• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marcus Mariota vs. Johnny Football

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Smart proving that stupidity some more....:shocked:

He's not getting credit for losses, he's getting credit for having played those teams.

When you play better defenses, it's common sense that your numbers will likely be lower than normal. I'm just saying he played those 3 teams, he performed worse than normal in two cases, yet still has much better numbers than other QB's who haven't faced defenses in the same universe even once, not to mention 3 times.

You could say he pads his stats against lesser teams, but then I could say Mariota plays nothing but "Lesser teams"...so it works out.

:burt::burt::burt:

Just stop this already. Mariota barely touches the ball in the second half. Manziel puts up 300 yards in the second half of blowouts. Raw totals mean nothing.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:burt::burt::burt:

Just stop this already. Mariota barely touches the ball in the second half. Manziel puts up 300 yards in the second half of blowouts. Raw totals mean nothing.

Watch much A&M football? I'd venture a guess that Manziel puts up his numbers in the first quarter and then slows way down in the second half.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will admit, I have been convinced that Manziel deserves the Heisman, even over Te'o. It's even more amazing that he is doing all of what he has done as a freshman.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will admit, I have been convinced that Manziel deserves the Heisman, even over Te'o. It's even more amazing that he is doing all of what he has done as a freshman.

Why though? Mariota is a freshman who is playing without the best offensive line in the country and putting up ridiculous stats in the first half of games

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why though? Mariota is a freshman who is playing without the best offensive line in the country and putting up ridiculous stats in the first half of games

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch much A&M football? I'd venture a guess that Manziel puts up his numbers in the first quarter and then slows way down in the second half.

He's just pulling stuff out his ass now.

Go to bed smart...

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He also has two Heisman candidate type players in the backfield with him, and he plays some incredibly weak teams.

I think he's a very good QB by the way, I just don't think he's as good as Manziel.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oregon's running backs.

Kenjon Barner is #6 in rushing yards, #13 in yards per carry (#6 compared to RBs with 100+ carries). #2 in rushing TDs.

De'Anthony Thomas has 66 carries for 521 yards (#3 in yards per carry).

Texas A&M's running backs.

Ben Malena is 78th in rushing yards, 260th in yards per carry, 6 rushing TDs (Barner has 19).

It doesn't look like Manziel has much help in the backfield like Mariota does. Manziel seems to be doing a lot by himself.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He puts up about 65% of his passing and rushing yards in the first half.

Mariota puts up about 75% of his passing yards and 80% of his rushing yards in the first half.

Manziel has 275 more passing yards and 250 more rushing yards in the first half.

IMO, that's not enough to make up for Mariota's improved efficiency, though he is close.

My problem isn't in comparing Manziel to Mariota. My problem is comparing Manziel to Marqise Lee. I'm not sure how one can favor him over Marqise.

Last edited by a moderator:

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon's running backs.

Kenjon Barner is #6 in rushing yards, #13 in yards per carry (#6 compared to RBs with 100+ carries). #2 in rushing TDs.

De'Anthony Thomas has 66 carries for 521 yards (#3 in yards per carry).

Texas A&M's running backs.

Ben Malena is 78th in rushing yards, 260th in yards per carry, 6 rushing TDs (Barner has 19).

It doesn't look like Manziel has much help in the backfield like Mariota does. Manziel seems to be doing a lot by himself.

So you're gonna compare their running backs instead of the two qbs? One qb is averaging more ypc, more yards per pass, better qb percentage, fewer interceptions, and one less touchdown.

Also, Malena is averaging 6.2 yards per carry compared to Barners 6.6. Manziel is doing a lot because of his offensive line, Mariota is doing a lot because of his running backs. Seems like a moot point, I just think TAMUs line is the most underrated, probably the best, unit in college football bar none.

[YOUTUBE]ykxRc-kSH74[/YOUTUBE]
Look how long he has in the pocket

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are both freshman, right?

Get ready for a few more years of this!

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are both freshman, right?

Get ready for a few more years of this!

Manziel has to win this year if he is ever gonna win imo. He is on a team with a majority of experienced players who are gone after this year. I don't think he will get the hype the next few years because i doubt they will be as competitive as they are this year.

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Smart proving that stupidity some more....:shocked:

He's not getting credit for losses, he's getting credit for having played those teams.

When you play better defenses, it's common sense that your numbers will likely be lower than normal. I'm just saying he played those 3 teams, he performed worse than normal in two cases, yet still has much better numbers than other QB's who haven't faced defenses in the same universe even once, not to mention 3 times.

You could say he pads his stats against lesser teams, but then I could say Mariota plays nothing but "Lesser teams"...so it works out.

Lesser by inflated rankings. Oh and MM has played the equivalent of 3 less games.