• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Manning vs Brady: The Final Showdown ......

Manning/Broncs vs Brady/pats

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if Manning gets past the Patriots, he and the Broncos are still going to have to face either Carolina or Arizona, not in Denver...

I understand that on any given Sunday anything is possible but the odds would not be in their favor.

Well actually playing in the 49ers stadium would suit Manning better than say the cold Denver air.

They're predicting 60 degrees and a little cloudy on Feb. 7th. Manning loves weather like that.

Last edited:

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the way Peyton played against Pittsburgh does anybody expect the Broncos to beat the Patriots?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if Manning gets past the Patriots, he and the Broncos are still going to have to face either Carolina or Arizona, not in Denver...

I understand that on any given Sunday anything is possible but the odds would not be in their favor.

Well the Broncos were 6-2 this year on the road and this wouldn't be a true road game.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the way Peyton played against Pittsburgh does anybody expect the Broncos to beat the Patriots?

Yes, by @ least 4 TD's!:D

I'm outta here...:bolt::bolt::bolt::bolt:

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought that he played quite well against Pittsburgh. Not really sure what you mean by "the way Peyton played".

As far as your question goes, I think it's best answered in probabilistic terms. I doubt that any informed fan expects with certainty the Broncos beat the Pats, but I don't see any reason to think that the Broncos don't have a chance of winning.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course the Broncs can win. At this level, any of the 4 teams can win this weekend.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Peyton did just fine against Pittsburg yesterday, 2nd half mostly. I am a Brady/Peyton fan. I have backed Peyton this whole season, not on the Hoop that much. Osweller did fine for a few games, Peyton took over, look where they are. I want the Pats to win but I know this will be a tough friggin game. Anyways, everbody lay off Peyton

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are plenty of reasonable scenarios where the Broncos win.

Here's one:

Collins is out, Jones is out and Hightower gets hurt again which allows the Bronco's running game to make some headway. The Denver D keeps the game close and then who knows what happens in the last quarter.

The Patriots are favored by 4 in Denver which is nice for a visiting team but it's far from blowout predictions.

On the other hand if both Edelman and Gronk can stay healthy I'll be reasonably optimistic. Those two should cause the Denver D some serious issues alone. They would also allow players like Amendola, White and even LaFell to make some plays. That will only help Brady do his thing.

With those guys in play, the Oline will have to protect Brady for 2-3 seconds for most plays and that's also reasonably possible. They'll look better then they did against the Jets and Miami among others.

Yeah it should be an interesting game.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was because Julien Edleman didn't play in the game. Dude's like a friggin' light switch for this team.

I get it... but... Ware didn't play for Denver. Find me a Bronco fan who wouldn't say the same thing.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those fretting about weather, it appears there's a system rolling through the west the next few weeks that is going to bring temps in the upper 40's and 50's. So... no snow games. As much as I would have liked it... :tsk:

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it... but... Ware didn't play for Denver. Find me a Bronco fan who wouldn't say the same thing.

I just don't think the difference is comparable but you Broncs fans keep saying it was. Guess we'll see this weekend. The biggest thing you guys had going was Brock; he's much better than Peyton.

Pats with Edleman 11-0

We'll see this weekend won't we?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another Broncos game worth going to a movie for

Such a Yawner

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton did just fine against Pittsburg yesterday, 2nd half mostly. I am a Brady/Peyton fan. I have backed Peyton this whole season, not on the Hoop that much. Osweller did fine for a few games, Peyton took over, look where they are. I want the Pats to win but I know this will be a tough friggin game. Anyways, everbody lay off Peyton
I have a lot of respect for Manning but I just don't see the Broncos being able to keep up offensively. Even though Denver has the best defense in the league I think the Patriots will be able to have some successful offensive drives. It's pretty tough to beat New england by kicking field goals and playing field position.

Reactions: BUD