• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Manager Situation

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully not another puppet. He liked having dissenting voices supposedly when he hired Scott Harris. Why not one behind the bench?
This is a counter comment. :)

I prefer the manager and GM to be in lockstep. Just because I don’t believe in the current GM’s vision doesn’t change my opinion on that subject. I think alternative opinions are important. But those belong in the FO with offices down the hall from FZ, not on the field.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd think FZ has someone lined up.

Wotus?

Melvin?
I think Melvin has to be the leading candidate. Wotus is likely only a candidate in a role similar to Alou’s role post-Dusty. He is not a long term solution.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a counter comment. :)

I prefer the manager and GM to be in lockstep. Just because I don’t believe in the current GM’s vision doesn’t change my opinion on that subject. I think alternative opinions are important. But those belong in the FO with offices down the hall from FZ, not on the field.
To each their own. The above is how we got in this mess with both Harris and his replacement (although replacement only had this year) coupled with Kapler…and that didn’t go well. Either the FO needs to hire this new person down the hall or force FZ to hire a different thinker in the dugout.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Bochy and Sabean always agreed behind closed doors. But o bet both have healthy input on what they thought was best.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants have not fired a manager in-season since 1985 (Jim Davenport). That’s almost 40 years.

This is not a good day in Giants history.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants have not fired a manager in-season since 1985 (Jim Davenport). That’s almost 40 years.

Also, as a hat tip to LHG, as I think he’s the one that’s been calling out the player transactions, “what weird timing”

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, as a hat tip to LHG, as I think he’s the one that’s been calling out the player transactions, “what weird timing”
I think the Brebbia incident lit the fuse, and the FZ interview yesterday triggered the countdown clock to speed up. If FZ hadn’t botched that question so badly, Kap would have lived out the weekend.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have heard 4 names mentioned in different places as potential replacements…

BoMel - I think this one make a lot of sense, but would likely cost us some organizational assets in a trade with SD. If Kap hadn’t been fired prematurely, MAYBE the Pads would have fired him on their own, but now they see the Giants are desperate and would be smart to leverage that.

Wotus - Forever Giant and is currently in house. Hiring him without needing to commit to anything long term has it’s benefits.

Correa - Currently the bench coach, but he was hired by Kap. I suspect he will act as manager this weekend, but I see him getting the axe early next week.

Dusty - Apparently he is wearing out his welcome in Houston. I don’t want him back. He was Kap before Kap was Kap. However, I can see him coming in on a 1 or 2 year stop gap role (similar to Wotus), and I guess I can live with that.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t disagree at all. And the argument CAN be made that FZ needed to strip the org down to the bolts and rebuild from the bottom up, and that takes time to see any sprouting flowers. But I look at what is in the system and while I acknowledge the farm is deeper, I just don’t see any gems. Harry MIGHT be a star. Lucy MIGHT be a star (but he is a holdover from pre-FZ). Matos MIGHT be a nice starter (again, pre-FZ). Schmitt, Beck, Winn, Whisenhunt may be good, but WAY too many question marks right now to rate any of them as hits.

Again, 5 years and only adding ONE true blue chipper to the entire farm (MAYBE Arias, but we are at least 2 years away from really projecting that on him). That just isn’t enough for me. After 5 years, I think it isn’t an unfair expectation to have THREE solid blue-chippers added to the org AND have decent depth.
I agree.... and it's hard to build a solid club without some veteran leadership to span a transition. That's completely lacking

Also, the experiments of yo-yo'ing players and the bull pen games has run it course. Some of it was situationally driven granted, but it also seems to be a core management tenant. Not sure if these were Kap's, FZ's, or mutual decisions, but someone has to be responsible for a better direction in '24

TBH I'd eat FZs' contract and get a new FO. They can figure our if Kap's their guy or not

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

just read they fired the current manger with 3games left in the season.i,m a cubs fan so i don,t know his name.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Brebbia was playing keep away with Kaps severance package.
tenor.gif