• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Masahiro Tanaka

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to find a way to sign this guy. Its going to take a lot of money to do so but I honestly think our pitching staff would dominate MLB if he signs with us. Baseball is all about pitching and he would would be an outstanding addition to our staff.

I know that we have to lock up Kershaw and Brian Wilson, and also sign Alexander Guerrero, but we can't pass up on this guy at all. Bills or Fife would be the #5 until Lee is ready.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Acu_tWYNNpA]Masahiro Tanaka highlights - YouTube[/ame]

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if the Dodgers will sign him - my thinking is that because they're not interested in Cano, that tells me they're not going to make any big time signings from outside the organization

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if the Dodgers will sign him - my thinking is that because they're not interested in Cano, that tells me they're not going to make any big time signings from outside the organization

I don't think it's that they're not interested in signing Cano, it's that they're not interested in signing for the number of years that it's rumored he's likely going to want.

They don't want to be like the Angels with Pujols!!

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's that they're not interested in signing Cano, it's that they're not interested in signing for the number of years that it's rumored he's likely going to want.

Yeah that's pretty much what I meant - those contracts are killers

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Dodgers can still put together a great staff without signing Tanaka, but I'm sure the Dodgers will kick some tires. You never know, they might get into the thick of things.

I would like to see Wilson come back next year, but I have to believe he wants a Closers job which means he will probably look elsewhere.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the Yankees take a run at him now that Rivera is retiring.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to find a way to sign this guy. Its going to take a lot of money to do so but I honestly think our pitching staff would dominate MLB if he signs with us. Baseball is all about pitching and he would would be an outstanding addition to our staff.

I know that we have to lock up Kershaw and Brian Wilson, and also sign Alexander Guerrero, but we can't pass up on this guy at all. Bills or Fife would be the #5 until Lee is ready.

Masahiro Tanaka highlights - YouTube
Tanaka has nasty movement dayum!! :nod:

Old1949

Geriatric Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That video above is the first time I've seen Tanaka. With his slow motion delivery, he looks like he'd be easy to steal on. Anybody know how that's gone for him?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that's pretty much what I meant - those contracts are killers

Yeah they are. I understand why the Angels did it, they were hoping to get a World Series or 2 in the first 5 years of the contract. Hasn't worked. Don't think many teams are going to be real interested in going down that road with an older player after seeing that.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That video above is the first time I've seen Tanaka. With his slow motion delivery, he looks like he'd be easy to steal on. Anybody know how that's gone for him?

Tanaka has a hesitation kind of like Hideo Nomo and I think Nomo did ok with runners on. Maybe no one ever gets on base against Tanaka!!

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After we make our best effort to sign Hanley, Clayton and Wilson and if the owners still want to write checks.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they can add Tanaka and Guerrero, they are going to be scary next year. Should avoid going for Cano, use the money to re-sign the best pitcher in baseball, Kershaw.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they can add Tanaka and Guerrero, they are going to be scary next year. Should avoid going for Cano, use the money to re-sign the best pitcher in baseball, Kershaw.

I wish we could get rid of Beckett's salary and use it toward Tanaka. Cano is a big NO as Guerrero will do the job just fine. We need to resign Wilson even if we give him closer money. He is lights out and will only get better with his velocity getting better.

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty much exactly this

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly they are more worried about the years than the money! If Cano agreed to a 5 year deal (which he probably wont) I would be ok with signing him but nothing over that. Personally I say let the Yankees pay him.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He doesn't have such a slow delivery out of the stretch.

==========

I'm always happy to add a great pitcher at the right price. I think this guy will sign elsewhere though (Yankees, most likely. Angels, Giants, and Mets also see like logical landing spots).