• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Manic Monday. Back to work edition

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great. Now that leaves us with...ummmm..... :L

Looking more closely, I see they will still have Masterson, and, have a good young arm in Salazar they can hopefully expect more out of this year. They also have Corey Kluber, who did o.k last year, but is not much of a prospect anymore now at 27.

As such, they need 2 new arms, and, maybe they should consider Bronson Arroyo for one of those spots?

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never liked them. ever. mediocre 80's band that went alternative with hagar in the 90's. who cares.

Spoken like someone who did not get to see their rise to stardom in the early-mid 70's on Sunset, like I did.

Brocktagon

the handsome super genius
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spoken like someone who did not get to see their rise to stardom in the early-mid 70's on Sunset, like I did.

are you referring to sunset blvd? where GLAM (Gay L.A. Metal) rock was born?

hit me up with some motley crue. other than that, the hell with the rest.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you referring to sunset blvd? where GLAM (Gay L.A. Metal) rock was born?

hit me up with some motley crue. other than that, the hell with the rest.

I am. And, I was glad I was there.

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bigD, the 80's killed most bands where they could not continue throughout the 90's to present. there is only 1 band who survived (and is still around today) here are some of my opinions.

aerosmith - last good album was get a grip. 1993. anything after failed.

AC/DC - last good album was razor's edge, 1990.

def leppard - in my bias opinion, retro-active was the last good album. however, they did a decent job on euphoria back in '99. nothing relevant since.

metallica - I thought the load albums were good. since 1997, they have only released 2 ablums and I don't think they were good.

ozzy - last good album was osmosis, released '95.

megadeth - the only band to survive superstardom and drugs. although not part of the mainstream like their thrash-counterparts, metallica, they have released 14 quality albums during the past 3 decades. since metallica's re-load release in 1997 (megadeth released cryptic writings that year), mustaine and company released 7 albums since then.

looking back, there is no consistency in the music industry. i'm a very proud megafan.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bigD, the 80's killed most bands where they could not continue throughout the 90's to present. there is only 1 band who survived (and is still around today) here are some of my opinions.

aerosmith - last good album was get a grip. 1993. anything after failed.

AC/DC - last good album was razor's edge, 1990.

def leppard - in my bias opinion, retro-active was the last good album. however, they did a decent job on euphoria back in '99. nothing relevant since.

metallica - I thought the load albums were good. since 1997, they have only released 2 ablums and I don't think they were good.

ozzy - last good album was osmosis, released '95.

megadeth - the only band to survive superstardom and drugs. although not part of the mainstream like their thrash-counterparts, metallica, they have released 14 quality albums during the past 3 decades. since metallica's re-load release in 1997 (megadeth released cryptic writings that year), mustaine and company released 7 albums since then.

looking back, there is no consistency in the music industry. i'm a very proud megafan.

Hard to argue with most to anything you have above.

And, at the same time, you now know why I listen to only classic rock or classic metal stations online.

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to argue with most to anything you have above.

And, at the same time, you now know why I listen to only classic rock or classic metal stations online.

was I missing anything?

I remember back in the early 90's where 70's bands were still kickin. now or days, they have all given up.

and another note, I cannot listen to metal stations so far. I listen to 1 good song and the rest of their playlists sound like the lead vocalists are just growling into the microphone like a mad dog lol

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tigers will have a very familiar double play combo next year. Sort of.

When Jose (don't call me Julio) Iglesias signed with the Tigers last year, he was given # 1. And, I am just seeing that newly acquired Ian Kinsler will be wearing # 3.

So, they will have a # 1 and # 3 D.P combo.

Just like they did from 1977-1995, when the names were Lou Whitaker & Alan Trammell.

Sacrilege anyone???

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was I missing anything?

I remember back in the early 90's where 70's bands were still kickin. now or days, they have all given up.

I like this by and large. I want my rock stars to fade away, and not keep going and keep dying right in front of my eyes.

and another note, I cannot listen to metal stations so far. I listen to 1 good song and the rest of their playlists sound like the lead vocalists are just growling into the microphone like a mad dog lol

Though I may have to move on soon after hearing about all they have to offer, I have had a good 2 year run at a site called www.accuradio.com. They have a ton of "channels", including a "roots of metal" one that would have none of the above that you and I would want to avoid.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can I be scheduled for a 9 am meeting when I don't get to work on Monday's till 10?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking more closely, I see they will still have Masterson, and, have a good young arm in Salazar they can hopefully expect more out of this year. They also have Corey Kluber, who did o.k last year, but is not much of a prospect anymore now at 27.

As such, they need 2 new arms, and, maybe they should consider Bronson Arroyo for one of those spots?

I would like the Red Sox to take Masterson back... But that won't happen

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can I be scheduled for a 9 am meeting when I don't get to work on Monday's till 10?

Details,....details........

I'm going to blame a boss for this one, who will quickly blame office staff for not checking everyone's schedule.

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Though I may have to move on soon after hearing about all they have to offer, I have had a good 2 year run at a site called www.accuradio.com. They have a ton of "channels", including a "roots of metal" one that would have none of the above that you and I would want to avoid.

I likey, thanks man!

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've come to the conclusion that I never volunteer, instead, I am volunTOLD.

they don't care if we sleep or not.....

Brocktagon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Details,....details........

I'm going to blame a boss for this one, who will quickly blame office staff for not checking everyone's schedule.

any boss who does not take responsibility is not a boss.

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.

Exactly.

They may have to go the route that the Twins seem to be going. That being, signing an entire new rotation via free agency. For the Tribes sake, I hope there are enough available arms out there to pull this off.

Absolutely NOTHING in the rumor mill about our pitching. Kaz is gone - dont know why they didnt extend an offer because he wanted to stay. Ubaldos gone... Cant get by with Masterson, McAllister & Salazar & still need a closer. Situation seems pretty grim...

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Guess theyre saying 'come in an hour earlier'...