• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marshall, Masset

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No surprise on Masset. I figured his career was over last year. Now he's a free agent. Good luck, Hound!
Marshall? Aren't we lucky we have Manny Parra, after all?

Sean Marshall yet to resume throwing
-- CBSSports.com
Reds pitcher Sean Marshall (shoulder) has not resumed throwing, the Cincinnati Enquirer reports Friday. Marshall has been doing strength exercises and could begin throwing in 7-10 days, head trainer Paul Lessard told MLB.com.

Nick Masset set for season-ending surgery

Reds reliever Nick Masset will have surgery at some point next week to repair thoracic outlet syndrome, the Cincinnati Enquirer reports.

Masset started the season on the disabled list and has not pitched since the 2011 regular season because of recurring issues. The right-hander is expected to miss the remainder of the season and is expected to become a free agent in 2014.

th

eburg5000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say Marshall is pretty much done for the rest of the year.

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We used to bash Para on here early in the year but Mr. Parra has been the most improved player on this squad. He has certainly valuable out of the pen.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, Mr. Parra, is herpes, in remission. Until there is a cure, he's due for a flare up. I'd like to get Marshall back, if he can be what he should be. As soon as possible...before Manny Parra starts becoming what he should be- trouble.

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you can't complain now can you? Marshall has been known to have his flare ups too. I watched Parra last week throw 95 and 96 mph fast balls with movement and he was hitting his spots. You really can't do it much better than that. He certainly wasn't hitting 95 on the gun earlier in the year. Again, thank Price the pitching Coach who is an immortal GOD!

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parra realized his chance of getting some playoff gravy meant sticking with the team.
When he was sent out for his "injury," I think he got a come-to-Hay-soos moment.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The latest on Marshall is that he probably won't be back.
Guess we live and die with Parra.

Dusty Baker not optimistic about Sean Marshall
-- CBSSports.com
Reds manager Dusty Baker doesn't expect to have lefty Sean Marshall back this year, according to the Cincinnati Enquirer.

Marshall has been out since late May with a shoulder sprain. He has yet to resume throwing. When asked whether (he) will be back, Baker said "I’m not expecting it." Marshall has a 2.57 ERA in seven innings.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Reds got Massett for Griffey. That's a future trivia question. Griffey was a warning track power .249 hitter, that was too lazy and/or crippled to run hard at the time. Massett probably gave us a better year or two than KGJ would have.

The Reds gave up Travis Wood, and 2 others for Marshall, then gave him an extension and a raise. It's substantially more investment in Marshall than Massett. Parra CAN turn around, but he never has had success until this year. Im not convinced, but I'll take the outs as long as he's capable of getting them.