• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Manning Supports Flacco

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean... NOW, I trust Flacco. I wasn't predicting the Denver Broncos to do shit this season and Flacco is the most overpaid QB in NFL history, but now that Manning threw his FULL support behind Flacco? I mean... ALL in at this point. Nobody else in the AFC stands a chance. Flacco GOAT.

blue_suns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean... NOW, I trust Flacco. I wasn't predicting the Denver Broncos to do shit this season and Flacco is the most overpaid QB in NFL history, but now that Manning threw his FULL support behind Flacco? I mean... ALL in at this point. Nobody else in the AFC stands a chance. Flacco GOAT.

Sam Bradford and JaMarcus Russell say hi

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eh, those contracts were basically set by the NFLPA to some degree. And maybe you HOPED you had something decent there to develop into a franchise QB. The Ravens knowingly gave a PROVEN mediocre Matt Hasselbeck (who they already spent the biggest QB contract in NFL history at the time.

I can admit the Seahawks rightfully choked SBOWL 40 away. And Carroll should've ran the ball. Admit Flacco was one of the stupidest (if not the stupidest) veteran QB signings in NFL history.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, those contracts were basically set by the NFLPA to some degree. And maybe you HOPED you had something decent there to develop into a franchise QB. The Ravens knowingly gave a PROVEN mediocre Matt Hasselbeck (who they already spent the biggest QB contract in NFL history at the time.

I can admit the Seahawks rightfully choked SBOWL 40 away. And Carroll should've ran the ball. Admit Flacco was one of the stupidest (if not the stupidest) veteran QB signings in NFL history.

You must be using that "modern math"
You should let @Oldschool739 explain the math for you.....

blue_suns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bradford got multiple deals and did nothing (or was always hurt). Even if you think Flacco sucks, he at least won a Super Bowl.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford got multiple deals and did nothing (or was always hurt). Even if you think Flacco sucks, he at least won a Super Bowl.

So did Trent Dilfer. I will say, the Ravens are the kings of shitty QBs winning Super Bowls. Gotta give em' that. Living proof: "Defense wins Championships." (although if I recall the 2012 Ravens defense was average, but not terrible or below average)

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So did Trent Dilfer. I will say, the Ravens are the kings of shitty QBs winning Super Bowls. Gotta give em' that. Living proof: "Defense wins Championships." (although if I recall the 2012 Ravens defense was average, but not terrible or below average)

The difference is that Flacco arguably had the single greatest post-season of all-time (without a doubt one of the best) and the defense was hardly impressive at any point that year. Including the post-season. They were rather average and up/down all year. Two good defensive games and two poor ones in the playoffs is reflective of that. They were 17th in terms of yardage and 12th in terms of points. Their run defense was downright poor at 20th.

People's perspective of how Baltimore won that Super Bowl is shockingly skewed. They just seem to associate Baltimore and Ray Lewis with great defense. So they regurgitate that narrative on nothing more than reflex.

Flacco probably had more to do with that Super Bowl than any other factor on that team.

Last edited:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference is that Flacco arguably had the single greatest post-season of all-time (without a doubt one of the best) and the defense was hardly impressive at any point that year. Including the post-season. They were rather average and up/down all year. Two good defensive games and two poor ones in the playoffs is reflective of that. They were 17th in terms of yardage and 12th in terms of points. Their run defense was downright poor at 20th.

People's perspective of how Baltimore won that Super Bowl is shockingly skewed. They just seem to associate Baltimore and Ray Lewis with great defense. So they regurgitate that narrative on nothing more than reflex.

Flacco probably had more to do with that Super Bowl than any other factor on that team.

I already admitted their defense was not that great (in that Super Bowl, 2000 was one of the best all time) and yes Flacco did do well in the post season. For a mediocre QB he hit the lottery in terms of the one anomaly moment in his career to play at a HOF level and then bent the front office over the table subsequently. I mean hats off to him...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already admitted their defense was not that great (in that Super Bowl, 2000 was one of the best all time) and yes Flacco did do well in the post season. For a mediocre QB he hit the lottery in terms of the one anomaly moment in his career to play at a HOF level and then bent the front office over the table subsequently. I mean hats off to him...

In that post (and this one) you do a lot of loopidy loops and back flips to avoid giving Flacco any credit.

You give all credit to the defense. Strangely using the 2000 defense to justify this... and then give an asterisk afterward. That "BTW, they were actually average". Which contradicts the entire sentence prior to that. Your assessment of the 2012 Ravens/Flacco is a big clusterfuck and it just doesn't make sense. "The defense was average. But the team is living proof that defense wins championships... because ya know... Trent Dilfer, 2000... and uh... yeah"

You cannot possibly take the 2012 Ravens on an individual basis and make the claim that the defense carried them.

Also, Flacco didn't do "well". He probably had the single greatest post-season of all-time and led a slightly above average team to a Super Bowl win. That's it. All that needs to be said.

Flacco has not had a fantastic career, but attempting to even slightly dismiss the legitimacy of his SB win is very silly. He won that Super Bowl for that team. Not his defense.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In that post (and this one) you do a lot of loopidy loops and back flips to avoid giving Flacco any credit.

You give all credit to the defense. Strangely using the 2000 defense to justify this... and then give an asterisk afterward. That "BTW, they were actually average". Which contradicts the entire sentence prior to that. Your assessment of the 2012 Ravens/Flacco is a big clusterfuck and it just doesn't make sense. "The defense was average. But the team is living proof that defense wins championships... because ya know... Trent Dilfer, 2000... and uh... yeah"

You cannot possibly take the 2012 Ravens on an individual basis and make the claim that the defense carried them.

Also, Flacco didn't do "well". He probably had the single greatest post-season of all-time and led a slightly above average team to a Super Bowl win. That's it. All that needs to be said.

Flacco has not had a fantastic career, but attempting to even slightly dismiss the legitimacy of his SB win is very silly. He won that Super Bowl for that team. Not his defense.

Okay, guy.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This X 100.

Flacco played great in those playoffs and anyone denying that is an idiot.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So did Trent Dilfer. I will say, the Ravens are the kings of shitty QBs winning Super Bowls.
Joe Gibbs 3 superbowls victories says hi :wave:

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must be using that "modern math"
You should let @Oldschool739 explain the math for you.....

You can't fix stupid, all you can do is keep poking it and let it make you laugh !!!!!

giphy.gif

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Those are good ones but Colin Kopasquat and Tony Ohno who during the same off season of 2012 became higher paid than Flacco and never won anything, rides free.....
Hey Joe's still playing for a championship team and enjoying the millions he earned already and piling on more while these McDonald's workers criticize....
It's a tough job but someone has to do it !!!!! :D

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

These three guys say hold our merlot.
138054365.jpg 74a4aa3a639a87281490beb415304cfd.jpg Eli-Manning.jpg

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phil Simms was a good QB, Eli is more like Flacco in that he had 2 amazing playoff runs but other then those he's incredibly average. Flacco is not even average.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are good ones but Colin Kopasquat and Tony Ohno who during the same off season of 2012 became higher paid than Flacco and never won anything, rides free.....
Hey Joe's still playing for a championship team and enjoying the millions he earned already and piling on more while these McDonald's workers criticize....
It's a tough job but someone has to do it !!!!! :D

do you lick windows?