• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Manning 4 surgeries...

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton Manning - QB - Colts Citing NFL sources, SI.com's Don Banks reports that Peyton Manning has undergone four surgeries on his neck over the past two seasons, not three as widely reported.
The fourth was an undisclosed procedure, per Banks, and occurred between his May 23 and September 9 surgeries. In other words, Manning had three neck operations in one offseason. Banks reports that Manning's neck may have "developed bone spurs," and Colts doctors believe he will "inevitably ... at some point require further surgery." Manning reportedly still wanted to play in 2011 and was targeting Week 16. Colts doctors quickly ruled him out after a brief workout. At the time, it is estimated that Manning had 80 percent of his usual arm strength and "his passes wobbled at times." The Colts have concern that Manning's neck problems are chronic and perhaps even genetic, as Peyton's brother Cooper was forced to give up football at a young age due to spinal stenosis.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Link with more details if anyone cares to read more than what hockey posted. I think the link is more for the status and info about last year than alarm about the 4th procedure being revealed. The fourth procedure was to fix the same problem, not four separate problems in the neck, so it shouldn't be alarming, unless Manning's team thought it was important enough to hide from public/team knowledge. Ultimately, they will just test him out currently and talk to team doctors to see what the next step is. I do not expect Indianapolis to go based upon Manning's doctors and I don't expect Manning to fully trust Indi's docs. He may call them on their bluff or refuse, depending on how confident he is or upset.