn't worry if we get that 'burner' or not. but we face good passing teams and good passers, who don't rely on quality WR's. as such, my opinion is lean towards pass defense vice pass offense. our pass offense comes down to Kaep really, not a 3rd WR who can stretch the field.

Last season our redzone offense was 15th in the league while our total offense was 24th. If we have enough offense between the 20's then I would say we have more than enough in the redzone. What am I missing?

You sure you're not confusing 2013 with 2011?

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I don't know if they are or are not putting much of an emphasis on a quality pass rusher... But they still have players that they haven't even tapped into from the last draft (Dial and Carradine, as well as Lemoneir to a point). So that might explain why there hasn't been a lot of pre-draft buzz on D-lineman or rush-backers?