• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Martellus Bennett

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't play fantasy football, but I have to chime in.

Bennett is the best TE the Bears have had in a long time.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Bennetts own words, he likes mark trestman because he "lets him be himself" Other coaches rode him because of his lethargic approach to plays on the field. Thats why he left new york. we will see when it bites us.

Bennett spoke on why he likes Trestman on the Jay Cutler show.

He said that he likes Trestman because he's an offensive minded coach who loves to teach.

Bennett has a reputation for being a "student of the game", and everyone on the Bears says he never stops asking questions to Trestman. To the point where they make fun of him for doing so, because he prolongs meetings. Cutler took a few shots at him on the show as well, it was actually a very entertaining hour to listen to. Bennett should be a comedian, he had me cracking up a couple of times.

Trestman's nickname for Bennett is "rain man", because he figured out his offense so quickly.

I know that sounds silly, considering Bennett's rep is as a "class clown". However, he apparently also has a huge reputation for being a smart player. Which is why he loves Trestman... who loves to teach younger guys.

I know you automatically jump to assuming the worst possible scenario on any given topic, but Bennett/Trestman seems like a match made in heaven.

RaptorII

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously?
The idiot thinks he is going to tear-down Bennett and Trestman here?