• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Manager Situation

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No disrespect intended nor implied. As a group, even though we tend to frequent the same sources, if there is indeed news we cite sources. Citing a source says "look at the source I found that I want to share". If it is news without a source, that seems to say, "Look at ME!"

Just letting you know the board's "norm". We welcome outside perspectives, but those need to be earned. Many of us have been around since the Mouse (ESPN) Board days, and have bantered back and forth for a long time.
It doesn't have to be so serious and hierarchical though...we should welcome new blood not make them take a citizenship test

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't have to be so serious and hierarchical though...we should welcome new blood not make them take a citizenship test
We DEMAND absolute seriousness! Anyone accused of trying to pass of humor in these parts will be hung from the nearest tree until they are D-E-D dead.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This place hasnt changed lol,Miss all the sarcasm.But how Ironic would it be if Noggin won it all with Texas this year.In all honesty I wanted FZ to be the first to go.Looking for fresh blood for our new skippa.
Welcome back, Kellion. And yes I remember you.

Dont be a stranger!

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wanted to run something by you guys since Bochy was in SF so long...
About half of our fans on the Rangers message board want to fire Bochy after this season because he's made some really wacky decisions with the Ranger's bullpen...in spite of the fact that Texas has now won two playoff series in a row and are knocking on the door of the World Series. Are they being stupid...or is there something I'm missing with Bochy? He won three titles with San Fran so his managerial faults can't be that bad, right? I really like Bochy, personally.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About half of our fans on the Rangers message board want to fire Bochy after this season because he's made some really wacky decisions with the Ranger's bullpen...in spite of the fact that Texas has now won two playoff series in a row and are knocking on the door of the World Series. Are they being stupid...or is there something I'm missing with Bochy? He won three titles with San Fran so his managerial faults can't be that bad, right? I really like Bochy, personally.
Bochy doesn’t go all in with his utilization of the pen during the regular season. He treats the regular season like preseason. He is putting his guys in lots of different situation so that both he and the player know what the player is capable of come playoff time.

Boch is the greatest manager I have closely followed in my life. Why ANYONE would even jokingly talk about firing him is beyond my furthest imagination.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do remember some criticisms of Bochy's bullpen usage, but that was before (I think) the 2010-2014 run. He seemed to pull all the right levers on the bullpen when it counted.

sf1giantfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do remember some criticisms of Bochy's bullpen usage, but that was before (I think) the 2010-2014 run. He seemed to pull all the right levers on the bullpen when it counted.
Except when he pulled Matt Moore when we were winning during the 2016 playoffs. Moore was pissed, I was pissed, America was pissed. We all make mistakes, so he was forgiven eventually although it still hurts every now and then. But no doubt the best SF manager we have ever had.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This place hasnt changed lol,Miss all the sarcasm.But how Ironic would it be if Noggin won it all with Texas this year.In all honesty I wanted FZ to be the first to go.Looking for fresh blood for our new skippa.
I'm rooting for him for sure, Texas has never won and need him to take out Houston. No repeat champs!

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm rooting for him for sure, Texas has never won and need him to take out Houston. No repeat champs!
Was just talking with a co-worker who is an Angels' fan. We both were rooting primarily against the Dodgers for the postseason so his question was "who are you rooting for in the playoffs". I thought a minute and said that the Rangers haven't won it before so I may be leaning toward their direction.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was just talking with a co-worker who is an Angels' fan. We both were rooting primarily against the Dodgers for the postseason so his question was "who are you rooting for in the playoffs". I thought a minute and said that the Rangers haven't won it before so I may be leaning toward their direction.
Feels like we're gonna get a Phillies Astros rematch, I'd have to go Phillies then, Dusty already got his ring

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has there ever been an all-Texas playoff series/game in any of the big-4?

Oilers/Cowboys/Texans? Mavs/Rockets/Spurs? Astros/Rangers?