• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marc Trestman era

RaptorII

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to say one is right - one is wrong here, but I will say that I too seek out every bit of BEARS news that I can find at this time of year, and have not seen any technician type commentary from any WR's.
B Marshall being complimentary and diplomatic, Alshon Jeffery being the same.... I have not seen any of them talking strategy.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to say one is right - one is wrong here, but I will say that I too seek out every bit of BEARS news that I can find at this time of year, and have not seen any technician type commentary from any WR's.
B Marshall being complimentary and diplomatic, Alshon Jeffery being the same.... I have not seen any of them talking strategy.

Exactly my point Raptor. If you dont see it on ESPN/Chicago or Chicagobears.com than it isnt legit yet. They will post everything that is legit including quotes and tweets from players and havent seen a single piece of evidence to back up Cubz statements.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Bears WR's are instructed not to make adjustments to their routes then why did Trestman state this...... Trestmans system involves NOT reading the coverage of the defense to pre determine your route but adjustments are made within every offense in the NFL.

“Every team has universal routes, even if they don’t read coverages, where they have to make adjustments,” Trestman said. “We line up and we have an assignment, but of course if if they give us something, we have to ‘break’ the routes our we’re going to give the quarterback nothing.”

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That quote was from the article 64Bears posted in another topic from CSN. I dont get my information from writers who cant correctly type up a quote from the HC. Plus it seems like most of the information on there is quoted from Kellen Winslow who isnt a reliable source for the Chicago Bears.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Hey at least you made me laugh with this one: "If you dont see it on ESPN/Chicago or Chicagobears.com than it isnt legit yet." Umm....that's just funny for numerous reasons.

I take it you don't read Twitter much. That's actually not a criticism, since Twitter is mostly a waste of time. Speaking of wasting time, I am not going to go back though 2 months of Twitter feeds to placate your skepticism. Believe whatever you like. Just in running a Google search right now, I found this, although this doesn't have any Bears Wr quotes, it certainly discusses what I was referring to:

Less read-and-react: Bears increasing tempo after the snap | CSN Chicago

We may be starting to get into *degrees*, but I have repeatedly stated I didn't state that make NO adjustments, I said they make very little/much smaller ones than they were last year. Obviously, there are no absolutes in football. But let me put it to you this way...if an offense ran 50 passing plays for every 7 rushing plays, I would call that a passing offense. That doesn't mean they don't run at all, but it does describe the philosophical approach is, basically, passing. This year's WRs are supposed to be running pretty specific timing routes. Does that mean they have absolutely zero freedom to make any adjustment? Of course not. But by and large, the expectation is for them to run their route as designed. This is not a Wes Welker offense.

I thought the whole point of bringing Trestman in was to run a better-designed offense, one carefully built with an offensive mastermind's eye. He seems to be following that script. I'm not sure why you are so up-in-arms over the concept. The receivers aren't going to bootleg as much. So what? Lots of good offenses don't. It's an observation, not a criticism.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read that article for the first time and noticed a lot of spelling mistakes and quotes from Kellen Winslow. You will see on plenty of other threads I love Trestmans concepts and scheme and a huge believer in getting the ball out as fast as possible. My argument this whole time has been about adjustments on routes, not Trestmans concepts. Yes he isnt running an offense where you need to read the coverage of the defense to determine what route you are running but adjustments are made more often then you think whether its planned or not.

C

cubzzzfanincali

I just read that article for the first time and noticed a lot of spelling mistakes and quotes from Kellen Winslow. You will see on plenty of other threads I love Trestmans concepts and scheme and a huge believer in getting the ball out as fast as possible. My argument this whole time has been about adjustments on routes, not Trestmans concepts. Yes he isnt running an offense where you need to read the coverage of the defense to determine what route you are running but adjustments are made more often then you think whether its planned or not.

Good, I think we are slowly beginning to agree with each other. I'm not going to go back and read your old threads about how much you love Trestman. I will just take your word for it. Me, I don't love him or hate him yet. While he wasn't my choice for a hire, no reason why we shouldn't let it play out before coming to any judgments. It will be interesting to see if his concepts work out on the current NFL field. This should be an interesting year for the NFL, given some of the weird states of some teams, new systems, read-option, etc. The Bears will be no exception to this.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good, I think we are slowly beginning to agree with each other. I'm not going to go back and read your old threads about how much you love Trestman. I will just take your word for it. Me, I don't love him or hate him yet. While he wasn't my choice for a hire, no reason why we shouldn't let it play out before coming to any judgments. It will be interesting to see if his concepts work out on the current NFL field. This should be an interesting year for the NFL, given some of the weird states of some teams, new systems, read-option, etc. The Bears will be no exception to this.

For some reason I was very high on Trestman when his name name was mentioned as a candidate for HC and I predicted he would win the job. I wanted him to be coach all along but honestly didnt think he would get the job. His concepts are still being used in the NFL today but with a different wrinkle so we know they still work but we dont know how he will embrace the HC position. Thats why I am consistently backing him up. He has proven he could run an offense in many different situations and different leagues so that shouldnt be the problem. The problems will come from on how he approaches the team as a whole unit but seems like he is smart about the defensive side of the ball as well.

RaptorII

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some Wrs on the field are going to be running a direct route while some are running adjustment routes. Do you really think none of the WR's have adjustment routes in case Cutler gets pressured and cant get the ball out right away? Sorry but the West Coast system doesnt consist of Wr's being instructed not to make those adjustments, it consists of shorter, quicker routes like slants, crossing patterns, curls, in and outs. And with any of those routes I just mentioned, adjustment comes with it.

Breakdown: Wide Receivers

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Raptor, thanks for the vid . I missed that 1 somehow. I think the biggest difference will be the WRs will have a pre determined route ( with adjustment capability ) , as to having to read the D, and then determine which route you're going to run. Just seems the later has too much room for mistake. The later makes everyone see the same D, which doesn't always happen.