• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Mariners Roadtrip: April 5th - 10th

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I truly believe the collective team soul has died. Three years of being let down by their owner while trading away team favorites has caught up with them. The level of concentration is just missing. You can almost see it in their eyes. No way to prove it, but it is like watching funeral.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so done with Servais saying after each game, "you gotta tip your hat to <insert Starting Pitcher>... He was hitting his spots tonight"...

Lineman16

Yep
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
world fails GIF

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I truly believe the collective team soul has died. Three years of being let down by their owner while trading away team favorites has caught up with them. The level of concentration is just missing. You can almost see it in their eyes. No way to prove it, but it is like watching funeral.
It just makes you wonder what the real plan is.

I sense an attempt to move them.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they lose every effin game, and I mean that … After the last 2 utter disgusting off-seasons that slapped every Mariners fan in the face, eff um… This team was SO close to something special, it really was … 2 offseason destroyed it all…

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It’s very ironic how you posted that and felt the same thing that I saw and felt as I watched last night ball game on the MLB channel

Multiple camera, scans and views of the players on the rail in the dugout during the game and their faces were just simply faces of defeated, sad and utterly despaired and defeated human beings.

Their facial expressions were just as you stated, like their soul and life had just been sucked out of them. I eerily thought the exact same thing as what you posted as I watched the game.

And we were not facing a real strong Toronto ball club last night. If I remember correctly, they were coming into the game with the exact same win loss record as us.

I see a lot more of the same continuing all spring long and I just don’t think there’s any Midsummer magic at all in that clubhouse.

It’s very possible that this ball club could slip into the abyss, and finish this season with 100 losses from what I’m seeing thus far.

Also… you know the players in that Mariners dugout see the success that their just realeased teammates are having with their new ball clubs. They’re all killing it.

Teo, Kelenic and Suarez are off to fantastic season starts

Last edited:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had no expectations for this year and yet somehow they have managed to be worse than even meeting low expectations.

It needs to fully blow up this year. It's not going to get better with the same formula.

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just makes you wonder what the real plan is.

I sense an attempt to move them.
The problem is they make tons of money losing so the ownership simply doesn't care about winning. I don't think they would move the team when its SO successful at making them money. If you give up on them being a real baseball team and see it from the money standpoint the team is doing great and unfortunately that's all that matters.

The only thing that would change things would be for the fans to stop showing up to games and we know that's not happening. The fans will complain a little then go buy another pack of tickets and the cycle will go on.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yusei Kikuchi's career stats vs. Mariners:

— 11.1 IP
— 6 H
— 0 R
— 4 BB
— 14 SO
— 0.00 ERA
— 0.88 WHIP

LOL goodie.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy fuck, there are a lot of Mariners "fans" on twitter who legit think Servais is a top 5 manager and that this lineup is a top 10 offense. Is the average age of twitter M's fans 13? WTF. No wonder Stanton and the ownership group think they can peddle shit to fans year after year. Sooo many just eat it up.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is they make tons of money losing so the ownership simply doesn't care about winning. I don't think they would move the team when its SO successful at making them money. If you give up on them being a real baseball team and see it from the money standpoint the team is doing great and unfortunately that's all that matters.

The only thing that would change things would be for the fans to stop showing up to games and we know that's not happening. The fans will complain a little then go buy another pack of tickets and the cycle will go on.
Spot on … The TV situation is so unique for the Mariners because of our location, they literally need no fans in the stadium and they’ll still make a profit … Alaska, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, North,South Dakota, people tune in because we’re all alone out here … If the Mariners were on the East coast for example they could NEVER get away with how they’re running this team, they’d get chased outta town … If people stopped tuning in they’d be forced to change … BUT it’s pathetic it takes that, any pro sports ownership should care about a competitive product ..

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wrote something just like this on a twitter response to Locked in Mariners and the guy tried to bash me. His words:
"You think they don’t want to make a deep playoff run because ownership disappointed them? No. You’re reaching WAY too far."
Locked On Mariners

I obviously sent a rebuttal and so far have had a few heart responses....lol. Not sure why I even follow those two yahoos. They kiss Jerry's ass in the offseason claiming he is a genius but when the year goes bad they act like they knew it was going to be bad all along. then they start over the next offseason.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WE HAVE A LEAD! I REPEAT, WE HAVE A LEAD!

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WE HAVE A LEAD! I REPEAT, WE HAVE A LEAD!

It’s a Festivus miracle !!

I saw Captain K is up to his old tricks… 2 at bats and two strikeouts, both swinging at balls out of the strike zone for strike three both times

He had everyone telling him how great he is for the past couple years. He’s an absolute shit show starting both seasons off this year and last year.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a Festivus miracle !!

I saw Captain K is up to his old tricks… 2 at bats and two strikeouts, both swinging at balls out of the strike zone for strike three both times

He had everyone telling him how great he is for the past couple years. He’s an absolute shit show starting both seasons off this year and last year.
Totally agree. And not to toot my own horn, ya I do that, but I wasn't all that excited when they gave him that mega contract 89 games into his pro career. Other than from a PR standpoint, I really didn't see the hurry. Let him prove it for a couple years then worked out a deal.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
reality: 8 strikeouts in 4 innings

clueless twitter: but their xBA is .999

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree. And not to toot my own horn, ya I do that, but I wasn't all that excited when they gave him that mega contract 89 games into his pro career. Other than from a PR standpoint, I really didn't see the hurry. Let him prove it for a couple years then worked out a deal.
Here is his splits for his career. A very slow starter just like the team. Hmmmm.

julio.jpg