• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mariners Minors

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like the Mariners to draft a utility player . After all we don't need a good hitter to at least lock down 1 position .
I thought the same thing so I had to post it...lol. Just the fact it is a possibility is so Mariners.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won’t pretend to know a thing about anyone in this draft but they need to go heavy college pitching. Only reason IMO to go after this dude is if they trade a boat load of their prospects.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won’t pretend to know a thing about anyone in this draft but they need to go heavy college pitching. Only reason IMO to go after this dude is if they trade a boat load of their prospects.
Ya I am a big believer in drafting pitchers as much as possible. Greatest value.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya I am a big believer in drafting pitchers as much as possible. Greatest value.
To me it’s just more strategy. You can’t go heavy on HS position players, then not go heavy of college pitchers. It leaves them in the position they are where they can only do one thing.

Of course that could be irrelevent if they just spent money on FA or actually trade for good players.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8 prospects? I am counting 5?
I don’t have access but most places have

Ford
Emerson
Young
Laz
Farmelo
Felnin
Locklear

And depending on which site, Peete, Arroyo or Evans

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t have access but most places have

Ford
Emerson
Young
Laz
Farmelo
Felnin
Locklear

And depending on which site, Peete, Arroyo or Evans

Ah ok I am going off of this site https://www.mlb.com/prospects/top100/

I dont know about some of those players Farmelo is injured the rest of the year and Felnin isn't even past RoK level I think they were generous with them on those sites.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious what everyone's thought on Harry Ford playing LF. Do you think that they intend to bring him and Young up to the Major league roster in September? Then give Henry some playing time in LF to see if he can compete for a starting job next year?

Last edited:

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious what everyone's thought on Harry Ford playing LF. Do you think that they intend to bring him and Young up to the Major league roster in September? Then give Henry some playing time in LF to see if he can compete for a starting job next year?
As soon as I read that the other day, my first thought was to showcase him for trade. I thought the same thing with Hancock pitching the other day. Teams want to see them in different situations so it makes sense. I thing Ford and Young aren't ready yet so I don't see this as a call up move. But again this is Jerry so anything is possible.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah ok I am going off of this site https://www.mlb.com/prospects/top100/

I dont know about some of those players Farmelo is injured the rest of the year and Felnin isn't even past RoK level I think they were generous with them on those sites.
But prospect lists are all about potential otherwise Arroyo would be ahead of Emerson. I doubt even with Farmelo’s injury his value has dropped in eyes of other teams. I’m sure they are all generous because scouting is just educated guess’. The Mariners have had countless top 100 prospects that flamed out.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But prospect lists are all about potential otherwise Arroyo would be ahead of Emerson. I doubt even with Farmelo’s injury his value has dropped in eyes of other teams. I’m sure they are all generous because scouting is just educated guess’. The Mariners have had countless top 100 prospects that flamed out.

Well to be honest players landing on the top 100 list is overrated if you look back at past years lists the majority of players in the top end of the list either didn't pan out or had just average careers.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As soon as I read that the other day, my first thought was to showcase him for trade. I thought the same thing with Hancock pitching the other day. Teams want to see them in different situations so it makes sense. I thing Ford and Young aren't ready yet so I don't see this as a call up move. But again this is Jerry so anything is possible.

I can see that. I can imagine Management engaged in trade talks and other teams are in more need of an outfielder than a catcher. Also probably true they want to keep Hancock in AAA to showcase his pitching if needed to be added of a larger trade package. I also do agree I wasn't really wowed by Ford and Young in their AA debut year they may need to start the year off in AA next year as well.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well to be honest players landing on the top 100 list is overrated if you look back at past years lists the majority of players in the top end of the list either didn't pan out or had just average careers.
I have said that for years. It is fun to read about and talk about, but in the end it usually doesn't go as planned.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see that. I can imagine Management engaged in trade talks and other teams are in more need of an outfielder than a catcher. Also probably true they want to keep Hancock in AAA to showcase his pitching if needed to be added of a larger trade package. I also do agree I wasn't really wowed by Ford and Young in their AA debut year they may need to start the year off in AA next year as well.
This is where internal scouting is so important. Your team has to know if your guys are the real deal or just projections. Yankees were good at that former back in the day. They knew guys like Montero, Hitchcock, and Russ Davis who they unloaded on us instead of us getting Rivera or Pettitte or Posada who I read we asked for in different deals.