• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Manning to Denver:Good move or not?

XBamaX

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes I wonder what they were thinking in Indianapolis. Healthy Manning or not, I still believe he's the face of the Colts. Am I the only one who believes the Colts will lose way more money without Manning? Think about how big the Colts vs. Patriots games are. Not really the biggest NFL fan but I never miss those games. Anyway, how long will it take for Manning to have the Broncos in Super Bowl contentions?'

--- Oh and does anyone think that Tim Tebow fit great in Jacksonville?

Last edited by a moderator:

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. I really think that Peyton should have been retained for another year. You don't hear about free agents going to Denver to play with Luck (possibly RGIII). As much as we've been hearing that Luck needs to start now, he doesn't. How valuable would it be to have Luck sit behind Peyton for a year? I think it would make a huge difference and give the franchise a better chance to rebuild in the FA market.

As far as Tebow to the Jets, that was a bad move for everyone. Sanchez doesn't need more pressure, he play in New York!
Tebow doesn't need to sit on the bench, he needs to sink or swim as a team's go-to. If he fails, then all that was lost is a 4th round pick and 2.5-3 million (3 if JAx got him). I really think the Jaguars would have been the best fit. Gabbert isn't ready to go yet, so see what they can get with Tebow. It's also a market that could use the tickets and jersey sales, which would easily make up for the 3 million paid. Finally, all that they did was run last year. There's no risk because Tebow can certainly elevate that with the occasional big passing game. I'm a Tebow fan, but I agree that he has a lot to prove through the air. I don't think he'll get better by not playing. If he can develop that air attack, than he'll dwarf Cam Newton's dual-threat, because Tebow has the un-Godly ability to win more than he should. Pun intended. ;)

Just my two cents.

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all depends on if his neck holds up or not. If it does, then hell yes. Anyone in their right mind (besides Tebow homers) would take a healthy Manning over Tebow. But I think a 5 year $96 million contract was a bit much.

Chiefsfan85

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's a bad move. The Chiefs defense will make him pay. Manning is 3-6 when facing a Romeo Crennel led defense. Manning hasn't had a touchdown pass the last 4 games against Romeo's team. Manning also has 9 TD's and 14 INT's against Romeo. Now, Manning faces the master twice a year.

XBamaX

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all depends on if his neck holds up or not. If it does, then hell yes. Anyone in their right mind (besides Tebow homers) would take a healthy Manning over Tebow. But I think a 5 year $96 million contract was a bit much.

Didn't Manning have 3 neck surgeries?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Manning have 3 neck surgeries?

Yes, but it wasn't because of 3 separate issues. He had 3 neck surgeries to speed the healing process up as much as possible.

And he actually had 4 I believe