• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Agents of SHIELD

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who else is excited for this show???

Even though i am not expecting it to be great, i know i will love it...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will watch it, but I wish it were on another network. FOX or CW would have been better networks for something like this.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm being open minded but have an overwhelming feeling this will be a chick show disguised as a nerd show. The Marvel fans will tune in so you have that audience and it's on a predominantly female oriented network so it will be geared toward them. Brilliant on their part but I'm approaching this with caution.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will watch it, but I wish it were on another network. FOX or CW would have been better networks for something like this.

Agreed. But Starz or HBO would of been even better.

Given what network it's on, it will be required to have plots or characters involving:

Gay marriage
Gays and transgenders
Gay bullying
Autistic children
Token Latinos
Evil Republicans
Hero Democrats
Victimization of females by evil males.
Women are always the smart ones.
Women who weigh 100 pounds can beat up groups of men the size of NFL players with martial arts.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed it, doggonnit! What happened, already?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. But Starz or HBO would of been even better.

Given what network it's on, it will be required to have plots or characters involving:

Gay marriage
Gays and transgenders
Gay bullying
Autistic children
Token Latinos
Evil Republicans
Hero Democrats
Victimization of females by evil males.
Women are always the smart ones.
Women who weigh 100 pounds can beat up groups of men the size of NFL players with martial arts.

HBO would try to make the show TOO gritty (same with FX or AMC) and nobody gets STARZ.

USA and SyFy would give the show too small of a budget.

Fox has done SciFi right in the past (X-Files, Fringe) and CW already has earned the comic-book nod (Smallville). ABC did have Lost, so I guess I need to give them SOME benefit of the doubt going in. While I like Once Upon a Time, I hope this does not go that route. It is too sappy of a show for what I want SHIELD to be.

Last edited by a moderator:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it. It's already 95% better than anything else on the major networks. But will it be able to make it to a season 2.

The show is very typical Wheden. Bunch of misfits join up to do work and become a sudo family.

Chloe Bennet as Skye is ridiculous. But looks exactly like your typical Whedon eye candy brought in to get the nerds drooling and just enough "girl-power" schtick to attract the nerdy female audience as well.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it. It's already 95% better than anything else on the major networks. But will it be able to make it to a season 2.

The show is very typical Wheden. Bunch of misfits join up to do work and become a sudo family.

Chloe Bennet as Skye is ridiculous. But looks exactly like your typical Whedon eye candy brought in to get the nerds drooling and just enough "girl-power" schtick to attract the nerdy female audience as well.

Yeah, she's some pretty awesome eye candy alright. :agree:

Jordan-esque

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last few episodes aka the "Uprising Arc" tie-in to Captain America: The Winter Soldier dramatically improved the theme of the show.

The show's first 6-7 episodes felt like a teeny "Buffy", but now especially after the arc, it's becoming more like "Person of Interest" and everyone's more grown up.

Next week's episode will be the aftermath of The Winter Soldier.

Btw, I think I have a good theory who The Clairvoyant is... Starts with a "U"

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed last nights episode cause I got tickets to the A&M baseball game.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed last nights episode cause I got tickets to the A&M baseball game.

I was watching the Giants game, then finished Mad Men S6 on Netflix last night. I will watch last nights Shield tonight.

The show has definitely gotten better after a semi-rough first few episodes. While it is not yet must-see, it is a good show that I am glad exists.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last few episodes aka the "Uprising Arc" tie-in to Captain America: The Winter Soldier dramatically improved the theme of the show.

The show's first 6-7 episodes felt like a teeny "Buffy", but now especially after the arc, it's becoming more like "Person of Interest" and everyone's more grown up.

Next week's episode will be the aftermath of The Winter Soldier.

Btw, I think I have a good theory who The Clairvoyant is... Starts with a "U"

I agree, the show was a little campy for a while... It has actually gotten exciting and relatively good recently... Still not the greatest show, but was never expecting it to be, but it is finally good enough to justify me watching it every week...

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you haven't seen the season 2 finale then don't read this post.

Really bummed Skye's Dad is no longer going to be on the show. I thought he was clearly the best actor on the show, even if his role wasn't as major as some of the other characters. They got me with the twist again this year, they did a fine job of misdirection, revealing at the end that Skye's Dad was actually a good-hearted dude. Looking back I probably should have expected it since there really wasn't an obvious villain for most of the season, but I'm looking forward to see this series continue, even if the acting isn't top notch 100% of the time.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you haven't seen the season 2 finale then don't read this post.

Really bummed Skye's Dad is no longer going to be on the show. I thought he was clearly the best actor on the show, even if his role wasn't as major as some of the other characters. They got me with the twist again this year, they did a fine job of misdirection, revealing at the end that Skye's Dad was actually a good-hearted dude. Looking back I probably should have expected it since there really wasn't an obvious villain for most of the season, but I'm looking forward to see this series continue, even if the acting isn't top notch 100% of the time.

I really enjoyed this season. Right now this blows Gotham, The Flash, and Arrow out of the water as far as comic book related shows go. Sucks that it took 15 episodes into season 1 to get really good, but since then the writing has been excellent.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really enjoyed this season. Right now this blows Gotham, The Flash, and Arrow out of the water as far as comic book related shows go. Sucks that it took 15 episodes into season 1 to get really good, but since then the writing has been excellent.

Definitely agree, but I've watched a couple of episodes of Daredevil and I have to admit, it already has better choreographed fight scenes than any Marvel show. It has a good amount of blood and even a very slight boob-shot. Daredevil might win me over as the best Marvel series right now, it puts that terrible 2003 movie to shame twice over.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely agree, but I've watched a couple of episodes of Daredevil and I have to admit, it already has better choreographed fight scenes than any Marvel show. It has a good amount of blood and even a very slight boob-shot. Daredevil might win me over as the best Marvel series right now, it puts that terrible 2003 movie to shame twice over.

Still have not finished Daredevil, but so far it has been great. That scene at the end of episode two ( I think) when he beats the shit out of all the Russians in a hallway was just amazing.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know season 2 was not that interesting.

I agree... this show is starting to lose me as a fan. I enjoy Arrow and The Flash much more than SHIELD. The sophomoric Arrow and The Flash function as my guilty pleasure brain candy... with more to come from CW Network as the Arrow and The Flash spin-off series, DC's Legends of Tomorrow arrives next year...

...see my thread for the DC's LoT trailer:

DC's Legends of Tomorrow | SportsHoopla.com Sports Forums