• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marvin Jones Hurt

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
screws inserted into his foot. Out "a few weeks" which probably means the season.

Did anyone have him in the injury pool?

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll have his leg amputated no doubt. I fully expect him to miss the season. No biggie though, Sanu and Sanz get more action and Eifert and Gio see more looks. The offense will be okay.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
screws inserted into his foot. Out "a few weeks" which probably means the season.

Did anyone have him in the injury pool?

I imagine Sanzenbacher is a shoe in now along with Cobi Hamilton.

#1 Green
#2 Sanu
#3 Sanzenbacher
#4 Hamilton
#5 Tate
#6 Wright

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing we still have baby hawk....oh wait.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oops there goes another rubber tree plant.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green and then......

Sanu? Nice 3-4 game span as a rookie. Injured and then inconsistent since that point. He's thrown 2 terrific passes - So I guess there's that. But look closer at last season. The guy probably cost us two games. His fumble in Chicago changed the entire game and his drop in Miami probably cost us a win. Aside from Hobs spectacular offseason bullshit about how great he is, I remain unconvinced.

Eifert? If the guy was a 3rd rounder from last year, nobody would even mention him. Great catch in Detroit. Nice garbage time TD in Pittsburgh. Nice gain on a busted coverage at home against Pittsburgh. Can you name one other thing the dude did last year?

Dane? He's a Buckeye so I'm sure most of our fans will overrate him. He was cut by Chicago for a reason.... He's not nearly as good as Baby Hawk and yet everyone thinks he's the same player? Really?

Tate? LOLOLOLOLOLOLLOL!!!!

Hamilton? Terrible. Try again.

Marvin Jones demonstrated real talent last season.... And he bailed Dalton out a number of times during the season. Make no mistake, if he's out it's a big blow.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanu can be a legit #2 receiver. he is just better suited to be a slot receiver as he has that slash factor, he can take wildcat snaps, pass, he's just very athletic. similar to Hawkins, we've only seen a sampling of what he's capable of, maybe he struggled a bit, but he hasn't really shown what he can do.

Jones should just take his time coming back. screws in the foot sounds like it hurts... 3 weeks is too soon. I'd give him about 8 weeks.

also, Eifert was selected in the FIRST ROUND
he didn't have huge numbers mainly due to Gresham taking playing time, so much for the 2 tight end formation.

I don't like Tate, but he's hard to cut... just when we're sick of him he does something special that makes us scratch our heads. he's about average for a #3 receiver I guess. not sure what you expect there.
Sanz and Hamilton are roster fillers and in spite of making great plays now and then we never expected much from them anyway.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanu is a 'legit #2' according to whom? He is no better than a 3rd WR, and after that, the WR lineup is laughable. This is a big blow.

And when did screws in your foot only equal 'a few weeks?' Is the Reds medical staff taking over?

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's out until at least the bye..... No doubt.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a better WR than Sanu, but Sanu is the better athlete. Jones isn't that much better.

yea, screws in the foot does sound like it hurts.
I don't see him starting against the patriots in NE though, maybe easing in when we play the Panthers and taking the starting roll back against the Jags in October. no point in ending his career by aggravating it.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I consider our starting WR core:

Double TE formation with Gresham and Eifert, and Green and Sanu on the outside, with Bernard in the backfield.

Or..

Single TE, with Gresham or Eifert at TE, Green and Sanu on the outside, with Bernard and Hill both in the backfield in a jetpack type of formation.

Our top 4 WR's (with Jones out) are:

Green
Eifert
Sanu
Gresham

That is still not that bad. That is probably still better than Baltimore's WR core. lol

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure Hue is that creative, but I do agree that Bernard's receiving ability has a tendency to go under the radar.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure Hue is that creative, but I do agree that Bernard's receiving ability has a tendency to go under the radar.

Also, the reason we drafted Hill over Wells (supposedly), was because he was a more complete back and was a good receiver out of the backfield as well. Also, it looks like Jackson is going to implement a lot more RB screens to slow down the rush of opposing defenses.

So if you add Bernard and Hill into that equation, it isn't like we have nothing on offense to play with. The offense will be just fine without Jones, even though it is clearly stronger with him in there.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we'll have plenty of formations with our 3rd TE playing fullback I'm sure.