• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

mariotta to the bears??

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why not...its not like jay culter isnt rumored to be cut anyway. package him up and cut your losses. and a lot easier to trade up from 7th than it is from 20th , no?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody should trade up for Mr. One and Run. Mariota projects poorly to the NFL.

Bears are supposedly going to a 3-4 so they need personnel that fit that. Danny Shelton, Dante Fowler, or Vic Beasley all make sense. Trae Waynes also might be viable to fix one of the worst secondaries in the NFL.

That defense is atrocious and this draft is LOADED with GREAT defensive prospects (even better for 3-4 teams). Bears would be stupid to trade likely a 2016 1st rounder along with this years. That's about what it'd take value chart wise.

Otherwise it'd be 1st, 3rd, 5th, and next years 2nd or something. WAY too much loss going into a new defensive scheme and a team that desperately needs to admit full rebuild.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody should trade up for Mr. One and Run. Mariota projects poorly to the NFL.

Bears are supposedly going to a 3-4 so they need personnel that fit that. Danny Shelton, Dante Fowler, or Vic Beasley all make sense. Trae Waynes also might be viable to fix one of the worst secondaries in the NFL.

That defense is atrocious and this draft is LOADED with GREAT defensive prospects (even better for 3-4 teams). Bears would be stupid to trade likely a 2016 1st rounder along with this years. That's about what it'd take value chart wise.

Otherwise it'd be 1st, 3rd, 5th, and next years 2nd or something. WAY too much loss going into a new defensive scheme and a team that desperately needs to admit full rebuild.
I do agree with most of your post, but I do think Mariota can be good in the nfl. I think just about any first rounder can be good in the nfl if they are developed properly. At this point in time, Mariota would be a good pick to sit behind cutler and learn. He's obviously not a great mentor, but being able to sit on the bench and learn has helped plenty of QBs before him. I think this is the prime year for the bears to pick a QB. However, it is at the expense of some near can't miss defensive studs that could be plugged right into the new scheme.