• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mariners Minors 2022

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only guy..hiting 300..between..modesto..and tacoma...???..that includes everett..and arkansas

EdwinArroyo
SS
MOD47191376193939204782.319.392.539.931

i see that as a problem...

ok maybe not a huge one...but...they will have to move arroyo up...and
marte...is not ready...yet
NoelviMarte
SS
EVE451812844110419235152.243.340.370.710

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah its an easy prob...but it seems no one can hit..............

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. In fact I wouldn't call Kelenic up this year. Let him tear it up in AAA all year, have a full year of productivity and gaining confidence and then give him every opportunity to make the team out of spring training next season.
I'm with you here.

I think he needs regular ABs to figure out what works for him and what doesn't work for him so he can find some consistency. He can tinker with things down there without the pressure of being on a big league roster.

Given his pedigree as a prospect, I think we all forgot that he didn't play games in 2020 - or whatever the minor league guys were doing - and that he only played a couple dozen games above high A ball before getting to the majors.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give him the rest of the year down there with a September call up. He is crushing it, but he needs to go through a real struggle which for sure will happen in July or August with the dog days. If they bring him up and he slumps again it isn’t going to help anyone. Let next year be his sink or swim year IMO. And I made a joke about it but 1 thing for sure is he needs to change his number when he does come back up.
I would only give him a September call up if there is a regular spot for him in the lineup. It won't help his development if he's not playing regularly.

I just worry if he continues to crush it in AAA, he might come back to the majors and struggle again. Then what?

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not optimistic, but maybe Upton will show up with a chip on his shoulder and at least be serviceable. As sad as it is to say, if he's even able to replicate what he did in 2021 it would be an upgrade over some of the guys we've had in the lineup.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would only give him a September call up if there is a regular spot for him in the lineup. It won't help his development if he's not playing regularly.

I just worry if he continues to crush it in AAA, he might come back to the majors and struggle again. Then what?
He needs a September call up regardless. If the Rainiers make the playoffs and he plays in them it doesn’t help him either. Problem right now with him is playing in the minors everyday doesn’t help him, playing in the majors isn’t helping him. I don’t know the answer but I think bringing him up in September but putting him on a leash like a pit bull may help. I’m not sure, maybe a legitimate sports psychologist would help (but I’m not sure they really exist anymore). What is clear with Kelenic is that his issues are 100% mental not physical. Maybe it is maturing in the minors, maybe it is being a situational player in the majors for awhile. Honestly no idea but I’d rather give up on Jerry and Servais before I’d say he is a bust and give up on him.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needs a September call up regardless. If the Rainiers make the playoffs and he plays in them it doesn’t help him either. Problem right now with him is playing in the minors everyday doesn’t help him, playing in the majors isn’t helping him. I don’t know the answer but I think bringing him up in September but putting him on a leash like a pit bull may help. I’m not sure, maybe a legitimate sports psychologist would help (but I’m not sure they really exist anymore). What is clear with Kelenic is that his issues are 100% mental not physical. Maybe it is maturing in the minors, maybe it is being a situational player in the majors for awhile. Honestly no idea but I’d rather give up on Jerry and Servais before I’d say he is a bust and give up on him.
I think you're right and the biggest thing IMO that has separated Kelenic and Julio is you see the plate discipline that Julio has. Whenever Julio gets a called strike outside the zone, he continues to lay off those pitches. Kelenic gets a called strike outside the zone, he starts swinging at everything then breaks his bat when he swings at a ball way outside the zone.

He's only 22 so hopefully he's able to figure it out because man his swing is a thing of beauty when he makes contact and he can hit the ball as hard as anyone in the majors right now.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're right and the biggest thing IMO that has separated Kelenic and Julio is you see the plate discipline that Julio has. Whenever Julio gets a called strike outside the zone, he continues to lay off those pitches. Kelenic gets a called strike outside the zone, he starts swinging at everything then breaks his bat when he swings at a ball way outside the zone.

He's only 22 so hopefully he's able to figure it out because man his swing is a thing of beauty when he makes contact and he can hit the ball as hard as anyone in the majors right now.
I really think it is just mental with Kelenic. He hasn’t ever failed at any level so struggling affects him which is just maturity. I won’t guess into his personal background but I am assuming he hasn’t had much issue there either compared to a kid like Julio or a lot of other Latino players that have killed it from the get go.

Good news is Kelenic loves and has passion for the game which IMO is an non discussed issue with a lot Mariners busted prospects, so I do really think he will figure it out. Whether that is in a Seattle uniform or years from now like the countless former prospects for the Mariners who have gone on to become all stars somewhere else.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think it is just mental with Kelenic. He hasn’t ever failed at any level so struggling affects him which is just maturity. I won’t guess into his personal background but I am assuming he hasn’t had much issue there either compared to a kid like Julio or a lot of other Latino players that have killed it from the get go.

Good news is Kelenic loves and has passion for the game which IMO is an non discussed issue with a lot Mariners busted prospects, so I do really think he will figure it out. Whether that is in a Seattle uniform or years from now like the countless former prospects for the Mariners who have gone on to become all stars somewhere else.

I also think too what really added pressure was the Mariners offering him the long term contract while he was still in the minors the same that was offered to Evan White. He bet on himself, he could have already been making more millions outside of what the Mets gave him and he turned it down now he is frustrated to try and make himself great. Now he is taking to Evan White who is chillin recovering and rehabbing and collecting his checks.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think too what really added pressure was the Mariners offering him the long term contract while he was still in the minors the same that was offered to Evan White. He bet on himself, he could have already been making more millions outside of what the Mets gave him and he turned it down now he is frustrated to try and make himself great. Now he is taking to Evan White who is chillin recovering and rehabbing and collecting his checks.
I don’t think it is pressure. Every player puts pressure on himself, I just don’t think he is mature enough to handle it at the moment. It’s not like he doesn’t have pressure being a 22 year old playing in AAA. Baseball isn’t basketball or football where you can succeed when you are immature. You have to learn how to fail and not implode, which he didn’t implode defensively which is a primary reason I think his offense will eventually come around it’s just a matter of when not if. I will defend Jerry on this that he knew he wasn’t ready but Mather screwed that whole situation up and made it impossible for him not to call him up when he destroyed AAA for a week.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m telling you 14 or 41 needs to be his number when he comes back up. He was 14 last year the couple of times he came down and he was all star caliber and now as 41 he is AAA Barry Bonds.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But ooo, looks like Jared tweaked his hamstring.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think it is pressure. Every player puts pressure on himself, I just don’t think he is mature enough to handle it at the moment. It’s not like he doesn’t have pressure being a 22 year old playing in AAA. Baseball isn’t basketball or football where you can succeed when you are immature. You have to learn how to fail and not implode, which he didn’t implode defensively which is a primary reason I think his offense will eventually come around it’s just a matter of when not if. I will defend Jerry on this that he knew he wasn’t ready but Mather screwed that whole situation up and made it impossible for him not to call him up when he destroyed AAA for a week.

Interesting take. I do agree Mather did screw it up and pissed everybody off and they had to send him up he was really only in AAA for a very short period of time. And yes the way he has been approaching the plate he has no business being in the majors right now.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3