• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mangini

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Everyone keeps bringing up Fangio and Roman but the spot he's most likely to take is Donatell's.

Donatell's the closet out of the staff from leaving and I would be surprised if he's not a DC somewhere next season especially if we field another strong defense.

Mangini was the secondary coach for the Patriots for several years so it's only natural for him to take over that spot if Donatell is gone.

If Roman gets an HC gig I think Geep Chryst will be the front runner to take the spot and not Mangini. Typically QB coaches are the ones that get promoted if a team replaces an OC in house.

Fangio is unlikely to get an HC gig if this past offseason is any indication. Teams are looking QB friendly offensive minded coaches more than defensive minded ones. But if he does get an HC job I can see Donatell getting the promotion to DC and Mangini taking over as secondary coach in that scenario.

Mangini obviously isn't stupid because he picked the right team to start to get back into coaching. Winning teams bring the most attention to their respective coaching staffs so he knows a job will open on this team soon or other teams are more likely to look his way.

He also likely aspires to be a HC again so working as an offensive consultant with a staff leading the way in offensive innovation will give him a broader and more complete knowledge of offense which makes him a more well rounded coach.

this is possible but i'd think his next stop will be as HC somewhere else? if he doesn't get a HC gig, he'll stick to his new position or go back to broadcasting. either way, don't see him wanting to be a secondary coach again?

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wont get a head coaching pos in the next couple years, he is a great assistant but a bad coach. I see him being on the 49ers staff for a couple years

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wont get a head coaching pos in the next couple years, he is a great assistant but a bad coach. I see him being on the 49ers staff for a couple years

This is how I see his acquisition working out as well.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

I think he'll wind up getting another HC shot but he's still going through full on image repair so I agree he'll have to work his way up again.

These are the kind of moves I like by Harbaugh because it shows he has one eye on the present and one eye looking ahead which I've always said is what successful franchises do.

By finding away to squeeze Mangini on the staff in some capacity this season it gives Mangini a year to get settled and comfortable with the staff and roster so if there is a defensive opening on the staff next year he'll be able to slide in without going through the learning curve he would have if he came in right off the street.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will be here for at least 2 years, and if Roman or Vic get a head coaching job then Mangini will be here for a lot longer