• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Manti Te'o is a fraud

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swarbrick:
On the morning of December 26th, very early morning, Manti called his coaches to inform them that, while he was in attendance at the ESPN awards show in Orlando, he received a phone call from a number he recognized as having been that he associated with Lennay Kekua. When he answered it, it was a person whose voice sounded like the same voice he had talked to, who told him that she was, in fact, not dead.

Manti was very unnerved by that, as you might imagine. I will let him again talk about that and his reaction to it. But he maintained that secret vis a vis the members of the football family until he called the coaches on the morning of the 26th. They promptly reached out to me to inform me of this shocking piece of news, and I arranged to meet Manti upon his return to campus and did so on the afternoon of the 27th.

I met with Manti for about an hour and 45 minutes and asked him to review every detail of the relationship as he knew it with this woman. Manti did so, was forthright, answered every question, and was eager to share the information with me.

I met with him again the next day, as I had put the notes together from the previous day's meeting, to just review again what we had gone over to make sure I had all the details correct. And, again, he was a full and excellent partner in making sure that the information I collected was accurate.

I then took that information and shared it with other leaders in the university for a deliberation as to next steps, what we should do. Some additional questions of Manti were then developed, which he again promptly responded, and a decision was made to engage in an independent investigative firm to see if they could determine what was at the nature of what increasingly appeared to us to be a sophisticated hoax.

While apprised by that investigative firm of their work along the way, we received a final report from them on January 4th. I met with Brian and Ottilia Te'o in Miami on the 5th to share with them the essence of those findings. We left that meeting with an understanding that they would think about what they had heard, engaged Manti's future representation, which would be determined later in the week, in consultation as to how to best respond, and keep the university fully informed of their intentions and work in concert with us when they were ready to communicate the story.

It was my understanding is my understanding that they were on a timetable to release the story themselves next week when today's story broke.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what was his answer to Swarbrick and the PI's when asked why he told people that he had actually met her in person? You can't tell me they didn't ask that.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL if you buy that from Swarbrick.

So he's basically saying that every interview, in print and televised, was complete hokum........and that Manti and his family basically lied - I'm sorry, "kept the secret amongst the football team" - that this chick was fake?

I mean, they even did the whole pre-game interviews and show about her and his relationship with her.

So far, I don't buy a single thing said by ANYONE in this. Not Manti, not his family, not Swarbrick......because the sum of all their stories does not add up.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what was his answer to Swarbrick and the PI's when asked why he told people that he had actually met her in person? You can't tell me they didn't ask that.

Yeah. And on Brian Te'o's comments on going to Hawaii and that whole ordeal.

Spruce Moose

Cromulent Sophisticate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kgcp8u.jpg

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot of questions that I doubt they will/can answer.

Let's say you are the guy pulling this hoax on Te'o. According to Manti, they talked nightly for 4 straight months. At what point do you get tired of the prank?

WHO is going to try to fool someone for over 3 years? WHO is going to put that much work into a fake relationship with no payoff?

The more I think about this, the less believable these people come off. Absolutely NOTHING they've stated or released adds up, none of it.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would it make sense for Te'o to do this?

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5823e469642aa66c5f3ed53d727db50b-this-is-wong.jpg

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would it make sense for Te'o to do this?

It makes less sense to believe he didn't.

He's asking you to believe someone out of the blue picked him, at the time a random player for ND, to prank.

He's asking you to believe that this person continued this prank, this hoax, for 3 years, never breaking character, and adding in relatives, family members, hospital staffs, the whole nine.

He's asking you to believe he carried on a relationship with a woman he never laid eyes on or met for three years.

He's asking you to believe they never once used Skype, google voice, or any texted photos to each other......or used any technology readily available to them.

He's asking you to believe ALL the interviews he gave where he and his family members explained IN DETAIL how they've met her were all misquoted, or somehow falsified.

C'mon man........not even YOU can be this dense.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He isn't the only person who thought this person existed. The FB for the Cardinals says he met her. Other athletes were contacted by this person before Te'o was. I'm not jumping to any conclusions. Unlike you, I like to wait for ALL the facts, not jump to a conclusion after the first fact.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best way to distract attention from oneself is to play the victim card.

That is what may be going on right now.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He isn't the only person who thought this person existed. The FB for the Cardinals says he met her. Other athletes were contacted by this person before Te'o was. I'm not jumping to any conclusions. Unlike you, I like to wait for ALL the facts, not jump to a conclusion after the first fact.

Who's jumping to conclusions?

Given what we know, NOTHING he's said is even remotely believable. Either you can see that or you can't.

He's compounded lies with more lies. At what point do you believe he is, in fact, a LIAR?

He's painted himself into a corner playing the victim card, when his own statements and actions point otherwise. I don't know HOW this could be more obvious.

The only question at this point is why they decided to do this.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will the information obtained by the "independent investigative firm" ever be released?

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's jumping to conclusions?

Given what we know, NOTHING he's said is even remotely believable. Either you can see that or you can't.

He's compounded lies with more lies. At what point do you believe he is, in fact, a LIAR?

He's painted himself into a corner playing the victim card, when his own statements and actions point otherwise. I don't know HOW this could be more obvious.

The only question at this point is why they decided to do this

Exactly you already have your mind made up. Who cares if many others say that isn't the way it went. To hell with them. To hell with the full truth. Lets believe half truths and incomplete stories. But it's what you do. I've watched you on this board long enough to know your MO. This is what you do and that's fine. But I don't think like that. I like to wait the story out and see what facts come out. All the facts. If you don't want all the facts that is fine. I don't really give even half a rats ass what you think.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously just start laughing every time I think about this............LMAO

I forget about it.....then I come back across this thread again and I just start fuckin' laughing. It's so sad.....and that's why it's so amazingly hilarious.

The guy sat there on TV and explained how his girlfriend was his fuel........even before she died :pound:

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly you already have your mind made up. Who cares if many others say that isn't the way it went. To hell with them. To hell with the full truth. Lets believe half truths and incomplete stories. But it's what you do. I've watched you on this board long enough to know your MO. This is what you do and that's fine. But I don't think like that. I like to wait the story out and see what facts come out. All the facts. If you don't want all the facts that is fine. I don't really give even half a rats ass what you think.

Then why respond?

Only ONE person says she exists. Te'o - HE, BY HIS OWN WORDS, along with Swarbrick, and a PI, say she does NOT exist.

Who's believing half truths here?

You WANT to believe he's not involved, thats clear. Good for you. But so far, not ONE SHRED of evidence supports that notion.

I believe what the evidence supports. Not wishing on a star or something. What I do know, as well as you do, is that Manti Te'o is a proven liar. What I do know is that his story is NOT believable on any sane, rational level. What I want to know is WHY he's been telling all these lies for this long.

Last edited by a moderator:

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously just start laughing every time I think about this............LMAO

I forget about it.....then I come back across this thread again and I just start fuckin' laughing. It's so sad.....and that's why it's so amazingly hilarious.

The guy sat there on TV and explained how his girlfriend was his fuel........even before she died :pound:

hey now, don't be believing all those half truths and lies that he told........