• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mark Sanchez to the Buffalo Bills?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brett Favre might be available after his HOF induction.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the time it looked like New England was in serious trouble and Buffalo was playing well. I imagine the front office realized their best chance to win the division was with Orton and it probably was. Personally, I don't really understand why everyone expects a rookie QB to come in and dominate on day 1. I only saw Manuel a couple of times but it looks like he has all the tools to be a solid NFL QB. Sitting behind a veteran like Orton was probably the best thing for him.

Yeah that probably played into it. Turned out to not be the best decision. Sure they had a winning record but still. I only saw Manuel play a few times and sure he looked a tad rusty but he was a rookie but he still seemed to have command of the team and a prescence with them. Ortan was a vetran sure but was he really the best option as well?

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about Buffalo is that they have an awesome defense, they have some good young receivers, and their RB backfield isn't elite but it's not the worst either. If they could just get other defenses to respect the pass they would be hard to stop but in the meantime they'll see a lot of stacked boxes. They are a QB away from being playoff contenders but unfortunately for them there isn't anything in the draft or free agency that will help them out much unless there is a pro-style D2 player I haven't seen. The frontrunner D1 QBs that played for elite programs in the 2015 draft are basically a waste of a first round pick.

Agreed. So why would you want someone like Sanchez? He lead the high powered Chip Kelly coached Philly offense to?

The couch.

There's gotta be someone better.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Sanchez couldn't succeed with Chip Kelly and the Eagles he ain't going to succeed in Buffalo.

They finally won a game in Foxboro, if they want to wait another 5 years to do it again they should sign Sanchez.

If they can't sign a decent replacement they should draft again.

Sanchez is a backup. A decent backup but if you play him more than a few games the other D's will figure him out pretty quickly. This year was a good example. Wins 3 of his first 4 games before tanking. He can hold the fort for a bit but he ins't anyone's long term solution

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EJ - Was benched because he had NO idea how to read a defense pre-snap. He had NO accuracy down field. He had NO touch on his short throws. In short, he just wasn't ready. He took the benching like a man and hopefully he learned something.

Cutler - TOTAL waste of money. Orton took the Broncos to the playoffs that Cutler couldn't. Jeesh, Josh McCown outplayed Cutler in Chicago!

RG3 - Another waste. Too fragile for cold Buffalo. He thinks he's too good. He thinks he's better than Shanahan, Gruden and everyone else.

Sanchez - Butt fumble? Really?

The owner in Washington didn't help the RG III thing. When you have a billionaire telling a young man he's above the coaches and GM you're just asking him to get a big head. Totally agree with the fragile part. He needs to take a page from Wilson's book and learn to not take the big hits.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. So why would you want someone like Sanchez? He lead the high powered Chip Kelly coached Philly offense to?

The couch.

Yup.... and that in an offense that was designed to expose defensive movements - in fact forced many into vanilla approaches - and create major mismatches where players would be running wide open.

Sanchez made quite a few mistakes in there. Also, he eliminated the deep threat pretty much all by himself. The only legit (i.e. not into triple coverage, woefully under- or overthrown and somewhere within 10 yards of the WR) deep throw I remember him throwing this season is the one against the Texans - which was short!

Sanchez is - at best - a capable back up, but if you have to rely on him to go anywhere - which you have to in all but dumpster-fire divisions, he will not succeed as things are now...

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The couch.

But if the kicker hits those VERY makeable FG's in the Dallas game they could very well have made the playoffs

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if the kicker hits those VERY makeable FG's in the Dallas game they could very well have made the playoffs

Or was that the Washington game? They all blend at this point

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please take him!

I seriously think Sanchez won't get another shot to start for a good team. He showed during his extended audition in Philly that he just doesn't have it. OK backup but that is about it.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched RGIII closely for a couple of games he played after being benched.
He's regressed.
He still takes huge hits.
He lost his speed due to injury and now has to adjust to being a pocket passer.
He hasn't fully adjusted yet, and after 3 years its not clear that he can adjust.
Also, he's not a leader inspiring confidence in his teammates.

Cutler > RGIII (2014 version).