• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Manager Situation

sf1giantfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Pads GM is implying on keeping Melvin. I think he would be best just based on last time we got the last Pads manager. If not I’m. Interested in Wotus or even Matt Williams. All three with Manager experience and Giant experience. I only see Vogt as knowing our GM but with no manager experience, so don’t see the advantage unless we want someone to do what our GM wants.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this, FZ does look much more humble today then when he started. He looks beat down now

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally forgot he was doing his State of the Team today. Anyone have a link?
I listened on KNBR. Starting manager interviews now with in house candidates. Want to have someone in place prior to free agent signing but likely won’t make a decision until after WS as there might be candidates on the WS teams.

Will confer with key players. Open to 1st time managers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just listened to Ned ColettI on FP Santangelo’s show… if I heard 1/10th the passion out of FZ as I did from ColettI I‘d be a lot more enthused about the Giants going forward

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some notes from Farhan Zaidi's end-of-year press conference:

-Not likey to target back-end starters in free agency. Mid-rotation and above
-Recognized that bringing back Crawford would be a challenging fit
-Believed that Tyler Fitzgerald is the best CFer in the org
-Identified Whisenhunt, Birdsong, Black, and Roupp as the next wave of rookies that could help them out sooner rather than later
-Could interview 1-2 internal candidates for manager position, reiterates desire to have position filled before free agency

sf1giantfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some notes from Farhan Zaidi's end-of-year press conference:

-Not likey to target back-end starters in free agency. Mid-rotation and above
-Recognized that bringing back Crawford would be a challenging fit
-Believed that Tyler Fitzgerald is the best CFer in the org
-Identified Whisenhunt, Birdsong, Black, and Roupp as the next wave of rookies that could help them out sooner rather than later
-Could interview 1-2 internal candidates for manager position, reiterates desire to have position filled before free agency
So with Fitz now being part of the outfield no Bellinger signing a 300 million contract ?

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pads GM has now stated, Melvin is their manager, he is not going anywhere.

It is always helpful to cite a source by including a link. Otherwise, it is just rumor.

Like this:

Melvin to Manage Padres in 2024

Or this;

sf1giantfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is always helpful to cite a source by including a link. Otherwise, it is just rumor.

Like this:

Melvin to Manage Padres in 2024

Or this;

I thought I earned your trust already. I have in the past when I first got here, but I thought after I hit 25 thought producing posts I not only receive a trophy but it came with no questions asked trust. :hmm:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wondering, you guys miss Bochy yet?

Sort of. We had our issues with "Noggin", but he brought us three WS, and that's what we miss the most. To me, Kapler was a Stratomatic playing robot, although with a very personal way with the players, who all seemed to like him.

Last edited:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I earned your trust already. I have in the past when I first got here, but I thought after I hit 25 thought producing posts I not only receive a trophy but it came with no questions asked trust. :hmm:

No disrespect intended nor implied. As a group, even though we tend to frequent the same sources, if there is indeed news we cite sources. Citing a source says "look at the source I found that I want to share". If it is news without a source, that seems to say, "Look at ME!"

Just letting you know the board's "norm". We welcome outside perspectives, but those need to be earned. Many of us have been around since the Mouse (ESPN) Board days, and have bantered back and forth for a long time.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sort of. We had our issues with "Noggin", but he brought us three WS, and that's what we miss the most. To me, Kapler was a Stratomatic playing robot, although with a very personal way with the players, who all seemed to like him.
What were our issues with Noggin?