• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Matt Barkley

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we found a gem in Barkley then we could use that early pick on a difference maker or trade down for more picks. That would solidify QB and Play maker. But to think Barkley is the answer is just down right stupid. This guy can't play at this level and may be the absolute worse QB ever trotted out by the Bears. Or I'm completely wrong like I was this week. Naw I can't be wrong Barkley sucks monkey balls. You guys need to wake up. Just to think I'm excited to see Barkley play this week sickens me and tells me I need help. You guys too. If only we had a board we could go to, to talk about our infliction and support each other.

Just to think I'm excited to see Barkley play this week sickens me and tells me I need help.

I could not agree with you more. 100% how I feel.

I am excited to watch Barkley play again, and feel quite stupid for that being the case. 50% because a week ago, I had already pegged him as one of the worst QB's ever to get a start with the Bears. Which is QUITE the damning label to give out. The other 50% is because I'm afraid he still might suck just enough to ALSO make me look stupid for ever feeling optimistic about him.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bingo. I want to root for him but am afraid too. Every brain cell left alive tells me not to have hope. The dead ones died of laughter when they found out what I was thinking.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Barkley looked good against a bad defense. He's earned the opportunity, let's see what he does with it. There's nothing wrong with cheering him on, but expecting him to fail.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Barkley looked good against a bad defense. He's earned the opportunity, let's see what he does with it. There's nothing wrong with cheering him on, but expecting him to fail.

Well, he sees another poor defense in San Fran on Sunday. I almost don't mind that he's getting eased in like this. A little bit of a confidence booster.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Their secondary is garbage, but their front 4 is pretty dang good. He stood in there tough, with great poise, against formidable pressure.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their secondary is garbage, but their front 4 is pretty dang good. He stood in there tough, with great poise, against formidable pressure.

What may be more impressive is how well our patchwork line did against that pass rush. Not to mention, managing to run block well enough to average over 4 YPC.

San Fran is horrific all over on D. One of the worst run defense's from a statistical stand point in the modern era of football. I expect a lot of Jordan Howard (I am certainly playing him on draftkings this week), and certainly less than 54 attempts from Barkley. However, we could see an even more efficient outing. Perhaps #1 on my list of what I'd like to see from Barkley: No turnovers.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No turnovers, should have asked for no drops too Richig.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be surprised if he can keep it up, but I am DEFINITELY rooting for this kid.

It's instinctive to dismiss what he's done these last two weeks as whatever.....whatever excuse or justification, but the fact is, he has played outstanding the last two weeks.

I would LLLLLOOOOVVVVE to see that continue.

Last edited:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's no fluke. The guy was thought of as a possible top overall pick and then got injured. He is healthy again. It's not like he is coming out of nowhere.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's no fluke. The guy was thought of as a possible top overall pick and then got injured. He is healthy again. It's not like he is coming out of nowhere.

Eh... it didn't quite go like that. He was pretty underwhelming towards the end of his USC career and was a circus act in his appearances with Philly. He also looked pretty damn awful in the 2nd half vs GB.

I agree that he looks quite solid, but this most DEFINITELY an unprecedented couple of games he has strung together.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was underwhelming after his shoulder injury. He was considered the top QB pick before the injury. He is healed now. He was rated the number 1 QB in his senior year of HS across the whole country. I'm just saying this guy was always expected to be a NFL star.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, while I'm not without optimism for Barkley, we get to see him at least 4 more times. So I will continue to observe, and fortunately, not give a final judgement until after game 16. And that is the beauty of Jay and Co. being on IR.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, while I'm not without optimism for Barkley, we get to see him at least 4 more times. So I will continue to observe, and fortunately, not give a final judgement until after game 16. And that is the beauty of Jay and Co. being on IR.

Yeah. I think it's important to wait and see his body of work as a whole.

We'll also get to see him with Alshon the final three. It will be interesting to see if Alshon posts better numbers with Barkley, than the underwhelming totals he posted most of this year when he was out there.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope AJ learns to dive at balls. This annoying run after the catch thing AJ likes drives me crazy.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This coming week is going to be the first test for me. If Barkley passes the eye test, I will begin to get excited about future prospects.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This coming week is going to be the first test for me. If Barkley passes the eye test, I will begin to get excited about future prospects.

I agree.

Like I said, I'm intrigued by his play... but gun to the head. I'm still likely betting that his career as a starter doesn't much go anywhere.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He could end up being the best quarterback of the draft. Yeah, I know, its not saying much considering EJ Manuel, Geno Smith and Mike Glennon were the three taken ahead of him, but there was talk of his going earlier until he missed the USC regular season finale and sun bowl.

To me the guy kinda looks big, a little bit out of shape, so I think we really see some focus with him this off season since it will probably the one realistic chance he has to win a job. We can use some swifter feet back there, but getting rid of the ball will always beat that in todays nfl when a flyby of a defender usually picks up a 15 yard penalty.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could end up being the best quarterback of the draft. Yeah, I know, its not saying much considering EJ Manuel, Geno Smith and Mike Glennon were the three taken ahead of him, but there was talk of his going earlier until he missed the USC regular season finale and sun bowl.

On a side note, Mike Glennon is a guy I wouldn't mind targeting in the off-season as a less-expensive starter candidate. He's another that was well thought of coming out of college who really never got a full chance at being a starter and developing.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a side note, Mike Glennon is a guy I wouldn't mind targeting in the off-season as a less-expensive starter candidate. He's another that was well thought of coming out of college who really never got a full chance at being a starter and developing.

Agreed. He actually looked good in quite a few games. I've read that there's a lot of scouts who like him too.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sign Barkey & Glennon & draft QB round one. Let them fight it out.. These last 4 games will decide our future moves. IMO. We could be drafting anywhere from 3 to 16 in the first round. 16 would be with 4 more wins, not likely.